• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
They should do the votes like gog

bgy9E9j.png

Dr Dogg

What the actual hell. FTL won the first community vote. Game is like a vote magnet every time it appears.

Really wanted to get Shadowrun tonight but looks like I'm waiting.

It's about as botched as the old pre purchase reward tier. Christ remember those? Defiance at 10% all the way up to release day them BAM! Tier 3 Unlocked.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Huh.

So cards I put on the Steam Market like more than a month ago finally sold recently. I figured I'd have to take down everything and re-list it at lower price for it to sell at this point, and I definitely didn't think stuff would sell better during the sale than before or afterwards.

This digital economy thing is bananas.

Dingotech

I'm trying to behave these sales, PS4 and games was a bit of coin to be spending at this time of the year.

Definitely interested in Papers Please, Risk of Rain, and State of Decay.

Any decent sales on those and I will whip out the wallet.

Vibranium

Banned
Why didn't I buy Infinite earlier....

Damn what a game!

Glad you're enjoying it. Stick to lower diffculties and it's a somewhat ok shooter, though Bio 1 and 2 are way better in that department. The story and universe of Bioshock makes me want an action-adventure game or RPG though.

My 2013 Steam Hit List:
Typing of the Dead + DLC (Waiting for daily)
CS: GO
Ballpoint Universe

DayZ
BL2 XMAS DLC
Scribblenauts Unmasked
Dishonored + DLC
Blood Dragon
You Don't Know Jack! Movies
You Don't Know Jack! Television
You Don't Know Jack! 1 + 2 + 3

Possibly some software

Gifts:
Dust (hoping it on goes on daily)
Costume Quest
CS: GO

other misc. GAF gifts

Okay, guys, how the hell did FTL win the CC?

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Wait...does certain level of items will drops for certain level of badge crafted? Or just a chance to drop?
Chance to drop.The person who posted apparently isn't an insider and was just making assumptions.

This makes sense because Steam Card Exchange has graphics for levels one and two of the foil badge, and AFAIK (yes I'm making an assumption, but at least it's a more educated one) there's no way for that site to know what any of the badges look like until somebody makes them. So if bdzz was right and you were guaranteed an Unparalleled for making a foil, at least one of them would have been uncovered already.

I feel like I've made a huge financial mistake splurging on first day
Tiny Thief wasn't a bad pickup at this juncture if you intend to play it soon. There's no way it's going lower during this sale.

As for the rest...well, at least you'll have more cards to forge.

Omega

Banned
vote for FTL, which if I'm not mistaken has been 2.49 when it goes on sale most of the time, but this time it's 3.40 instead of Shadowrun, which hasn't gotten a 55% discount yet.

ok steam community, good job

Dingotech

Damn I was hoping Shadowrun might win, it looks super interesting.

Also was going to buy a few copies of Dust for people, hopefully it gets a daily or flash deal!

Chance to drop.The person who posted apparently isn't an insider and was just making assumptions.

This makes sense because Steam Card Exchange has graphics for levels one and two of the foil badge, and AFAIK (yes I'm making an assumption, but at least it's a more educated one) there's no way for that site to know what any of the badges look like until somebody makes them. So if bdzz was right and you were guaranteed an Unparalleled for making a foil, at least one of them would have been uncovered already.

Tiny Thief wasn't a bad pickup at this juncture if you intend to play it soon. There's no way it's going lower during this sale.

As for the rest...well, at least you'll have more cards to forge.

Okay I've seen a few mention of cards on this thread and the checkout page.
Is there a guide to look up what they actually do?

Dr Dogg

Whoa, is it me or did the cards went up in value?

All cards are across the board.

People are buying cards to craft badges to get festive cards to sell on the market to buy cards to craft badges to get festive cards to sell so they can buy....

You get the idea. I've sold my lot that had been sat there for weeks.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
FTL was definitely cheaper before as I gifted it a few times. Community votes are full of wonderful stupidity.

But yeah, if you don't have it somehow it's a must play.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Does this actually work? It would be nice to have the same achievements I got on consoles.

Works great for idling cards. However, there have been instances where using to unlock achievements have resulted in a vac ban. Use at your own risk.

wilflare

I slept thru the first past of the sale :/
what did I miss?

how many Community Choices have there been? :/

damn PC why are you down (MBP now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom