• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

ss_lemonade

How...how the hell did I deal with SC Chaos Theory on PSN for so long? Holy shit, playing on PC is like 100x's better. Load times are super fast, zero lag or framerate issues, and of course the visuals are just an huge improvement over the PSN version. Just have to learn the keyboard controls

Is Spies vs Mercs still active on PC?
Is Chaos Theory on the PS3 based on the ps2 version? If so, I think the level layouts are different.

ARSTOTZKA ADMISSION RESULTS

APPROVED:
  • Anustart, with a wonderful passport and matching entry permit. (is that a penis?)
  • Jørdan, who also provided fingerprints. Well, 4 of them, at least. Also 2003-GOTY seems like a legit passport number from the country of Morrowind.
  • Boss Doggie, whose passport looks a bit too modern for a traditional and conservative country such as Arstotzka... His badge of authenticity though makes me confident this doggie will abide by our strong values.
  • Rickenslacker, who looks badass and pissed-off; ++ for the passport reference
  • woo and indeed hoo - I. cannot. refuse. modbot. mind-control. too. strong.
  • intheinbetween, whose alias identity 'Max Powerful' looks super chill (probably because his job is dope)
  • kulapik... this was a tough decision, as I'm afraid romulanmania will take over our Glorious Motherland, but the expiration date and origin country made me laugh
  • Ogedai_Khan, with an obvious choice. Totoy Martillo is evidently an a-ok dude.
  • corrosivefrost, who presented maybe my favourite passport out of all the entries and also sent in a little explanation - the photo is actually of his two dogs, Jake and Peanut, disguised in a trenchcoat :D awesome entry and awesome dogs.
  • MakeshiftChef, with a simple but elegant passport, and some truly spectacular line drawing skills
  • The_Monk, who gave a passport which initially didn't seem noteworthy... but on closer inspection... HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMED
  • Jawmuncher, with the most colourful passport and some excellent font choices (but yet another Romulan advocate is let into Arstotzka! This does not bode well...)

DENIED:
  • Cheddahz, sorry dude, you almost made it :(
  • chronomac, such an asymmetric stache cannot be accepted into our Glorious Nation :(
  • yoshizzle, why so serious? too serious... :(
  • AsylumX, this is just something that popped up in a google search I assume so I'm not even gonna comment further

Thanks to all for your excellent entries! I'll send you your keys as soon as I buy the games :) Don't hesitate to remind me if you see the game on sale somewhere and I haven't noticed haha

GLORY TO STEAMGAFISTAN!

Woo! I won! I really liked seeing everyone's entries.

Articalys

Hadn't bought anything in a very long time before the Thanksgiving sale, so I'm still locked out from buying/selling cards until near the end of this one. Ah well.

Divius

The problem with the voting system in its current implementation is the popular games that will see constant daily deals will always get picked.

That price point for FTL isn't even that good.
Yup. Most people already have it, and it's been in a humble bundle iirc. Oh well, whatcha gonna do

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Is there any other place where you can purchase The Stanley Parable aside from Steam? I haven't seen it on either Amazon or Humble Store, so I guess this daily is as cheap as it will get.

Steam is the only place and this indeed the lowest it's been. Remember to get and play the demo first before the full game, they are different.

Vibranium

Banned
It's sad how the meta game used to revolve around playing your games to get new games and has now become spend money to get cosmetics in free to play games.

I know, it's really bad. I want sale achievements and crafting back. Valve could still find a place for cards and cosmetic items.

Sometimes I get the impression the Steam team really doesn't really know what to do. I wish more people at the company would respond to fan suggestions and inquiries. They're almost like Nintendo in radio silence these days.

Balehead

Time to sell some junk and see if I'll get something with the money I may or may not make. Never been into this item/card-selling but might as well try it.

I won't double dip on Metal Gear as I have it on 360 and all but I may just buy it for my best pal for christmas. Looks like the deal is only for 2 days though (at steam anyways). I wish I can hold a game in my inventory until christmas but I guess he'll get it a bit early. :)

..lol..I just got a Mini Motor Racing booster card..wtf..that came outta nowhere.

Divius

Man cards are selling quick. Some of my cards had been up at the market for a few weeks, but I just relisted them and they sold within a few minutes.

GLORY TO STEAMGAFISTAN!

Very nice!
ucObJX0.gif

The_Monk

howtosurv_hero.jpg

$3.75 + 10% off with code "10thanks"

You get a Steam key as I bought it yesterday. Pretty fun game for $3.50

How far are you fellow GAFfer? I've read and watch some reviews and they said that the difficulty gets raised a lot and suddenly later on the game. I'm tempted but I don't want to face really challenges now. I'm still playing Dark Souls, my challenges are all going there.

Okay.

Decided on my hit list:
Typing of the Dead + DLC
CS: GO
Ballpoint Universe
DayZ
BL2 XMAS DLC
Scribblenauts Unmasked
Possibly Dishonored + DLC
Possibly Divekick
Possibly some software
Possibly Knock-Knock

Gifts:
Dust (hoping it on goes on community choice/daily)
Costume Quest
other misc. GAF gifts

Thanks to all for your excellent entries! I'll send you your keys as soon as I buy the games :) Don't hesitate to remind me if you see the game on sale somewhere and I haven't noticed haha

GLORY TO STEAMGAFISTAN!
Thanks for the contest, and thanks also for picking me! I've had an interest in the game since I first heard of it, but I just never got around to buying it so I'm pretty happy.

How far are you fellow GAFfer? I've read and watch some reviews and they said that the difficulty gets raised a lot and suddenly later on the game. I'm tempted but I don't want to face really challenges now. I'm still playing Dark Souls, my challenges are all going there.

Not far, played only about 30min. Not too hard yet, but we will see.

Cheddahz

Banned

APPROVED:
  • Anustart, with a wonderful passport and matching entry permit. (is that a penis?)
  • Jørdan, who also provided fingerprints. Well, 4 of them, at least. Also 2003-GOTY seems like a legit passport number from the country of Morrowind.
  • Boss Doggie, whose passport looks a bit too modern for a traditional and conservative country such as Arstotzka... His badge of authenticity though makes me confident this doggie will abide by our strong values.
  • Rickenslacker, who looks badass and pissed-off; ++ for the passport reference
  • woo and indeed hoo - I. cannot. refuse. modbot. mind-control. too. strong.
  • intheinbetween, whose alias identity 'Max Powerful' looks super chill (probably because his job is dope)
  • kulapik... this was a tough decision, as I'm afraid romulanmania will take over our Glorious Motherland, but the expiration date and origin country made me laugh
  • Ogedai_Khan, with an obvious choice. Totoy Martillo is evidently an a-ok dude.
  • corrosivefrost, who presented maybe my favourite passport out of all the entries and also sent in a little explanation - the photo is actually of his two dogs, Jake and Peanut, disguised in a trenchcoat :D awesome entry and awesome dogs.
  • MakeshiftChef, with a simple but elegant passport, and some truly spectacular line drawing skills
  • The_Monk, who gave a passport which initially didn't seem noteworthy... but on closer inspection... HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMED
  • Jawmuncher, with the most colourful passport and some excellent font choices (but yet another Romulan advocate is let into Arstotzka! This does not bode well...)

DENIED:
  • Cheddahz, sorry dude, you almost made it :(
  • chronomac, such an asymmetric stache cannot be accepted into our Glorious Nation :(
  • yoshizzle, why so serious? too serious... :(
  • AsylumX, this is just something that popped up in a google search I assume so I'm not even gonna comment further

GLORY TO STEAMGAFISTAN!

Oh bummer, I didn't win :(

Oh well, it was still fun to do and it was great seeing all of the entries!

Blablurn

made a stupid mistake. steam sale began, bought revengeance for 18€. it said 33% off so i thought that was the correct price. now i see it way cheaper. asked steam if they can refund me the difference. i guess price wasnt updated. any info on how they deal with stuff like this?

RS4-

Okay.

Decided on my hit list:
Typing of the Dead + DLC
DayZ
BL2 XMAS DLC
Scribblenauts Unmasked
Possibly Dishonored + DLC
Possibly Divekick
Possibly some software
Possibly Knock-Knock

Gifts:
Dust (hoping it on goes on community choice/daily)
Costume Quest
other misc. GAF gifts

Nice list.

I think I'm just waiting for Papers Please, Valdis, Spelunky and Guac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom