• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tehalemi

WF3pn1o.gif

Holiday Steam Badge! You will be mine!!! D:<

DasFool

Goddamn Valve, I hurried my ass off to get the $ for Season Pass and, typically, it changes back as soon as I return.

GOD DAMN IT.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Is Divekick any good? I want to buy it to play with my brother online (or on one computer).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Aaaaaaand season pass is €19,99 now :lol

RedSwirl

There's a $5 deal for Crysis 1 on Amazon right now. I'm trying to get a digital copy of the game because I'm tired of dealing with the disk check on my physical copy and trying to fully patch the game. That's also why I want to get it on Steam. I guess I could get this Amazon copy and register the code on Origin to get the automatic updates too though.

Edit: Seems Origin isn't an option unless their price goes down too (from where it currently is). Looks like Steam is my best chance for an easy patch to the game.

Neiteio

From everything i am seeing it should so long as you meet the other requirement such as ram.

i don't really know a lot about nvidia cards so don't take my word too seriously but i guess it should be ok
if you don't wanna take any risk you could wait till shortly after release, GMG usually has the same discounts as pre orders after a release with a coupon (of course the game needs to be purchasable on gmg, i don't know if they're planning on doing that or not)
It just occurred to me -- my PC runs circles around my PS3, offering superior versions of all multiplat PS3 games. So if my PS3 can play MGRR, then MGRR should work fine on PC, no?

I'm just being overly cautious. I have tons of games and haven't had any issues with any of them. I'll go ahead and get MGRR.

Aretak

Just managed to get in on the £3.99 season pass before it went back up. Wasn't planning on playing the DLC, but I guess I'll have to reinstall now...

I also had phone issues making me miss the season pass. But I'm going to use
My daily allotted Internet outrage on Metal Gear region restrictions instead.

Gbraga

What the hell is going on with Bioshock Infinite's Season Pass? I'm trying to buy it but the price keeps changing.

I think I'll wait on Metal Gear Rising. I don't know if it'll get any cheaper, but I probably won't get around to playing it before the next Steam Sale.

This is so many levels of criminal I don't even know where to start...
Buy it now and play it immediately on January 6th. :p

i don't really know a lot about nvidia cards so don't take my word too seriously but i guess it should be ok
if you don't wanna take any risk you could wait till shortly after release, GMG usually has the same discounts as pre orders after a release with a coupon (of course the game needs to be purchasable on gmg, i don't know if they're planning on doing that or not)

Or...

He could just buy it now and use it as an excuse to get a better video card if it won't run right. ;)

Dammit if I knew it was a mistake, I would've bought BI season pass immediately. =[

Sorry, mate... wish I could help you out... maybe someone in here grabbed some gift copies and can gift it to you?

I thought the mistake was pretty obvious. Burial at Sea Episode 1 was 7.49 on discount. Getting the Season Pass which includes that, Episode 2, and Clash in the Clouds for $5? Yeah, it's a mistake -- it's why I didn't even twitch at dropping the $5 when I saw it was less than the Burial at Sea Ep. 1 price.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Voted for Shadowrun, probably won't grab it at that price but I already have Dust and FTL.

GaussTek

Thanks! I'm working on an updated Firefox version to fix sale homepage highlighting now.

Let's hope Mozilla reviews and approves it before the sale is over. :(

It is possible to download a beta or something just before it gets approved?

Regardless, amazing work with the plugin!

Decado

Right then considering the Snow Globe cards have all changed names (like the Summer ones) I'd expect daily's out of them.

They are now:

• Assassins Creed IV
  • Dota2
  • Outlast
  • Payday 2
  • Warframe
  • Stanley Parable
  • Rogue Legacy
  • Football Manager
  • Surgeon Simulator
  • XCOM

So if you're going to buy any of these and they not a f2p title or a daily, WAIT!!!
What are these snow globe cards? I plan on grabbing Rogue Legacy when it hits -75%.

Lain

Kicking myself over not getting the Bioshock Infinite Season Pass. Really didn't think it was a mistake. Bleh.

LOLDSFAN

Yeah I'm still holding out for a BioShock GOTY edition so I'm not too worried about the pricing error.

Anyway who are we voting for? Shadowrun?

The_Monk

Aaaaaaand season pass is €19,99 now :lol

I clicked just in time and I got a 4.99€ price but I'm still going to check my Bank account to be sure. Put it in the inventory.

Part of me feels strange for this!

Is the Season Pass really good for those that played the bits of it?

meanspartan

WTF I bought the bioshock infinite season pass, it said $5, and now it charged me $20?!

WTF happened?

I guess I'll contact support..,.no way am I losing $20 for this. For $5, its worth it, not $20.

Tizoc

Well I'll vote for Dust since it seems one GAFfer replied.

Working on getting a giveaway made soon.

Neiteio

Oh wow, I didn't realize when I bought the BioShock Infinite Season Pass for $5 that it was a pricing mistake. I guess I saved myself $15, heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom