• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checking out the leaked Amazon sales, I found out that the Mass Effect Trilogy will be $9.99 tomorrow. If I don't mind Origin, I guess it's a pretty good deal?

Yes, and Origin is a sound digital service actually. I hate to say it, but as someone who was beta testing Steam back in the dark days of launch, Origin got to 'good' status years before Steam ever did.

Don't buy into the mass hysteria around here, lots of people are too in bed with Steam to have an open mind.

I bought Max Payne 3 code from US Amazon some six months ago, and registered it on my European account without any problems. I doubt they changed anything in the meantime.

You'll still need to use some random US billing address with your default credit/debit card info, but I guess you knew that already.
Thanks a lot, i thought i needed a vpn or something like that, and yeah, i knew about the billing address, i had to use one when amazon had those psn store deals during black friday. :D

bonesquad

l3MzXCp.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
At least it looks like it was close!
I'm looking at you Derrick!

So, theoretically if Brothers wins, would I be able to use my DS4, or have to use my 360 controller?

Probably going to have to use the 360 controller.

http://www.gamesradar.com/how-use-ps4-controller-on-pc/

We tested a variety of games in Steam Big Picture mode with mixed results, sampling games that all worked smoothly with an Xbox 360 controller plugged in. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons and Borderlands 2 simply refused to recognize the DualShock 4, even though Steam Big Picture "saw" the controller just fine. The Wolf Among Us functioned, but the button array was permanently jumbled, and controlling the viewpoint with the right analog stick flat out didn't function. Soundodger+ worked like a charm--but that's a one-joystick-one-button rhythm game. Feel free to give your favorite Steam games a shot, but don't expect them to function with a DualShock 4.

Prezhulio

bleh, brothers didn't win. guess i'll keep my eyes peeled for a flash/daily on it, as i'd like to spend my steam bucks on it rather than getting it from amazon.

OMFG BROTHERS LOST!
LLShC.gif

Its got several nominations for GOTY, some people saying one of the best games they've ever played and it loses? Comeon gaming community, get it together.

Castlevania is great on its own, don't listen to haters. I'd probably get it too, but I've already got it on PS3, and I don't have time to play it again with all those other games in the backlog, nevermind all the PS Plus stuff that I just hoard now >.>

Thanks a lot, i thought i needed a vpn or something like that, and yeah, i knew about the billing address, i had to use one when amazon had those psn store deals during black friday :D
No problem ;)

KorrZ

Chivalry has been on sale for $6.25 for literally the past 3 years of steam sales, and was already a daily to boot. Fuck off guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom