• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

made a stupid mistake. steam sale began, bought revengeance for 18€. it said 33% off so i thought that was the correct price. now i see it way cheaper. asked steam if they can refund me the difference. i guess price wasnt updated. any info on how they deal with stuff like this?

Levyne

Banned
Cards/badges are something I doubt I'll ever end up caring about (other than dumping for a few dollars every once in awhile).

Turfster

I hate the craft badges for stuff. Can't get all cards for a game by playing it, forcing you to buy cards. Ugh.

Votes and money spending it is, hope that is enough to get me a globe or two.

If you vote at least twice a day, you'll have 10 cards by the end.

I won't buy them. Just saying this is lazy compared to the in game achievements like last year had.

SAM pretty much made that impossible to do again since people can just use it to cheat, sadly.

I guess Revengeance being a repeat on the last day is kind of a given, since its new and everyone's buying it

but then again im not sure how'd they feel about that, seeing as to how this is a pre-order limited thing
Platinum Games' first Steam title and it's host to informative video's like this one.

I ain't gonna complain that Revengeance is selling as much as it is if it means they'll eventually port over Bayonetta and Vanquish. Maybe even Anarchy Reigns if we're lucky.

The_Monk

Thinking of starting To the Moon shortly, been meaning to get to that one. How long would it take to finish?

Took me just a little less than 4 hours.

Have fun, disable all your electronics that my distract you and go for the journey. It's a great Story driven game with almost no gameplay elements but it's worth it. :)

KScorp

made a stupid mistake. steam sale began, bought revengeance for 18€. it said 33% off so i thought that was the correct price. now i see it way cheaper. asked steam if they can refund me the difference. i guess price wasnt updated. any info on how they deal with stuff like this?

I see it as 33% off as well, it seems correct. Do you see something different now?

Acccent

I was in the subway when I read the giveaway started. I know it was sloppy but there is not much you can do from a phone...

ah, okay. yeah I agree those are attenuating circumstances...
sorry and sorry to the other three who I didn't pick, it was really hard making a choice tbh :(

Jintor

Hmm, think I might leave HOTD Overkill for a Steam Sale in a year or two when it inevitably drops to <$5, or at least <$10.

But this Dishonored DLC... gah... still $15 for the lot... hmmmm

Ertai

For Dutch-GAF: does anyone else have troubles paying with iDeal?

I get: "The payment processor has reported an authorization failure. Please select a different payment method."

iDeal is the only way I can buy stuff on Steam, so if this continues I'm fucked :(

Ordered Metal Gear just now via iDeal, worked fine for me. ABN-AMRO bank.

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSS!!!

mgrrstn2jcj.png

My nanomachines are ready.

RS4-

Hmm, think I might leave HOTD Overkill for a Steam Sale in a year or two when it inevitably drops to <$5, or at least <$10.

But this Dishonored DLC... gah... still $15 for the lot... hmmmm

Cheapest TOTD+Overkill was uhh, 5.50? Or something like that on GMG about 2 weeks ago.

Globe cards haven't tanked in value yet. I'm shocked.
Given that the badges can be crafted infinitely, the reward can be a potentially super rare TF2/Dota 2 item, and the cards expire at the end of the sale, I wouldn't be surprised if the cards stay steady in value throughout.

Colin.

Took me just a little less than 4 hours.

Have fun, disable all your electronics that my distract you and go for the journey. It's a great Story driven game with almost no gameplay elements but it's worth it. :)

4-5 hours. I beat it in two sittings in one day (and I only stopped because I had to go somewhere).

3-4 hours if I remember correctly.

Thanks for the info. Just wanted to check, as I don't want a huge time sink atm. And I'm fine if the actual gameplay of it is compromised for a good story, in the same way that Gone Home was.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Globe cards haven't tanked in value yet. I'm shocked.

It seems Valve learned the errors of their ways after the Summer Sale card event. Now cards are "use it or lose it" and will disappear when the sale is over.

Anyone have issues with Hotline Miami? I start it, the initial loading screen pops up ("This icon is displayed...") and the game freezes there

Decided on my hit list:
Typing of the Dead + DLC (Waiting for daily)
CS: GO
Ballpoint Universe

DayZ
BL2 XMAS DLC
Scribblenauts Unmasked
Dishonored + DLC
Possibly some software
Possibly Knock-Knock

Gifts:
Dust (hoping it on goes on community choice/daily)
Costume Quest
CS: GO
other misc. GAF gifts

The sale just started today.

Typically everything is at least partly on sale with everyone waiting for the Daily / Flash for the extra dollar or two savings that accompany it. Recettear isn't discounted in the slightest yet and I don't believe it ever went on sale during the Autumn sale either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom