• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I finish installing Dead Island GOTY. All I got is a Black Screen...
Tried running it with Windows XP and Vista compatibility settings and nothing. The integrity always says failed so I guess I'll delete the whole thing and reinstall the game. T_T

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Do you want to spend 100$ to get the rest of the foils for nothing more than a shinier badge?
Ha, this makes me kinda sad. You're right, there's virtually no chance to forge a foil badge by simply trading cards instead of buying them since they'll only be live for such a short time.

Grief.exe

Been playing Day Z all day. Great so far. Gotta get a gaming headset, something that will fit my big head then I'm all set.

Rule of thumb, never buy headsets, let alone ones branded as 'gaming.'

You will get much better audio quality and build quality all for a cheaper price if you grab headphones and a standalone mic.

What's your price range?

-GJ-

So now Stanley Parable is finally available for Mac and I don't have the money for it...

:'(...

It'll be on sale again the last day, right?
Right? :'(...

Oublieux

You will get much better audio quality and build quality all for a cheaper price if you grab headphones and a standalone mic.

What's your price range?

This, the only downside I can see is that most audio-centric headsets do not use mic's as insinuated here. Personally, I just pop on my Beyerdynamics and use my webcam mic--completely serviceable.

Turfster

You also get a drop for one of the free to play games on steam.

If you get the Dota or TF2 legendaries you could probably sell it for a very pretty penny, yes over $100 dollars possibly.

Yes, but you get those with a normal badge too.
He was asking about the difference between normal and foil.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!

What's your price range?

$100ish or so. I do have some Audio Technica ATH-A700X Headphones that I really like, maybe just get a better mic.

Grief.exe

$100ish or so. I do have some Audio Technica ATH-A700X Headphones that I really like, maybe just get a better mic.

You have AD700's and you are talking about getting a headset?!?!?!!?

ihR7Ngz5lPLsK.png

Just get a better mic, I've had great success with the Logitech mics, I'm currently using a Blue Snowball.

kurahador

Arghh...5 randomly chosen items for a foil badge is so not worth buying foil cards.

Better craft other games badges and hope for a foil.

EdmondD

Who is the gaffer that developed Dust? I'm almost finished with it and really enjoyed it. The combat was excellent. They did a great job. Should have got rid of that flying squirrel though.

Oh wait, the lurker status thing probably includes the between-sales thread, huh? For some reason I thought because I'd posted a decent amount in the fall sale, I was exempt.

Dr Dogg

If you want the headset "experience" just get a decent set of cans and a mod mic. Way better sound stage, not made out of shit easily breakable plastics and will probably cost you less.

Paying 100$ for a minuscule chance at something that's worth maybe more than 100$ is bad financial planning =p

I don't disagree at all!

Just sayin' if he really wanted to gamble.

Oh, so that's how it works. But why doesn't the official FAQ say nothing about that? It reads like the badge level doesn't matter.

Valve wrote it so it's incomplete and the community has to fill it in with specifics.

derExperte

So cards drop in f2p games based on the cash you've spent in game? I'm confused by all this. Why would I buy stuff to get cards?

Yes but that has nothing to do with the new globe cards. And you don't spend money to get cards, you spend money because you want the stuff in the game, the cards are only a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom