• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
So cards drop in f2p games based on the cash you've spent in game? I'm confused by all this. Why would I buy stuff to get cards?

Because otherwise people would make a 1000 accounts (and then some) and get 1000 sets of cards from f2p games.

There has to be some sort of barrier to the drops.

Village

I don't really want much, I kinda just want pac man or DMC3 to go on sale.

Maybe something will interest me when a price drops.

But I am content at the momento

Prophane33

But I am content at the memento

QFT. I really want Pac Man. Other than that just looking out for some DLC I don't have. Everything else I want that's pretty recent will be just out of reach budget-wise.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Eh, 5 drops, and a chance at a derpy hat isn't that good, and I don't play Ember Spirit at all.

But thanks for the info, in any case. Did not know the bit about the level difference.

rrs

If you want the headset "experience" just get a decent set of cans and a mod mic. Way better sound stage, not made out of shit easily breakable plastics and will probably cost you less.

Most of the better brands make some good headsets, I got a Sennheiser PC350 myself.

Dr Dogg

Most of the better brands make some good headsets, I got a Sennheiser PC350 myself.

Oh sure I'm not saying there aren't any reasonable headsets in existence but a pair of Sens 350's are what? $200+? You can get a pair of Beyer DT990's and a mod mic and have change left over and a way better set up.

Damnit Gabe. Damn you.

fetalpositioncry.gif

I just got paid my holiday leave in advance ($4k-ish) and completely lost my mind.
Just picked up
  • Rise of the Triad
  • Ducktales Remastered
  • FEZ
  • La Mulana
  • Starbound
  • Tiny Thief
  • Just Cause bundle (yesterdays one)

I feel like I've made a huge financial mistake splurging on first day

Grief.exe

But I am content at the momento

Grab the dual pick of DMC3 and 4 for $7.50 right now http://store.steampowered.com/sub/18732/ that is the lowest it has ever been.

I can personally vouch for widescreen and xinput patches work perfectly on DMC3, taking out the issues that made it a poor port in the first place.

Damnit Gabe. Damn you.

fetalpositioncry.gif

I just got paid my holiday leave in advance ($4k-ish) and completely lost my mind.
Just picked up
  • Rise of the Triad
  • Ducktales Remastered
  • FEZ
  • La Mulana
  • Starbound
  • Tiny Thief

Wait for those dailies.

catabarez

Damnit Gabe. Damn you.

fetalpositioncry.gif

Just picked up
  • Rise of the Triad
  • Ducktales Remastered
  • FEZ
  • La Mulana
  • Starbound
  • Tiny Thief

Come on man. Some of that stuff is gonna get cheaper

Come on man. Some of that stuff is gonna get cheaper

God I know right? I realised that AFTER I went on a checkout spree. Huge mistake.
Luckily they weren't CRAZY expensive.

Sidenote, anyone thinking that Skyrim will go super cheap? A friend and I are waiting on some sort of super deal.

Grab an Amazon or Gamefly code and it should work just fine. Be wary of trading a code through Steam as MGR is brandishing the latest, 'no trade across regions' tag.

From what I understand that just applies to games purchased in Brazil and some Eastern Europe countries because of the cheap prices in those regions.

feel

Hey people stop buying Day Z and CSGO for a sec so MGR can shoot up to first, we need to secure dat MGSV

Damnit Gabe. Damn you.

fetalpositioncry.gif

Just picked up
  • Rise of the Triad
  • Ducktales Remastered
  • FEZ
  • La Mulana
  • Starbound
  • Tiny Thief

Starbound sale was unlikely, so thanks for buying it and getting it closer to happening.

Omega

Banned
God I know right? I realised that AFTER I went on a checkout spree. Huge mistake.
Luckily they weren't CRAZY expensive.

Sidenote, anyone thinking that Skyrim will go super cheap? A friend and I are waiting on some sort of super deal.

Skyrim will most definitely goes on sale.

Legendary will probably be $20, without the DLC somewhere around $7.50

BiggNife

Hey, does anyone know if Arkham Origins was ever patched or if it's still super buggy?

I really want to play it but I've heard stories of people losing their save files halfway through and I really don't want to deal with something like that

Hey people stop buying Day Z and CSGO for a sec so MGR can shoot up to first, we need to secure dat MGSV

Starbound sale was unlikely, so thanks for buying it and getting it closer to happening.

My wallet pain is your pleasure, you are most welcome.
(*leans off to the side* son of a bitch) haha

Decided on my hit list:
Typing of the Dead + DLC (Waiting for daily)
CS: GO
Ballpoint Universe

DayZ
BL2 XMAS DLC
Scribblenauts Unmasked
Dishonored + DLC
Blood Dragon
You Don't Know Jack! Movies
You Don't Know Jack! Television
You Don't Know Jack! 1 + 2 + 3
Possibly some software

Gifts:
Dust (hoping it on goes on community choice/daily)
Costume Quest
CS: GO
other misc. GAF gifts

I hate you, GAF.

rrs

Oh sure I'm not saying there aren't any reasonable headsets in existence but a pair of Sens 350's are what? $200+? You can get a pair of Beyer DT990's and a mod mic and have change left over and a way better set up.

Got mine for $150 but yeah a mod mic/headphones are a better deal

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Hey, does anyone know if Arkham Origins was ever patched or if it's still super buggy?

I really want to play it but I've heard stories of people losing their save files halfway through and I really don't want to deal with something like that

I'm 15 hours in and haven't had any kind of issues. It's been patched quite a bit.

komorebi

What the actual hell. FTL won the first community vote. Game is like a vote magnet every time it appears.

Really wanted to get Shadowrun tonight but looks like I'm waiting.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What the actual hell. FTL won the first community vote. Game is like a vote magnet every time it appears.

Even with the game's popularity, the fact that it would be the cheapest game of all of the candidates probably had something to do with it as well.

Ouch. I was planning on getting Shadowrun tonight as well. Shouldn't everyone have FTL by now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom