• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmizzal

Hello there SteamGAF! I might still be a rookie in these parts, but I'd like to do my best to wish you all a happy holidays with this giveaway :3

All keys are humble bundle gift links, and they all redeem on steam. Enjoy!

uh I keep missing out on Magicka

Copons

Using the Steam Protocol Handler.

If you want to check the system requirements you can type "steam://checksysreqs/<id>" into your browser, where <id> is the App ID of the game you're trying to test.

For example, if you want to see if your computer meets the minimum requirements to run Metal Gear Rising (and have Steam open) click here.

I'll stop you right there!
That function seems broken. :(

I tried it and got a "meets the requirements", even though I'm waaaay lower than those.

Just saying:

Min req:
- i5 2400
- GTS 450

My specs:
- Core 2 Duo
- 9600M GT

NotSelf

Can't seem to stop my steam library from growing.

tumblr_mwbxb6rJ561qd0e7vo1_500.gif

I'm afraid.

Every time a game that interests me goes on daily or flash, I look at it for about a minute, go 'ehhhhhh', then immediately disregard it. I can't get into this sale for some reason.

I'm feeling the same way... I picked up dayz right as the sale started (even though its not on sale) and finally picked up eador and farcry 3, but just can't bring myself to pull the trigger on a lot of the sales of games I've been interested in picking up for awhile. Not sure what the deal is.... (well, beyond the amount I've spent on games since beginning of november that is).

and... anyone feel free to add me as well...

http://steamcommunity.com/id/elemental_sin/

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'll stop you right there!
That function seems broken. :(

I tried it and got a "meets the requirements", even though I'm waaaay lower than those.

Just saying:

Min req:
- i5 2400
- GTS 450

My specs:
- Core 2 Duo
- 9600M GT

Hmmm interesting.

Like I said, I'm not sure how the Steam client itself is handling this call. Have you filled out a hardware survey in the past on a beefier computer? Can you resubmit the hardware survey and click the link again to see if you get the same result?

vg260

How's the PC port of NBA 2k14? For a single player bball fix, is it better cheap for the PC or renting the PS4 version?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Using the Steam Protocol Handler.

If you want to check the system requirements you can type "steam://checksysreqs/<id>" into your browser, where <id> is the App ID of the game you're trying to test.

For example, if you want to see if your computer meets the minimum requirements to run Metal Gear Rising (and have Steam open) click here.
I don't think it works too well. It says my old Athlon 64 X2 7750 will be able to run the game, but supposedly it requires an i5 as bare minimum.

I still bought the game when it was up for preorder, because I'm such a fool.

There was... the very first day. It dropped down to $5. Maybe it'll happen again during the 'best of' sale!

I hope so, if not, I will pick it up for 10. It looks interesting and the impressions that were given to me were convincing enough.

Anyway, off to work, I'll catch you guys in a couple of hours.

Copons

Hmmm interesting.

Like I said, I'm not sure how the Steam client itself is handling this call. Have you filled out a hardware survey in the past on a beefier computer? Can you resubmit the hardware survey and click the link again to see if you get the same result?

Nope, this is the best I've ever had, and I'm pretty sure I never lied to Gaben. :D

IIRC in one of those surveys (even though I mostly got connection speed ones), it actually automatically got my specs right.
So maybe that function, at least once, worked fine, but then they decided to drop it as, well, meeting the minimum requirements doesn't necessarily mean that a game will run, so it could have been a problem for Valve, like granting to people a mean to "RMA" games.
Or, most likely, they trashed it into oblivion along with almost every other API functions. :D

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Nope, this is the best I've ever had, and I'm pretty sure I never lied to Gaben. :D

IIRC in one of those surveys (even though I mostly got connection speed ones), it actually automatically got my specs right.
So maybe that function, at least once, worked fine, but then they decided to drop it as, well, meeting the minimum requirements doesn't necessarily mean that a game will run, so it could have been a problem for Valve, like granting to people a mean to "RMA" games.
Or, most likely, they trashed it into oblivion along with almost every other API functions. :D

Good point. I'll reach out to Valve on this.

kurahador

Awww yis...I just realized Wolf Among Us already has episode 2 achievements.

But then I realized it also has for all episodes as well....... :(

I only have one game on my wishlist, which is odd because I rarely put stuff on it, but still holding out for Spelunky, Guacamelee and Brothers!

MRORANGE

If one were to only join neogaf to sell steam games in the b/s/t thread from certain regions would that be bannable

That's an interesting question, it's a grey area (best ask a mod) but I would assume it should be okay to some degree fi they follow the thread rules of B/S/T

I find the Juniors selling only games that have been in Humble Bundles far worse.

Person in question isa junior aswell who seems to only be here to sell games.

In sale threads, anything, usually goes that can't be allowed in a normal Steam thread (trading/selling/friends/spam-stats). There's too many people posting to regulate, so the rules are somewhat relaxed.

If for some reason these don't work, I'm kinda drunk so I don't know if I copied the gift links completely, whoever claims em first, add me on steam and I'll gift the game directly.

Anyways, enjoy a few things. These games seem popular enough on gaf to be the 4000th person to give em away.

EDIT - EDGE. NOT MIRRORS EDGE. Y U DO THIS MODBOT? :(

ModBot said:
[
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Super Hexagon -- MB-58BAD136FFC63805
EDGE -- MB-AFE507A5E89878C9 - Taken by Luap

Javaman

I've got to recommend World in Conflict to anyone who is interested in RTS games. It simplifies things by getting rid of the base building and you spawn in reinforcements based on points that collect over time. It's based on an alternative timeline where the Russians invade Western Berlin and America. Co-op against bots in MP!
If you end up getting it be sure to launch with the russian expansion. It interlaces the new missions into the original campaign.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMoN7R7_Ygc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssHmLxCAUgM

Altazor

Feel free to add me:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970579091/

Oh, and are we trading snowglobes in here? I just got my second #7, and I need 1,2,6,8 and 10. I've never done the trading thing before, seems scary.

damn man, I wish I could trade with you but apparently adding funds to my steam wallet with a different method fucked me up so I can't buy/sell anything in the community market... OR trade anything. Argh :(

Turfster

Seriously A:CM. I now can't pick up ammo because my weapon is "full", even though the weapon is reading 0/0. I'm basically running on nothing but infinite pistol ammo now.

Darkroronoa

If for some reason these don't work, I'm kinda drunk so I don't know if I copied the gift links completely, whoever claims em first, add me on steam and I'll gift the game directly.

Anyways, enjoy a few things. These games seem popular enough on gaf to be the 4000th person to give em away.

EDIT - EDGE. NOT MIRRORS EDGE. Y U DO THIS MODBOT? :(

Thanks for super hexagon :D

ss_lemonade

I've got to recommend World in Conflict to anyone who is interested in RTS games. It simplifies things by getting rid of the base building and you spawn in reinforcements based on points that collect over time. It's based on an alternative timeline where the Russians invade Western Berlin and America. Co-op against bots in MP!
If you end up getting it be sure to launch with the russian expansion. It interlaces the new missions into the original campaign.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMoN7R7_Ygc
I remember running the benchmark on that game multiple times to test my computer

Quick pro bro tip: If you have snowglobe cards, SELL THEM NOW AND BUY THEM BACK AT A MUCH CHEAPER PRICE 3-5 DAYS FROM NOW. They will be in the 6-10 cent range (US currency wise) as the market will be continuously flooded with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom