• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was there ever a reason given as to why Alice is so overpriced in Europe ?

WTF. I mean, other countries do pay higher prices sometimes, but that's outrageous. If Alice wins and any of you EU-gaf want the game, you should see if a kind US/other gaffer will purchase it for you, presuming there aren't any stupid region restrictions. I could probably swing a copy or two for paypal.

PS voted for Alice.

dinopoke

How so? Did you try using a fake address?

It won't let you add to the cart if you are using an account based outside the US, I think. I tried the make another account but unfortunately the Paypal account I'm using is already tied to the first account. I don't have a CC.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Monaco and 3 Bit.Trip games acquired

For those people who still have a 10% off coupon for Toki Tori 2, the 10% it takes is off what the sale price already is, so an extra 37 cents or so.

Just a heads up.

Which was why I was hoping Toki Tori 2+ standalone would be 85% off so I can use my 10% off coupon I have in my inventory.

You guys should buy Recettear it's tops.

Recettear may not seem like my cup of tea but I'm inclined to buy only because I want to support Carpe Fulgur for helping bring TitS: SC stateside in 2014.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
For those people who still have a 10% off coupon for Toki Tori 2, the 10% it takes is off what the sale price already is, so an extra 37 cents or so.

Just a heads up.
atomsk
Party Pooper

So I guess that's why I'm seeing Toki Tori at 75% off now? Interesting. For a few minutes there it showed as 85% and I was able to apply the coupon. I ended up not checking out because the bundle is cheaper (and I already own the game anyway).

EDIT: WAIT, math. It showed as 85% on the store, but the dollar amount in my cart didn't match. Misleading. I'm too tired for this stuff.

Big-E

I wanted cheap Shadowrun as well.

The Community vote is the worst part of these sales. Doesn't matter if a game has been on sale for more before or if the sale isn't even that great, the most popular game wins every time. No one votes for the benefit of the group.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
You have AD700's and you are talking about getting a headset?!?!?!!?

ihR7Ngz5lPLsK.png

Just get a better mic, I've had great success with the Logitech mics, I'm currently using a Blue Snowball.

Cools thanks for the advice

Eternia

Which was why I was hoping Toki Tori 2+ standalone would be 85% off so I can use my 10% off coupon I have in my inventory.

Recettear may not seem like my cup of tea but I'm inclined to buy only because I want to support Carpe Fulgur for helping bring TitS: SC stateside in 2014.
Or buy TitS when it comes out to fund the sequel! Or extra gifts if you were going to buy it already. That way, your efforts would go towards the cause you actually wanted to contribute to.

Parsnip

You should all vote for Alice so I can get some fine US person to gift it to me.
Outrageous EU prices, pff.

edit: oh you are already voting for it, steamgaf is the best gaf.

WTF. I mean, other countries do pay higher prices sometimes, but that's outrageous. If Alice wins and any of you EU-gaf want the game, you should see if a kind US/other gaffer will purchase it for you, presuming there aren't any stupid region restrictions. I could probably swing a copy or two for paypal.

PS voted for Alice.

It's not all of EU GAF, just Eurozone GAF. The Uk price is fantastic, cheaper than the US at £15 full price, and £3.75 at full sale price.

If you already have Electronic Super Joy it got some DLC yesterday, which is normally $6.99 but is only 70 cents right now. Might want to pick it up.

-GJ-

That Alice deal... It's almost 71% cheaper in the US compared to the EU store.

vrHvXfU.png

edit: Not entirely accurate, since it shows 50% off when you click the game, but 75% off on the frontpage. But still. That's a huge price difference.

Or buy TitS when it comes out to fund the sequel! Or extra gifts if you were going to buy it already. That way, your efforts would go towards the cause you actually wanted to contribute to.

Oh I'm definitely planning to get FC when it comes out for Steam and getting SC on Steam and PSP.

atomsk

Party Pooper
atomsk
Party Pooper

So I guess that's why I'm seeing Toki Tori at 75% off now? Interesting. For a few minutes there it showed as 85% and I was able to apply the coupon. I ended up not checking out because the bundle is cheaper (and I already own the game anyway).

EDIT: WAIT, math. It showed as 85% on the store, but the dollar amount in my cart didn't match. Misleading. I'm too tired for this stuff.

I was also hoping Steam would just magically add up the percentages, but alas it was not to be.

-Deimos

It won't let you add to the cart if you are using an account based outside the US, I think. I tried the make another account but unfortunately the Paypal account I'm using is already tied to the first account. I don't have a CC.

You should be able to change your address or use your paypal email with another account. Does the site automatically check your country?

Derrick01

Banned
Shame on you guys for not picking shadowrun and picking something mediocre instead.

Oh well I probably wasn't going to buy it at that price anyway. Just bought Europa Universalis 4 on Amazon, time to cram 50 hours into that before our GOTY voting period is up.

smr00

Banned
The Community vote is the worst part of these sales. Doesn't matter if a game has been on sale for more before or if the sale isn't even that great, the most popular game wins every time. No one votes for the benefit of the group.
X game could be on the big daily at 75% off and the same game can be on the flash sale for 65% at the exact same moment and some fucking how X game will still win.

FACE

Banned
Shame on you guys for not picking shadowrun and picking something mediocre instead.

Oh well I probably wasn't going to buy it at that price anyway. Just bought Europa Universalis 4 on Amazon, time to cram 50 hours into that before our GOTY voting period is up.

Good stuff :)

rrs

Most of us in the thread did pick it or Dust

Dr Dogg

Apparently not in this case. I bought the bundle (already owning Toki Tori 2+) and I didn't get an extra copy. Too bad, wanted to give it away.

You only get extras of Toki Tori, Rush and Edge.

Really? It doesn't say it anywhere in the extra copies article. I own Toki Tori. So, I should get an extra copy if I buy it as a gift?

Yep I just got Toki Tori and Rush added to my inventory. Unless I'm special that is.

Damaniel

Banned
Apparently not in this case. I bought the bundle (already owning Toki Tori 2+) and I didn't get an extra copy. Too bad, wanted to give it away.

You only get extras of Toki Tori, Rush and Edge.

Makes sense - Toki Tori 2+ was one of the two I didn't already have, so I didn't know that particular game wasn't giftable. I was just shocked that *any* of the games were giftable - Steam bundles don't usually offer the option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom