• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
man, I hope this works. I can't afford anything gaming wise for the holidays, but gaf has been kind to me and I've been lucky enough to get a couple of awesome games thanks to the generosity of others on here.

Someone awesome on my friends list sent me the walking dead which I had on my steam wish list as a christmas gift, but as it turned out I already bought it long ago, and forgot to add it to my account (and also remove it from my wish list as well). I figure I might as well take this opportunity to thank gaf for being great and at the same time give someone else a cool game to play with.

Good luck to whomever gets it!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Walking Dead -- MB-87E8BC4DF6247BE1 taken by xBlain. 24 entrants total.

t1387945793z1.png

MrDaravon

I just turned 37, my present is grey hair, the creeping spectre of death, and remembering to buy presents for 6 cats but forgetting to get your parents the next season of Doctor Who

Yup. I turned 33 today, I've been sick as shit so I had to cancel all of our plans, and just as I'm starting to feel better my wife has now gotten it from me and is really sick so our plans tomorrow are also cancelled.

But what really gets me is then the Steam Community votes to save a quarter. WHAT THE FUUUUUUUCK

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I just turned 37, my present is grey hair, the creeping spectre of death, and remembering to buy presents for 6 cats but forgetting to get your parents the next season of Doctor Who

I'm getting close to 33, just two more days now! But still no grey hair, not that it bothers me too much though, such is life!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
:lol

<---grey hair bro since 18, I feel your pain. At first I could play it off as sexy but combined with a slightly receding hairline and now it's just sad.

Modern gaming trends are stressing you out. Find a different hobby. :p

oh quick question, when replying to modbot for a giveaway, do you have to copy and paste the name of the game as well, or is the code good enough?

microtubule

Got a bunch of Origin keys as well:

Dead Space Origin Key
BLA2-H43Y-77TC-YV3R-MZ7G

Crysis 2 Maximum Edition Origin Key
2LQ8-6YQH-M5FT-V43F-W9S7

Dead Space 3 Origin Key
AJ88-YJGD-BRBB-YFYY-ENFY

Medal of Honor Origin Key
5VFX-23AB-ZTSR-QSHX-5RP8

Mirror's Edge Origin Key
CYGY-8W6L-RYA4-J5Y2-3UL8

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising Origin Key
F3CC-PSQS-NLB7-K545-KZLQ

Have fun!

I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dead Space -- MB-36B5A8F42721D537
Mirror's Edge -- MB-EB1A71EAE5393C3B
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition -- MB-62A7047085A025C4
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising -- MB-F6CE910D3C037999
Medal of Honor -- MB-684BE749F88649CE
Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box -- MB-2D06CB6E243DBFC7

t1387944519z1.png

Eusis

People shitting on Super Hexagon? Whaaaaaaaaaaaa?
It's really more a casualty of just being the weakest value for the vote: some of us (many of us?) had it via a Humble Bundle, and the savings is barely past a quarter, versus the other two games that had far deeper discounts percentage and dollar wise.

Fortunately last I checked Kentucky Route Zero was on sale on Amazon and Long Live the Queen was probably going to lose to one of those two anyway, but it's still absurd.
That really was the best response.

bakeray

I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

English Country Tune --- -- MB-517A2D7C218F5DB1
Dead Space (Origin) ---- -- MB-EE107AAFB197851C
Burnout Paradise (Origin) ---- -- MB-D8317A21C683F9CE
Intrusion 2 ---- -- MB-1E0504C94AAF75AD
C&C Red Alert 3 (Origin) --- -- MB-F88B54B9756037E5

redfirm

Banned
Got a bunch of Origin keys as well:

Dead Space Origin Key
BLA2-H43Y-77TC-YV3R-MZ7G

Crysis 2 Maximum Edition Origin Key
2LQ8-6YQH-M5FT-V43F-W9S7

Dead Space 3 Origin Key
AJ88-YJGD-BRBB-YFYY-ENFY

Medal of Honor Origin Key
5VFX-23AB-ZTSR-QSHX-5RP8

Mirror's Edge Origin Key
CYGY-8W6L-RYA4-J5Y2-3UL8

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising Origin Key
F3CC-PSQS-NLB7-K545-KZLQ

Have fun!

thanks man, i took mirrors edge.

Caerith

Well, even if it is incredibly miserly to vote to save a handful of pennies, they're all good games. And it doesn't affect me that LLtQ didn't win-- I bought it at launch-- but also:

Reposting because holy shit steam community is predictable.

Game is $5 on dev's site: http://www.hanakogames.com/llq.shtml
Put license code into here for steam key: http://nettle.spikycaterpillar.com/

Enjoy your $5 Princess Maker Killer

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BLVM01E/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Get it from there for the same price it would've had if it won the vote? Says Steam DRM on the page.

Oh, and for all the "LLTQ is too girly or pervy" folks, take a close look at the KR0 link that Volcynika posted.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Really? Super Hexagon? 49% of people decided they needed it for 29¢ cheaper?

The Steam community is filled with idiots. Every single time :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom