• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

bender

What time is it?
Trials Evolution Gold Edition is $4 at GMG. I remember reading about some problems with the port. Anyone know if they've been fixed?

Going to pickup FEAR for $2.50 at Amazon. Kind of want State of Decay but I think I'll wait for an edition that contains all the DLC.

Pachinko

I can't help but feel like I've finally got all the games I could ever want off of steam for now. Unlike in past years I bought a couple games new this past spring like DMC, Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite.

I ended up buying castlevania for 10.19 yesterday and so far that's it. I'm always told to wait for daily deals but will there actually be one for capcoms stuff ? I have SSF4AC2012 complete and SFXT complete in my hold pile, as well as Injustice and MK , 3 of those games are 50% off , injustice is 25% off (although it's also fairly new). The last thing on there is Metal Gear Rising Revengeance which was 25% off preorder on the first day of sales but I didn't bite, it'll probably come back next week when they do the sales re-do like they have in the past.

LLTQ is definitely not an RPG in the traditional sense. You basically pick what she is going to 'study' each week, which raises some of your numerous stats. Then each week something happens and it checks whether your stats are high enough to 'pass' it using various means, or if you fail. Then, at some point in most playthroughs, you fail a very important test, and die in some horrible manner. So yeah, it's closer to a visual novel than anything else. There's a number of story beats that happen in every single playthrough, but depending on your choices things can go off in a number of surreal directions, from engaging in a magical duel for the fate of your kingdom, to taking an arrow in the gut on the way to a kids birthday party.

Thanks a lot for the explanation, that clears the picture. Now, I am intrigued, maybe I will get it if wins.

Colin.

Super Hexagon is already super cheap as it is. You would have to be really tight to hold out over an extra 10%. Went for LLTQ.

Caerith

All the games are equally good, it's going to be tough to rally around a game
Yeah. Either you vote between three titles nobody cares about, or you vote between three titles everyone cares about.

Still, of the three that are up, LLTQ is a new game and has never been offered for less than -10%. For those who are on the fence, this is the best vote.

Derrick01

Banned
Hmm some of the deals on GMG are tempting. Rome 2 for $24, still a bit pricey considering all of the problems it had but I've heard they've been patching it a lot since it came out. Tempting indeed...

It's nice to see you're a lot more cheerful than usual around the holidays, Derrick!

I'm feeling very joyous and cheery and all that x-mas bullshit right now! No idea what you're talking about :)

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Long Live the Queen is basically like Gainax' (Evangelion people) Princess Maker (We need a PM5 dammit). A lot of the options lead to BAD ENDINGS though, which is kind of a shame really. At least with Princess Maker you can end up with all kinds of occupations for your little princess and be happy with it. With Long Live the Queen however the bad endings did put a damper on me trying to get a remotely good ending :(

1364054432953.png

I read the top review on the the store page and this game sounds amazing. It's like moe Dark Souls. Everything wants you dead.

I just threw it out there. Sorry if it doesn't help you in particular.

Don't worry it'll be on this steam sale sooner or later. Was a flashdeal during the autumn sale and I missed it :(

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space 3 Origin -- MB-1A14FE66AC989C1F
The Showdown Effect -- MB-BC67272957599280
War of the Roses Kingmaker -- MB-05F72E2726FF7489
vRvbDCu.png
The Sims 3 Origin -- MB-202DC66E6BD3C447

t1387916753z1.png

Whoever wins Sims 3, please PM me, I will also be giving you the expansion and DLC to go with it.

Salsa

you guys trying to save $0.75 on Rise of the Triad know there's paypal fees involved in doing a 4-pack, right?

its kinda useless

Cheddahz

Banned
I wonder how long Remember Me is going to be on sale for at GMG, I would just buy it now, but we're opening presents tonight at my house, so I kinda want to wait until then

Fucking Beamdog and their crummy, scummy sale prices. All for a supposed update to a series that just piles on the bugs and adds some utter shit extra content. And these guys think they're worthy of making BG3 too. Ridiculous.

tl;dr DO NOT BUY THE ENHANCED EDITIONS OF THE BALDUR'S GATE GAMES. Unless you like special features such as more bugs and crashes, I guess.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
whats happened to the castle of illusion deal at amazon, wasnt it today?

satori

Ok voted for Queen.

Anyways thinking about pick up Dishonored, Gnomoria,

And on GmG ff7, ducktales, and remember me.

I really freaking shouldn't add more to my damn backlog but I am weak....

Hubb

There is no chance Long Live the Queen wins right? Please steam, there aren't many dailies that I do want, but this is one.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Picking up Sid Meier’s Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies on GMG for $0.80 after coupon and it includes $0.10 credit. Pretty damn cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom