• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Weird that Recettear hasn't been on sale.

images

You should all buy Assetto Corsa, it's the best racing sim ever made. And yes, it has good controller support as well if you don't have a wheel.

You just have to appreciate being able to rockstar-slide underneath rockets fired from a robot velociraptor, and being able to slice those rockets apart in slow motion during the slide, during gameplay.

The game is not very story heavy and is very much self-contained. It's not a Metal Gear Solid game. It's a slicey dicey being a cyborg ninja to rock cheesy metal game.

The Revengeance story only has a little to do with the greater MGS mythos. The only returning characters are Raiden and Sunny, and pretty much everything you need to know about who they are you can learn from the codec convos in-game, if you care to. Go for it.

My new snow globes thank you!

that's what she said

EDIT: Oh what? Pre-purchase items don't count towards snow globes? BOO.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
fairly certain it takes time to account. you'll probably get them a little later

(4 hours later)

Still nada.

Broke. Anyone buying MGRaiden and expects cards, don't I guess.

I guess I could raise a fuss with Steam support but by the time they got around to it it'd be over and therefore the cards would poof into thin air anyway.

I wanted to sell them to make some cash back, but I guess not. :/

The_Monk

(4 hours later)

Still nada.

I guess I could raise a fuss with Steam support but by the time they got around to it it'd be over and therefore the cards would poof into thin air anyway.

I believe they said that for Pre-orders, getting Cards won't apply since you can get a refund on Pre-orders.

BeesEight

People are voting for Shadowrun Returns, right?

Right?

Hm, I like that there are item rewards for crafting this time but am not happy that the game they're from is random. Will probably just dump my cards on the marketplace so I can buy more games.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Just finished Blood Dragon. My. God.

I'm conflicted now, I want more of this awesomeness, but I also want it to be unique.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I believe they said that for Pre-orders, getting Cards won't apply since you can get a refund on Pre-orders.

Then they shouldn't be advertising the $20 sale price in the Steam Winter sale page, then. Because I assumed it was going to be part of that promo.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Once someone crafts the "unparalleled" level of items, the price of globe cards will likely go down unless it's like... Bill's Hat or something.

TGMIII

(4 hours later)

Still nada.

Pre-Purchase games don't count towards the money spent to receive cards since you can refund pre-purchased games before the launch date.

Ezra2680

I won't double dip on Metal Gear as I have it on 360 and all but I may just buy it for my best pal for christmas. Looks like the deal is only for 2 days though (at steam anyways). I wish I can hold a game in my inventory until christmas but I guess he'll get it a bit early. :)

..lol..I just got a Mini Motor Racing booster card..wtf..that came outta nowhere.

You can hold the game in your inventory, just purchase it as a gift and one of the options is to store it in your inventory.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Weird, I went to respond to a trade offer and Steam just closed on me. Now I can't seem to get it to connect online any more.

This badge thing is driving me crazy. How do I craft a game badge? My badge page says I've never collected a single card. I just always sell them whenever I get a card. Am I supposed to keep them until I have all the cards for a game and THEN craft a badge? I am so fucked.

Thanks for the great year SteamGAF. Here's to a new OS and controller!

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Jet Set Radio -- MB-D590E9473130B668 - Taken by DasFool. 91 entrants total.
Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition -- MB-AC8B136279CC6535 - Taken by Cozmogramma. 52 entrants total.

t1387578064z1.png

derExperte

This badge thing is driving me crazy. How do I craft a game badge? My badge page says I've never collected a single card. I just always sell them whenever I get a card. Am I supposed to keep them until I have all the cards for a game and THEN craft a badge? I am so fucked.

Well of course you have to have the cards. Why would anyone buy them otherwise? And after getting all the drops of a game you need to trade or buy the rest.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

Just vote in the community votes. You can probably get a full set by the end of the sale.

Logistic

Batman: AO will be $20 later on Amazon.

It can also be had for $20 now, on GMG. Use code: GMG20-ZB5D1-93X49

GMG will provide a steam key - I just activated, no problems other than the 26 gig size :/

Can someone give me the 411 on the lost planet games? Under five bucks each for 1 and 2 seems like a square deal and I feel like people like those games (or they wouldn't have made 3 of em) but the metacritic is mid 60's for each one. Help. And thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom