• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Boo can't participate in the state of decay giveaway from my phone, stupid mobile >_<

Dec

I'm not sure if I'm alone in this, but I hope I'm not getting christmas presents (other than socks) from my mother by the time I'm married.

My father died when all my siblings were 10-16 years old and my mother kept all of us together. It really strengthened our relationship, my entire family is extremely close. We all see each other on a daily basis and I wouldn't have it any other way, if you're somehow trying to spin my situation into something negative or pathetic.

KPJZKC

real christmas gift is that the Venezuelan girl I met in Colombia bought a plane ticket to spend a couple weeks with me at the beach next month, in a summer house I could afford thanks to this stupid-ass ridiculously paid job I got for these 2 months

so hey, merry christmas

Congrats Salsa, that sounds like a pretty amazing present alright :D

Now see her turn out to be Irish Romulan in disguise.
Then see JaseC bying a plane ticket to murder you.

Now what the hell is an Irish Romulan? I've never seen any ginger Romulans :p

gngf123

So, people are talking about their christmas now?

Seeing all the giveaways (and being involved in a few of them myself) has lifted my spirits quite a lot. I've had some stuff to put up with lately, with some fairly bad injuries and unidentified health problems. Some really good christmas spirit on here. Watching other people give away games, as well as giving away and receiving some of them myself will be my present this year.

Like people have said, the weather here in London is crap lately. Any luck it picks up and everyone here (and everywhere else) has a good day. Time for a drink.

Salsa

My father died when all my siblings were 10-16 years old and my mother kept all of us together. It really strengthened our relationship, my entire family is extremely close. We all see each other on a daily basis and I wouldn't have it any other way, if you're somehow trying to spin my situation into something negative or pathetic.

well I feel bad for joking now

I'm 20 and I'm getting to continue going to school next semester

that's pretty darn sweet if you ask me

KPJZKC

To be honest I didn't actually see the age part of your post, my bad :s
I am used to people get married at much older ages :s

Person who first quotes me will get the copy of Mark of the Ninja I won.

I don't think I deserve it anymore. (Please be honest if you already own it don't qoite me)

Well, I've gotten a bunch of games here from some cool people, so that's more than enough gifts for me. Even though I'll be celebrating Christmas in a couple of weeks, I wish a Merry Christmas to everyone celebrating right now. :)

EDIT:
Yay, I'm a full member now! It's a Christmas mirracle! Love you GAF. :)

Freezard

Someone here said System Shock 2 was one of the best games ever, sorry but I can't continue playing the game. I just want to play a god damn FPS game and they keep telling me to pause the game and press super-tiny boxes with my mouse, manage my inventory and drag this item here and there, bring up your PDA and listen to shit and also be sure to change the controls cause the default ones are really weird. Nothing wrong with the environment, pretty much like HL1 but uglier, but the enemies are all blocky and crap; of course you get scared when you see a guy with a square shaped head just appear out of nowhere without any background story.

A larger HUD wouldn't have hurt, but there's still too much RPG for my taste, mixing the genre with an FPS is a no-no for me (can't stand Deus Ex either).

Is State of Decay even good?

Also, who else types ridiculous modbot pm titles?

Can't participate in anything because I'm a poor lurker :p I read the thread a lot, but 5 posts in a thread like this would feel like spamming for me.
salsa has like 300 posts here. dat spam just to be top poster

Kaper

Another giveaway:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

FTL -- MB-6AEA6CCBB91B24A4 - Taken by freakk5. 8 entrants total.

t1387932729z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
how come? you just need to send a pm

I can't copy the code and I don't think I cba writing it down somewhere lol. Hmm could log in in the work computer, but I fear it's security (well lack of)

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
that's pretty darn sweet if you ask me

It absolutely is and I'm incredibly thankful.

My mom keeps saying she feels bad she "didn't get me anything" and I keep telling her I couldn't be more grateful for what she's doing for me and she got me the best thing she possibly could.

I got a new monitor. Nothing special but a huge improvement over my 8 year old blurry mess of a monitor.

Now if I could just get the color right on the thing.

Wynnebeck

Banned
I'm 24 and I get a few things every other Christmas. My biggest gift this year is being able to see my grandfather one last time before he passes away. Doesn't get better than that.

Turfster

Someone here said System Shock 2 was one of the best games ever, sorry but I can't continue playing the game.
A larger HUD wouldn't have hurt, but there's still too much RPG for my taste, mixing the genre with an FPS is a no-no for me (can't stand Deus Ex either).

You are dead to me.
(But seriously, if it's not your cup of tea, it's not your cup of tea.)

I feel it's worth mentioning there's about a day and a half left in this Indie Royale bundle, http://www.indieroyale.com/, you can get Pixel Junk Monsters Ultimate and Fester Mudd Episode one along with a couple of other games for less than they cost individually on Steam, even with the sale going on.

Some of my modbot pms:

Get Lucky feat. Modbot
How the ModBot stole Christmas
The Modbot Supremacy
is stump reading this. (actually I think I never sent this one)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
ARGH! Only missing #3 for the Snowglobe crafting badge.

Volvo plz. ;_;

Sgt.Pepper said:
is stump reading this. (actually I think I never sent this one

He totally is. I've been thinking of sending modbot a title of "penis" but Stump probably programmed it to auto-ban on that. :(

kafiend

Someone here said System Shock 2 was one of the best games ever, sorry but I can't continue playing the game. I just want to play a god damn FPS game and they keep telling me to pause the game and press super-tiny boxes with my mouse, manage my inventory and drag this item here and there, bring up your PDA and listen to shit and also be sure to change the controls cause the default ones are really weird. Nothing wrong with the environment, pretty much like HL1 but uglier, but the enemies are all blocky and crap; of course you get scared when you see a guy with a square shaped head just appear out of nowhere without any background story.

You can scale the hud. Think you can do it either direct in a .ini to scale it to modern resolutions or via a mod. It;s been a while since i played it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom