• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Now I can put a name on JaseC's avatar :O. What is she famous from?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1519680/#actress

Edit: Atonement got her an Oscar nom (and she should have been nominated again for The Lovely Bones but that's neither here nor there), however it released back in 2007 and she only occupies the first half or so of the film. Hanna (2011) is probably her most popular film in terms of where people recognise her from.

feel

I'm happy for having a table full of different sweets and desserts during Christmas. I would gladly share it with any GAFfer that may be not so lucky. It's all using local recipes too. :)

ghq29eFl.jpg
Malassadas in a steam thread on gaf, awesome.

Hope you're having a great time. I'm not religious but my whole Portuguese family here is, so I'm in for a lot of tasty stuff when I meet with them later for their celebrations.

The_Monk

is that "flan" (not sure how to traduce it)?

The above is a Flan Pudding yes, the other below is a Molotof. The little round things are called "dreams" then there's sweet rice on top, a dessert called "Tronco" (tree trunk) and the biscuit cake is the little triangle remaining on the top left side. ;)

Dambrosi

Banned
YES!!! I finally got together enough card money to buy a game with! So I put that mother in my cart and clicked that "Buy" button with the fury of a thousand angry sun gods!!

Real talk: I even caught myself doing a IRL banderas.gif as I did it. Embarrassing.

First order of business should be to get your cousin a better 3DS game than Pokemon.
Yeah, Fire Emblem or Bravely Default ought to do it. Mind you, knowing Derrick... :p

hohoXD123

YES!!! I finally got together enough card money to buy a game with! So I put that mother in my cart and clicked that "Buy" button with the fury of a thousand angry sun gods!!

Real talk: I even caught myself doing a IRL banderas.gif as I did it. Embarrassing.

Did you record it and post it in the Banderas gif thread?

I really liked Heavenly Sword and Enslaved and think Ninja Theory is a great studio, so I'm pretty sure I will like this, too.

You're in for a great ride then ;)

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
So does anyone have any impressions of Rise of Venice? It looks interesting but I don't think I've ever seen an impression on GAF. :)

-MD-

He's 7 you know

I'm not getting him SMT IV or something like that

Specially since it haven't come at europe yet ;_;

7? Is it his first Pokemon game? If so he won't find a better game on 3DS.

Pokemon is some next level shit at age 7.

hohoXD123

Repost, 1 hour left

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

To The Moon -- MB-B791AE4B7A906C14

t1387938400z1.png

Chojka

Merry Merry!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Shadowrun Returns -- MB-93D2C8518CA62A2C - Taken by scorpscarx
Rise of Venice -- MB-31043A6E1B315FD7 - Taken by SalsaShark
Dishonored -- MB-C8E9C66FCE5DCC38 - Taken by Miker

Dambrosi

Banned
Did you record it and post it in the Banderas gif thread?
Unfortunately not, as I only caught myself as I was "in the act", as it were. But hey, my webcam was on, so maybe the NSA can help you out. :p

He's 7 you know

I'm not getting him SMT IV or something like that

Specially since it haven't come at europe yet ;_;
Pokemon X and Y are fine. Maybe Bravely Default and Super Mario 3D Land would be good choices, too?

Back on topic: COME ON YOUR MAJESTY

Ezra2680

Does steam have a limit on purchases in a certain amount of time? I've been gifting games, but now I keep getting an error when I get to the checkout process when using my steam wallet.

Long Live the Queen #believe

All my irl steam friends are going to gift it to each other if it wins lol.

And it was Hexagon.. yeah. I prolly pick up a few copies to gift to friends though.

bakeray

ModBot 3 said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

English Country Tune --- -- MB-517A2D7C218F5DB1
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) ---- -- MB-EE107AAFB197851C
vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise (Origin) ---- -- MB-D8317A21C683F9CE
Capsized --- -- MB-DE90DC394FEB2630 - Taken by Curious_George. 5 entrants total.
Intrusion 2 ---- -- MB-1E0504C94AAF75AD - Taken by maneil99. 5 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
C&C Red Alert 3 (Origin) --- -- MB-F88B54B9756037E5

t1387935744z1.png

Gazoinks

ROTT - yea or nay?

Right! ROTT! So I'm only on the second level, but it's fun. I haven't played the original, but it feels like a fairly faithful remake. It plays like an old-school shooter: Fast movement speed, no cover, groups of enemies that stand around and shoot at you while you try to kill them as fast as possible, maze-like levels, etc. If you like the wacky, energetic design style of that kind of old school shooter, you'll probably like it.

Super Hexagon won. Life is pain.

Eusis

Waiting for the Super Hexagon rage...
Hopefully it'd at least barely win over the others, meaning the 'oh look its 30 cents' crowd and those who legitimately wanted it (and didn't look at the price beforehand) were the tiebreakers rather than the overwhelming majority.

Although Kentucky Route Zero will be a hollow victory for Americans given that Amazon had it on sale anyway.

EDIT: 48 percent. Community votes failed, lets get extra Flash slots now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom