• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrs

So is there no way to get the Pure DLC for my Steam copy of Mirror's Edge?
:(

Origin only, sadly.

Rogue legacy for 7.50$ should I bite?

iQUuqIEuipOTf.gif

iQUuqIEuipOTf.gif

Arkham City suffered the same problem of the Spiderman 3 movie.

too many villains.

terrible contrivances and shoddy writing plagued Spider-Man 3. That just so happens to be the same problems City had

Origins has much, much better story/narrative/writing/Batman-acting than AC. some aspects of the gameplay are less polished and balanced though.

Salsa

the achievement manager is weird

sometimes it just goes offline/off-game

and when it does work, it doesnt drop anything for hours but then it'll drop like 4 cards at once, as opposed to one every now and then like steam does if you just launch a bunch of games

traveler

Not Wario

too many villains.

Arkham City's issue, for me, wasn't villains, but that its sprawling city wasn't as fun to explore as Asylum's more focused levels were fun to clear. Of course, I tend to pretty much always side against open world games for that very reason and City did have some nice sectioned off "dungeon" like areas that were fun, but not quite up to Asylum's quality I felt. I also seem to remember the game being more focused on the basic, although fun, combat rather than the gadget oriented stealth of the first, which I preferred. Lastly, I enjoyed the boss battles of the first better, including the Croc fight- especially the Croc fight. The only fight I even liked in City was Mr. Freeze, which is- granted- the best fight in either of them.

Derrick01

Banned
I found this way too funny. Keep living the dream Derrick.

Livin it every day bro.

too many villains.

At least they picked villains I've heard of unlike Origins lol. Both games do kind of struggle with having too many though so most only get a few minutes of screen time and they're gone. City's main problem was a mostly useless open world and really, reeeeally bad side quests. Thankfully I was really in to the Riddler stuff (which unfortunately is not well done in Origins) so the world served enough purpose for me. Not to mention gliding around as the goddamn batman and dropping in on a group of 20 guys was and still is amazing.

The_Monk

the achievement manager is weird

sometimes it just goes offline/off-game

and when it does work, it doesnt drop anything for hours but then it'll drop like 4 cards at once, as opposed to one every now and then like steam does if you just launch a bunch of games

This means you are getting VAC-BANNED very soon.

dinopoke

You should be able to change your address or use your paypal email with another account. Does the site automatically check your country?

Yeah, if you try and add it without a proxy you get the error "Region Restriction on Cart Add' even if you aren't logged in. I was able to get it into the cart using a proxy but it wouldn't let me use the Paypal account as I get the error "Sorry, this PayPal account is already in use by another GameFly account." That might be because my Paypal account uses the same email as my first Gamefly account.

KuroNeeko

Well I *was* going to buy Dust or ShadowRun when I got home from work...

edit: Community Choice deals are a like a popularity contest. You should be voting for the game you want, not the game you like. :/
I mean, who doesn't have FTL already?

What are the chances of starbound getting a deal?

Pretty low? It's not even out of beta yet and it's still selling really well.

If you're interested in it, like those kinds of games, and are looking for something to play then just GET IT! If you can wait, then you probably should.

rtcn63

This should be an automated reply by Modbot when the phrase "should I bite?" and such for games not on daily/flash are posted.

I agree with the concept, but modbot ain't got time for that. Someone needs to be handing out Bad Rats to the naughty gaffers.

Wensih

Waiting for deals on:

Papers Please
Nuclear Throne
Mirror Moon EP
Risk of Rain
SteamWorld Dig

I'd be happy if I can get these for 50-75% off.

derExperte

My plan to grab cheap cards during the sale to finish some badges is crumbling, prices are only going up. I guess the strategy from here on out will be to buy cards during the smaller sales and keep them for the two big ones.

Dead Island

Yay or Nay?

Help me out..

Yay, the first few hours are solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom