• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Recettear is legit good, one of the best and unique games I've played on steam so far. Almost 8 hours in now, combat is pretty simple but it works as you don't have to do it all the time, most of the time you're keeping the store open and making profit. Very recommended game, there's no similar games to it.

20 minutes and community vote disappoints again.

Eternia

So I'm playing Prime World Defenders. It's a slightly different take on tower defense with you upgrading cards which will represent your towers in-game. You will still level up towers on a per map basis but only by the number of times you've powered up the card. The gameplay is as you would expect it with enemies running along a path and you blowing them up.

Unfortunately it seems buggy with achievements not flagging on Steam (in-game tracking system is fine) and friends on leaderboards disappearing. I managed to get one achievement and leaderboards only worked on the first day. It kind of drags the experience down and makes me not want to play it. Plenty of complaints about these problems since launch and it still hasn't been ironed out.

Arthea

Yeah Recettear is legit good, one of the best and unique games I've played on steam so far. Almost 8 hours in now, combat is pretty simple but it works as you don't have to do it all the time, most of the time you're keeping the store open and making profit. Very recommended game, there's no similar games to it.

20 minutes and community vote disappoints again.
Well if you mean on steam, then yes, but I was under impression that Recettear is based on Atelier series, so it's not exactly unique, although it's great nevertheless.

Parsnip

All this friend adding from few pages ago made me realize that I too could use more Steam friends.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/majorparsnip/

I'm so late to the party!

I'm also thinking about going to sleep, and worrying that if I go now, I might accidentally sleep too much and miss one flash deal. I guess I have to stay awake a little longer.

derExperte

I've got to recommend World in Conflict to anyone who is interested in RTS games. It simplifies things by getting rid of the base building and you spawn in reinforcements based on points that collect over time. It's based on an alternative timeline where the Russians invade Western Berlin and America. Co-op against bots in MP!
If you end up getting it be sure to launch with the russian expansion. It interlaces the new missions into the original campaign.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMoN7R7_Ygc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssHmLxCAUgM

Heh, I have that on my wishlist in the imaginary 'old games that probably will never become a daily ever again'-section together with EDF:Insect Armageddon. Will probably buy on the last day.

I'm too lazy to post the link to my thing -- but if you're a GAFer and want to add me, go ahead. If it let's you tell me you're from GAF, that's a plus.

Jawmuncher

Seriously A:CM. I now can't pick up ammo because my weapon is "full", even though the weapon is reading 0/0. I'm basically running on nothing but infinite pistol ammo now.

I played through 60% of the game not knowing there was a weapon wheel.
All because I picked up a legendary weapon and didn't ralize it used different ammo.

Turfster

Is Reus any good? I'm one cent away from being able to buy it lol

Prepare for the grind to unlock animal/plant/building types to be able to grind to unlock longer playtimes to unlock animal/plant/building types etc...

I played through 60% of the game not knowing there was a weapon wheel.
All because I picked up a legendary weapon and didn't ralize it used different ammo.
Oh wow. I had to rebind the key to make it actually work. Thanks!

Javaman

Heh, I have that on my wishlist in the imaginary 'old games that probably will never become a daily ever again'-section together with EDF:Insect Armageddon. Will probably buy on the last day.

I've been waiting ages for Darkest of Days to drop in price. it's WAY overpriced at $20. It's been sitting in my wishlist for over a year for the same reason.

Myshkin

Feel free to add me:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970579091/

Oh, and are we trading snowglobes in here? I just got my second #7, and I need 1,2,6,8 and 10. I've never done the trading thing before, seems scary.

I can trade you snowglobe #6, just sent friend request.

(I've never done that scary trading thing either. We can both learn it together. "Yeah, 'independent,' that's the word. Hey, let's be independent together.")

GaussTek

Checking out the leaked Amazon sales, I found out that the Mass Effect Trilogy will be $9.99 tomorrow. If I don't mind Origin, I guess it's a pretty good deal?

Does anyone know if i can activate the US version of Max Payne 3 that amazon.com it's selling for cheaper than steam, on an european account?
I bought Max Payne 3 code from US Amazon some six months ago, and registered it on my European account without any problems. I doubt they changed anything in the meantime.

You'll still need to use some random US billing address with your default credit/debit card info, but I guess you knew that already.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Did the Borderlands 2 price fuck up? I remember seeing it for $15 earlier in the day but now it's back to $30.

Also, on the item page, it says the sale ends the 2nd. So does that mean it doesn't even have a daily anymore?

If for some reason these don't work, I'm kinda drunk so I don't know if I copied the gift links completely, whoever claims em first, add me on steam and I'll gift the game directly.

Anyways, enjoy a few things. These games seem popular enough on gaf to be the 4000th person to give em away.

EDIT - EDGE. NOT MIRRORS EDGE. Y U DO THIS MODBOT? :(

Yay, I won Mirror's Edge! Thanks WhiskeyDiver.

Jawmuncher

Checking out the leaked Amazon sales, I found out that the Mass Effect Trilogy will be $9.99 tomorrow. If I don't mind Origin, I guess it's a pretty good deal?

It's the best deal you can get on those games. Hell EA actually still hasn't matched that price in any of their sales. The only issue is the DLC which never goes on sale and is on the bioware site for some dumb reason.

Oh wow. I had to rebind the key to make it actually work. Thanks!

Glad it wasn't just me. Guess they never patched it. Since I had to rebind it as well if I recall.

Hubb

Did the Borderlands 2 price fuck up? I remember seeing it for $15 earlier in the day but now it's back to $30.

Also, on the item page, it says the sale ends the 2nd. So does that mean it doesn't even have a daily anymore?

Base game is still 75% off. Someone decided the GOTY shouldn't be part of the daily.

Dr.Acula

Banned
l3aRXy3l.jpg

I was page downing through this thread and when I hit this image thought, "what game is that?"

I have problem.

Was looking for something to play and decided I should probably finish off The Journey Down, was pretty good and another game out of the backlog! (Time to buy 10 more)

maneil99

Does the name begin with i and end with heo? I have to admit I found it obnoxious as well. He sounds like a Carnival barker.
Yea, he is getting on my nerves. He spams his thing everyday instead of waiting the minimum 150 posts.

Anyway guesses on the flash sale? If someone gets a single game right ill buy them the cheapest flash sale game. ( first person to guess wins )

I was page downing through this thread and when I hit this image thought, "what game is that?"

I have problem.
Nice lightning!

Re: Borderlans 2 GOTY Edition price fuck-up - I guess 2K realised that you could get game + almost all of those numerous DLCs for the price of 2 solo DLCs and some change. Shame, it seemed like a good deal.

Edit: is it just me, or weren't DLC prices lower during Steam sales couple of sales ago? I could swear they were getting same discounts as the base game, but now it's usually 75% off the game and 50% off the DLC :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom