• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

Banned
Derrick, Brothers is made by Starbreeze. You know, The Darkness & Chronicles of Riddick guys (or FastTracker II if you're old like me)
Definitely not indie.

They're technically independent! And I don't like them either, they ruined Syndicate.

Rickenslacker said:
Revengeance was already down to $14~, Dracula of War can be skipped.

The correct answer is to skip the Platinum game and get the good one instead.

Wolfie5

Never played Borderlands before. Decided to get the BL2 GOTY edition, but have just one question.

Do I get all the DLC I need or is there anything that is worth picking up as well?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
All this talk of Castlevania... had to jump on the deal at Nuuvem

ZJVPFNI.png

Salsa

Castlevania has the worst fucking character animations of all time

im really coming off as more hateful than I am towards the game but jesus

I still intend to get to the "good part" eventually

Card Boy

Banned
I might sound like broken record but you are all wrong, and the best DMC is the very first DMC
DMC>DMC3>DMC4>DMC2
I don't put DmC in that equations because it's not really DMC, it's a game of its own and after playing some of it I think it's a good game, but saying that is the best DMC won't do, won't do at all.

DMC2 is so bad it's not funny. The story makes no sense and is so random and the game took maybe 3 hrs to clock. Even if you played the first game you will be confused. The other characters aren't worth a playthrough as it has very minor changes to the story. The core gameplay is fine.

nexen

Hell yes, and that level design
Yes, exactly. Level design and boss design were probably the two best things in the game. At least the concept and art of both.

What other game lets you fight the giant, disembodied head of (faux) Fox news? Holy shit that was brilliant.

Launch DMC4, Legendary Dark Knight mode - that's fun.

I need to try it again. I didn't make it very far into DMC4, but I'm sure I wasn't playing it right. I have ... problems getting into Japanese style games though, so I'm not sure I'm going to like it.

I am LTTP on Monkgate so I won't comment directly on that. However, I will mention that it took quite some considerable time for me to convince him on Steam Chat a day or so ago that he should add ALL the games he was interested in to his Steam Wishlist especially all the cheaper games.

I stressed to him that he was well regarded around these parts and that if he didn't do this then he would be doing a disservice to those people who may wish to gift him a game as a token of their appreciation for who he is but whose budget was limited. I am sure there have been occasions where a fellow GAFer has wished to do this but they couldn't afford any of the games he had in a small wishlist.

Of course, The_Monk being The_Monk was a very difficult fellow to convince as he seemed more interested in getting some money together to do another giveaway in here. It was only when I explained that allowing someone to give to you is in itself an act of giving to them that I think I started to make any traction in convincing him.

Now I ask you, does someone who has to be bullied implored to add games to his wishlist in case anyone wished to send him a gift sound like someone who is fake and really in it for what they can get out of it?

You will make your own judgement on that. I have already made mine.

EDIT - I checked his wishlist earlier and he's only added a few more games to it, none of them uber cheap to encourage gifting.

I don't think his heart's in it, poor love :(.

Bittercup

I shied away from Borderlands 1 because I was told it was more of a shooter with RPG elements instead of an RPG with shooter elements, and that it was multiplayer-focused. As someone who prefers RPG to shooter, and who plays almost exclusively single-player, I decided it wasn't for me.

Is the same true for Borderlands 2?
I wouldn't say that the games are multiplayer-focused. Just more fun with friends but not required if you prefer to play alone. I played Borderlands 1 with a friend and a second time alone. Was fun both times.
And the games are both shooters with RPG elements in form of a level system with skills and randomized loot. Don't expect any more RPG than that. Borderlands 2 isn't any different in this regard.
If that sounds fine to you I would just buy the first game. It's probably cheaper.

Salsa

I wouldn't say that the games are multiplayer-focused.

you wouldnt say Borderlands is multiplayer-focused?

wut

difference between the game "still being fun" in single-player and the game itself not focusing on a multiplayer experience

it is 100% a multiplayer game and thoroughly intended to be played that way

Hubb

Never played Borderlands before. Decided to get the BL2 GOTY edition, but have just one question.

Do I get all the DLC I need or is there anything that is worth picking up as well?

No sadly you do not get all the DLC. If you look at the packaged info you are missing a number of the skins I believe.

nexen

I am LTTP on Monkgate so I won't comment directly on that. However, I will mention that it took quite some considerable time for me to convince him on Steam Chat a day or so ago that he should add ALL the games he was interested in to his Steam Wishlist especially all the cheaper games.

I stressed to him that he was well regarded around these parts and that if he didn't do this then he would be doing a disservice to those people who may wish to gift him a game as a token of their appreciation for who he is but whose budget was limited. I am sure there have been occasions where a fellow GAFer has wished to do this but they couldn't afford any of the games he had in a small wishlist.

Of course, The_Monk being The_Monk was a very difficult fellow to convince as he seemed more interested in getting some money together to do another giveaway in here. It was only when I explained that allowing someone to give to you is in itself an act of giving to them that I think I started to make any traction in convincing him.

Now I ask you, does someone who has to be bullied implored to add games to his wishlist in case anyone wished to send him a gift sound like someone who is fake and really in it for what they can get out of it?

You will make your own judgement on that. I have already made mine.

EDIT - I checked his wishlist earlier and he's only added a few more games to it, none of them uber cheap to encourage gifting.

I don't think his heart's in it, poor love :(.

Eh, I think Monk-gate was a bit overblown. Mr. Elysia is actually a super nice guy as well and I don't think he meant any harm.

wut

difference between the game "still being fun" in single-player and the game itself not focusing on a multiplayer experience

Thanks for the clarification. Think I'll pass on B2 as well then.

wut

Aren't the layouts / amount of enemies identical in Blands 1/2 regardless of the amount of players? The difference between SP and MP is enemies being more bullet-spongey and their attack damage going up a little?

Salsa

Aren't the layouts / amount of enemies identical in Blands 1/2 regardless of the amount of players? The difference between SP and MP is enemies being more bullet-spongey and their attack damage going up a little?

im just saying that it does feel like you're not getting the full experience when you play alone. there's stuff there that is meant to make more sense with more people there (healing abilities, etc). Game is as much fun as SP (assuming you enjoy borderlands), dont get me wrong, im just saying it being a multiplayer experience was like the whole selling point. It's definetly focused on that, in my opinion.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Look at the game's page on steam, it even says indie there.

Look right under that section, Published by 505 games. Also, Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity, and DayZ are also technically defined as indie.

Additionally, Chivalry is also an indie game that everyone goes nuts about. You just make choices because it goes against what everyone else is currently saying.

You're a hipster. :)

Wolfie5

No sadly you do not get all the DLC. If you look at the packaged info you are missing a number of the skins I believe.

OK, but I don´t care about the skins. I meant, is there any other worthwhile DLC(like missions, etc) that is not included in the GOTY edition?

donny2112

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=737014.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tomb Raider 2013 -- MB-FFD4496DAC7C69BC - Taken by chronomac

TressFX! :D

Eh, I think Monk-gate was a bit overblown. Mr. Elysia is actually a super nice guy as well and I don't think he meant any harm.

I'm sure :). I didn't address my comments directly to him as I've been afk so couldn't in all conscience do so as I wasn't up to speed on it all; I was addressing the thread as a whole.

Zeliard

Hubb

OK, but I don´t care about the skins. I meant, is there any other worthwhile DLC(like missions, etc) that is not included in the GOTY edition?

I believe the holiday themed hunts are the only missions that do not come with the GOTY. I haven't bought them so I can't comment on them, but they seem pretty short from what I have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom