• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

Which of the three of the community do you want me to vote for?
Long Live the Queen.

But I expect this outcome:
DD093A70FD54871DDF08F77693C09A332DCAC3D9

Goldenhen

Nothing interesting to buy on daily deals today. I voted for Kentucky Route Zero and I hope Super Hexagon doesn't win because it already has 80% off.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
WELP, I have to buy Gnomoria for $2.00. It may still be in Early Access but I know I can get my $2 worth of entertainment out of it, by a longshot. Dwarf Fortress Light here I come!

Anustart

Can't believe the hate on hexagon! Dropping from 59 cents to 30 just about puts it in impulse buy territory. Me though, I will wait til summer and hope for 15 cents. Stay strong!

LLTQ is definitely not an RPG in the traditional sense. You basically pick what she is going to 'study' each week, which raises some of your numerous stats. Then each week something happens and it checks whether your stats are high enough to 'pass' it using various means, or if you fail. Then, at some point in most playthroughs, you fail a very important test, and die in some horrible manner. So yeah, it's closer to a visual novel than anything else. There's a number of story beats that happen in every single playthrough, but depending on your choices things can go off in a number of surreal directions, from engaging in a magical duel for the fate of your kingdom, to taking an arrow in the gut on the way to a kids birthday party.

Caerith

I was checking the Page's Stores for all the Community Choices games:

I have no idea what's going on...!

Long Live the Queen is a game where you have to survive 40 weeks until your coronation-- preferably with your kingdom still intact. You study things like dancing, flattery, history, swordplay, and divination, and get various skill checks along the way based on your choices.

The screenshot you posted is trying to deliver a backhanded compliment to the woman trying to seduce the king, and failing.

denx

I voted for LLTQ but truth is I won't buy it even if it wins the community vote. I've been trained by Steam to buy stuff at a minimum of -66%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom