• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

arkham origins came with a few Nvidia cards

translation: people selling steam codes on ebay for cheap

got mine for $25 before the game came out

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
They never do the good stuff on the first day. Halfway through is the sweet spot. I got Borderlands 2 with the season pass for like 10 bucks during the summer sale halfway through.

Dambrosi

Banned
How does with work for cards?

Click on SAMPicker.exe, click on game from list, leave the window open. Simple. You can have as many as five on at once, but usually just one at a time is recommended.

Er, not that I would ever do something like that, of course.

BTW, voted for Shadowrun, since it's the only one i don't have yet.

Vibranium

Banned
So is it worth it more to sell the Snow Globe trading cards than craft the badge and hope you get a rare item to make cash off of?

I may hate how the event games are these days but what the heck, might as well take part.

The_Monk

Okay.

Decided on my hit list:
Typing of the Dead + DLC
CS: GO
Ballpoint Universe
DayZ
BL2 XMAS DLC
Scribblenauts Unmasked
Possibly Dishonored + DLC
Possibly Divekick
Possibly some software
Possibly Knock-Knock

Gifts:
Dust (hoping it on goes on community choice/daily)
Costume Quest
other misc. GAF gifts

Here are my impressions of Knock-Knock in case you are interested. Hope it helps, anything else let me know!

http://67.227.255.239/forum/showpost.php?p=86286472&postcount=79

Salsa

I guess Revengeance being a repeat on the last day is kind of a given, since its new and everyone's buying it

but then again im not sure how'd they feel about that, seeing as to how this is a pre-order limited thing

b3b0p

I'm pretty content.

Preordered Metal Gear now. Otherwise, I'm looking at trying out DuckTales and Mickey. Have those ever been lower in price? I doubt they'll ever be daily deals for some reason or another.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Looks like Enhanced Steam is also getting some love from PC Gamer. :)

Move Dishonored + DLC to definitely, and drop divekick like the 5 second one-note joke it is.

Okay. Updated.

Okay.

Decided on my hit list:
Typing of the Dead + DLC
Ballpoint Universe
DayZ
BL2 XMAS DLC
Scribblenauts Unmasked
Dishonored + DLC
Possibly some software
Possibly Knock-Knock

Gifts:
Dust (hoping it on goes on community choice/daily)
Costume Quest
other misc. GAF gifts

Only got $80, so I need to be creative and diplomatic about this. I've decided all gifts will be Real Money if I can help it.

hohoXD123

Already have Metal Gear Revengeance on Xbox 360, should I double dip, GAF?
did_it_ever_happen_to_you_when_part_18_03.gif

Debating Revengeance. How much of the Metal Gear Solid story do I need to know? I haven't played any of them besides a tiny bit of MGS4, and I know they're super story-heavy. If I really need the MGS background first, I won't buy it now, but if I can just jump in and slice dudes without knowing what the hell a Liquid Snake is, then I might jump at the discount.

For Dutch-GAF: does anyone else have troubles paying with iDeal?

I get: "The payment processor has reported an authorization failure. Please select a different payment method."

iDeal is the only way I can buy stuff on Steam, so if this continues I'm fucked :(

AsylumX

ARSTOTZKA ADMISSION RESULTS
DENIED:
  • Cheddahz, sorry dude, you almost made it :(
  • chronomac, such an asymmetric stache cannot be accepted into our Glorious Nation :(
  • yoshizzle, why so serious? too serious... :(
  • AsylumX, this is just something that popped up in a google search I assume so I'm not even gonna comment further

I was in the subway when I read the giveaway started. I know it was sloppy but there is not much you can do from a phone...

I'm pretty content.

Preordered Metal Gear now. Otherwise, I'm looking at trying out DuckTales and Mickey. Have those ever been lower in price? I doubt they'll ever be daily deals for some reason or another.

Ducktales and Castle of Illusion will be very cheap for Christmas on Amazon

traveler

Not Wario
Is BO worth it? I liked Asylum a lot and found City to be merely ok. I enjoyed the series more focused aspects in the first and find the stealth scenarios more fun than the combat, which is enjoyable but not particularly deep or interesting.

Assuming the base game is worth a purchase, what about the DLC?

These sales are hitting so close together that there's very little I'm looking out for now. Probably will jump on:

Papers Please
Splinter Cell: Blacklist
EUIV

if they hit a decent discount. If we actually see discounts on early access titles, I'd also consider grabbing Starbound, DayZ, Wasteland 2, and Sir, You Are Being Hunted, although I doubt they'll go that far.

Debating the double dip on MGR as well. Great game and I never played the DLC.

Debating Revengeance. How much of the Metal Gear Solid story do I need to know? I haven't played any of them besides a tiny bit of MGS4, and I know they're super story-heavy. If I really need the MGS background first, I won't buy it now, but if I can just jump in and slice dudes without knowing what the hell a Liquid Snake is, then I might jump at the discount.

You just have to appreciate being able to rockstar-slide underneath rockets fired from a robot velociraptor, and being able to slice those rockets apart in slow motion during the slide, during gameplay.

The game is not very story heavy and is very much self-contained. It's not a Metal Gear Solid game. It's a slicey dicey being a cyborg ninja to rock cheesy metal game.

oxbear

Neo Member
Enjoy.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Super Hexagon -- MB-792D063F0C713060 taken

The_Monk

Is BO worth it? I liked Asylum a lot and found City to be merely ok. I enjoyed the series more focused aspects in the first and find the stealth scenarios more fun than the combat, which is enjoyable but not particularly deep or interesting.

Debating the double dip on MGR as well. Great game and I never played the DLC.

My short impressions on Batman Origins:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=94012618&postcount=16096

And if the price is okay for you then yes, you should get Rising fellow GAFfer. :)

How is the single player (if it exists)?

Singleplayer is pretty bare bones and doesn't really work with the style of the game (can't really play mind games with the computer).

It has also been pretty dead for a long time online, so you may have little luck getting a random game.

The only reason to buy divekick is if you have people you know you will play with. Luckily for this it is really quite fun, so if you think you "might" get a game with a friend, it is worth having.

Divius

Steam thinks you are playing the game when you run it through SAM, so card drops happen as long as sam is open on a game with remaining card drops.

Click on SAMPicker.exe, click on game from list, leave the window open. Simple. You can have as many as five on at once, but usually just one at a time is recommended.

Er, not that I would ever do something like that, of course.
Awesome, thanks. Just saved me some hassle of (re)downloading games.

The Revengeance story only has a little to do with the greater MGS mythos. The only returning characters are Raiden and Sunny, and pretty much everything you need to know about who they are you can learn from the codec convos in-game, if you care to. Go for it.

You just have to appreciate being able to rockstar-slide underneath rockets fired from a robot velociraptor, and being able to slice those rockets apart in slow motion during the slide, during gameplay.

Yes, this.

Chris R

I hate the craft badges for stuff. Can't get all cards for a game by playing it, forcing you to buy cards. Ugh.

Votes and money spending it is, hope that is enough to get me a globe or two.

I'm not the biggest fan of the trading cards. I liked it better a few years ago when you had to complete objectives in games and you got a gift or coal. That being said, nothing listed today really sparks my interest. Good thing the sale lasts so long!

I hate the craft badges for stuff. Can't get all cards for a game by playing it, forcing you to buy cards. Ugh.

Votes and money spending it is, hope that is enough to get me a globe or two.

Then don't buy them?

But please don't complain that it exists. Nobody is forcing you to do it.

Prophane33

I'm not the biggest fan of the trading cards. I liked it better a few years ago when you had to complete objectives in games and you got a gift or coal. That being said, nothing listed today really sparks my interest. Good thing the sale lasts so long!

But you can sell trading cards! Then you have more money to spend on games. I funded my entire summer sale with just card profits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom