• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Important question (well important for giveaways... so the MOST important lol) about 4 packs, since I can't buy one if I have the game, if I gift it to my email, would it give me 4 links for the 4 games, for ModBot purposes? I hope I'm explaining that right :/

Haunted

Oh, the GAF santa came to my house tonight.

Thanks for the gift, Nuez! You're an awesome dude.

Merry Christmas, everyone. :)

Caerith

Sadly, this will be the case. People seem to be blindly voting on the lowest price, without actually looking at the store pages for the games at all.
That's the problem with democracy, really. We need El Presidente to step in and tell us what games to buy.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 42 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Numen Contest of Heroes -- MB-90BEA09DB8180ABD - Taken by Haunted
UFO Afterlight -- MB-482951329B6054F6
Conquest of the Americas Gold -- MB-23A936CA5D9668D1 - Taken by Diedac
Shattered Haven -- MB-0E4A3CCAF1EE717C - Taken by SalsaShark
Tower Wars #2 -- MB-9CACA858ABEBB280
Saira -- MB-D6D3B20715FAF8D9
NecrovisioN -- MB-09DE743EF2399178 - Taken by Lonewolf_92
Jamestown -- MB-D4784A084D1652BF
The Polynomial -- MB-E0A37E58F00EDA47 - Taken by EmmanuelMunoz
Lunar Flight -- MB-BCDF83B00095D12E - Taken by Aitor
XIII Century Gold Edition -- MB-1F3DCB3DF32ADEE0 - Taken by belucheez
Anomaly Warzone Earth -- MB-022D284A1FC7947B - Taken by jmizzal
Greed Black Border -- MB-D23FB18E6A175A1A - Taken by dinopoke
The Tiny Bang Story -- MB-E78256BA73383B2C - Taken by Relax.MX
Velvet Assassin -- MB-6AF77A8E5EF290E1 - Taken by freakk5
MacGriffin's Curse -- MB-420A4F8A57041563
eXceed Gun Bullet Children -- MB-D57375B6CAD7CE39 - Taken by Baust
Hamilton's Great Adventure Plus DLC -- MB-986D304469B2F0F9 - Taken by Camel Master
NecrovisioN Lost Company -- MB-62E55CE42A39025C - Taken by gwynplaine
Starwolves 3 -- MB-32FD34B3E11ABC52
Project Aftermath -- MB-A1D9F36934AAFE3E - Taken by bobnowhere
MenofWar Condemned Heroes -- MB-D1E51FF72D474F21
Death to Spies Gold -- MB-16681FA97FA099DC
Sanctum -- MB-F4258EE0C352E64A - Taken by fspm
Red orchestra Ostfront 41-45 -- MB-EE1201C637B3F569 - Taken by legacyzero
Reign Conflict of Nations -- MB-E3EED2BC3BCF627C
Depths of Peril -- MB-E6AE11FCA58C396A
Hydrophobia -- MB-A53875CF5FAA34D3 - Taken by akskiller
Commandos 3 -- MB-4D55AAC23469D0B3 - Taken by VikasNarula
Hammerfight -- MB-1E148CFA296C2C19 - Taken by Jignx
Sword and Soldier HD -- MB-55D725513FAF8707 - Taken by BigAT
Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-67B714EEB8474635 - Taken by ArynCrinn
The Void -- MB-E0678670826E81FD - Taken by Ryne
Dear Esther -- MB-DD30E3C5922C58C6 - Taken by Fracas
Men of War Red Tide -- MB-2AF1170DC6405C49
Pid -- MB-D74EBC5EAA6AEBBF - Taken by Pestilence11
BEEP -- MB-437A18592C5A9297 - Taken by scorpscarx
Greed Corp -- MB-A7AF73DC3C3C8FAC
Vessel -- MB-6EA7C45D5D04D925 - Taken by Cobaiye
SpaceChem -- MB-124EA40957D40F56 - Taken by ChaoticEko
Really Big Sky -- MB-A99D52E32D998200 - Taken by StAidan
Tower Wars -- MB-6F0454DE1C9981EF - Taken by EmergentFocus

Enjoy, more incoming.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Important question (well important for giveaways... so the MOST important lol) about 4 packs, since I can't buy one if I have the game, if I gift it to my email, would it give me 4 links for the 4 games, for ModBot purposes? I hope I'm explaining that right :/

You can't buy four-packs as gifts, either, but there is around around this, however the pack will be a single inventory item until it's activated by somebody, at which point one copy will be tied to their account and three spares will appear -- there's no other way to split a four-pack.

Piano

Banned
So, there I was, purchasing copies of Super Hexagon for a bunch of my friends when I got hit with this error:
There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

I don't think it's an issue with my card because it won't let me proceed with PayPal either. I already submitted a support ticket but am aghast at the idea that I won't be able to buy anything for the next few days because they're probably out of the office.

Any ideas or experience? This was all through my browser so I don't think deleting the .blob file will do anything.

edit: is there any way to know if getting Steam Wallet cards for the next few days will bypass this error?

Bebpo

Banned
Which trackmania 2 is the best one? I loved the original Trackmania but have stayed away from this one due to splitting it up. I figure at this price I'll give one of the 3 locations a try.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You can't buy four-packs as gifts, either, but there is around around this, however the pack will be a single inventory item until it's activated by somebody, at which point one copy will be tied to their account and three spares will appear -- there's no other way to split a four-pack.

That's what I feared, if I want to gift a 4pack I need to trust the first person will then gift the other 3 to the correct people... Hmph I say sir, Hmph!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Super Hexagon is a scheme by Terry in which you pay to simply get ready for this and this.

Another beautiful level in Open Hexagon, beautifully designed and amazing music - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIwpz3KOhGU

Can't forget about the Fusion level either - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc1VTYSEzgI

So yeah, forget paying even chips for Super, Open is a far more balanced and superior game and it's totally free. Plus, this game was actually specially calibrated for keyboard/controller users rather than Super which stemmed from iOS.
Hmm, does this run at 120hz?

Caerith

So, there I was, purchasing copies of Super Hexagon for a bunch of my friends when I got hit with this error:

I don't think it's an issue with my card because it won't let me proceed with PayPal either. I already submitted a support ticket but am aghast at the idea that I won't be able to buy anything for the next few days because they're probably out of the office.

Any ideas or experience? This was all through my browser so I don't think deleting the .blob file will do anything.
It's not a problem on your end, so spare the .blob. When you buy lots of games, especially, when you are buying them as gifts, it raises a flag that maybe your account has been hacked and the perpetrator is using it to drain your funds by buying gifts for people, and this puts a hold on your purchases.

I don't know how to get that hold to go away. I've always submitted tickets for it, and gotten back useless "delete .blob" advice, but it does go away. Probably when someone reviews it for fraud prevention.

Sorry that doesn't help any.

Piano

Banned
It's not a problem on your end, so spare the .blob. When you buy lots of games, especially, when you are buying them as gifts, it raises a flag that maybe your account has been hacked and the perpetrator is using it to drain your funds by buying gifts for people, and this puts a hold on your purchases.

I don't know how to get that hold to go away. I've always submitted tickets for it, and gotten back useless "delete .blob" advice, but it does go away. Probably when someone reviews it for fraud prevention.

Sorry that doesn't help any.

God dammit.

Any idea if I'll be able to make purchases using my Wallet?
I guess I'll try adding money to it.

edit: nope.
Shit.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Jack and coke buddy, cheers!

beers-cheers-bar-drinks.jpg

And the smokers out there ;)

I could use that right now.

Salsa

Super Hexagon is a scheme by Terry in which you pay to simply get ready for this and this.

Another beautiful level in Open Hexagon, beautifully designed and amazing music - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIwpz3KOhGU

Can't forget about the Fusion level either - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc1VTYSEzgI

So yeah, forget paying even chips for Super, Open is a far more balanced and superior game and it's totally free. Plus, this game was actually specially calibrated for keyboard/controller users rather than Super which stemmed from iOS.

how in the flying FUCK did I not know about this

Super Hexagon is my 2012 GOTY after Dishonored

jesus, this is a christmas miracle

Wensih

Sigh....

My wishlist is still

Risk of rain (didn't bite on the daily)
Steamworld dig
Nuclear throne (developers told me it won't be on sale for awhile)
MirrorMoon EP (community didn't vote for it)

Finished Asura's Wrath (PS3) the other day, that was a weird ass game lol. For a game that had little gameplay, the framerate sucked a lot though. Speaking of which, we need more Capcom sales on steam on the next sale change, Gaben pls.

Thanks! Camel Master

No worries, pleasure's on my side. Need to share some Hexagon love. Bought 4 copies to my irl friends too, challenging them to beat my times ^^

Derrick01

Banned
has anyone played LEGO Marvel Super Heroes?
how's the co-op?

Thinking if I should get the WiiU version instead... hmm

I played it on PS4 but not co-op. If you've played any lego games before you can expect the same but outside of missions there's an open world full of a variety of things to do and "puzzles" to solve to unlock new characters and gold bricks. It has surprisingly decent production values compared to the other lego games and there's a nice amount of characters that do different things.

Rhaknar

Is the story mode in Injustice as long as the one in MK (and with the same cut scenes and whatnot), if so I might pick it up for 20 at GMG

Caerith

God dammit.

Any idea if I'll be able to make purchases using my Wallet?
I guess I'll try adding money to it.

edit: nope.
Shit.
Yeah, you can't do anything when you buy a suspicious number of gifts in short succession. I appreciate that it's for your protection, but it doesn't suck any less when you lock yourself out.

You submitted a ticket? Just wait it out, maybe half an hour or so? It's never lasted too long when I got locked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom