• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annubis

I just noticed that if I sell one more card, I can buy Hate Plus at the current price (still hoping for 50% flash/daily though)

God I love cards.

Alex

Does anyone have anything to say about Gnomoria? I've never actually touched Dwarf Fortress as it's always seemed completely beyond me, but I'm interested.

Oooh remember me for $10, that's another tempting deal. I expect it to be a thoroughly mediocre and forgettable game though.
You won't like it. Uncharted style linearity with simple combat and platforming. World was well realized and begging to be explored, voice acting is inconsistent. I thought it had fantastic art and was a decent base for future endeavours though.

Derrick01

Banned
You won't like it. Uncharted style linearity with simple combat and platforming. World was well realized and begging to be explored, voice acting is inconsistent. I thought it had fantastic art and was a decent base for future endeavours though.

I remember before it came out thinking that it was trying to mix horrible uncharted platforming with a much simpler (and really janky) take on Batman's combat and the level design looked incredibly linear and cramped. But this steam sale is sucking and I really want to buy something! :lol

I remember before it came out thinking that it was trying to mix horrible uncharted platforming with a much simpler (and really janky) take on Batman's combat and the level design looked incredibly linear and cramped. But this steam sale is sucking and I really want to buy something! :lol

Well, put it this way -- is it worth paying $10 so you can play it and proceed to bitch about it on GAF? ;)

--

Fuck. I forgot to vote on the last community choice. :|

Hubb

So I can't buy Rome 2 DLC without owning the base game. This is probably a sign that I shouldn't ever buy it. I wont be caving on the base game because I know my brother got it for me for Christmas.

Knurek

Steam seems to love anime games (Agarest, anyone?), so there's high probability LLTQ will win (as it should).

RoTT bought, 80% is the new 75%?

Euro Truck Sim 2+DLC 75% off on GMG. Someone (Coupons?) sell the game to me.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Picking up Sid Meier’s Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies on GMG for $0.80 after coupon and it includes $0.10 credit. Pretty damn cheap.

Yeah, I got both Ace Patrol games for $0.80 each off GMG today. I haven't played a Sid Meier's game yet that I haven't enjoyed.

Derrick01

Banned
what exactly is the State of Decay DLC?

sounds like multiplayer

From what I understand it's an endless sandbox survival mode without the story stuff. Once you clear the map out of supplies you can "move on" to the next map, which is the same map but I think it replaces everything randomly.

So I can't buy Rome 2 DLC without owning the base game. This is probably a sign that I shouldn't ever buy it. I wont be caving on the base game because I know my brother got it for me for Christmas.

You could probably gift the DLC into your inventory, for when you get the game. I believe that works.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Endless campaign mode, because if you play the regular game, it just ends at some point.

wait what...I was about to pull the trigger but it just ends at some point? is this like a Dark Matter situation? o_O

Derrick01

Banned
Euro Truck Sim 2+DLC 75% off on GMG. Someone (Coupons?) sell the game to me.

You get to drive a truck around Europe with semi-realistic traffic laws and you get to use an awesome internet radio feature that plays real music. It's something that should feel like a chore but it's surprisingly relaxing.

If you want you can also break off and start your own company and do some decent management stuff too but when I last played it that wasn't the most in depth feature. The meat of the game is the driving.

yuraya

Man that Mass Effect trilogy for Origin is tempting. But I only want ME2 plus I don't care for Origin.

Do you guys think ME2 will be a steam daily/flash? also how long will this amazon deal last?

bender

What time is it?

Don't do it.

Alex

wait what...I was about to pull the trigger but it just ends at some point? is this like a Dark Matter situation? o_O

It's a campaign based game at the base level, and when it's done it is done. Breakdown adds in a structured and tuned sandbox/endless mode along with some other quirks.

I don't think the DLC is on sale, so you could just buy the base game and if you get hooked then the DLC is very worth it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
State of Decay looks interesting enough.

Yeah, I Still want to grab the games again on my current machine, but that was a really big turn off. Guess I'll bite when they release the definitive GOTY trilogy.

How does one buy DLC from ME anyway? Not even Steam page has the DLC selection.

Shepard

Man that Mass Effect trilogy for Origin is tempting. But I only want ME2 plus I don't care for Origin.

Do you guys think ME2 will be a steam daily/flash? also how long will this amazon deal last?

Until Dec 26th. Well, almost all of the previous sales had ME2 as a daily or flash, so, chances are it will be featured again.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Remember Me on GMG for $10 felt like a deal !

Enjoying this Steam Holiday a ton - hoping I can craft my Snow Globe badge soon.
I'm really tempted, but I have to choose between buying games and saving for a motorbike. Right now, I think the latter is winning :/

DaveOshry

FYI you CAN gift a ROTT 4-pack out of region. Here's how!

http://steamcommunity.com/app/217140/discussions/0/846965882725907409/

Be sure to join us in chat and for our weekend MP events!

MERRY LUDICHRISTMAS from the Rise of the Triad team!

BuYDaYN.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom