• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

yatesl

ModBot 3 said:
Instructions:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Just Cause 2 -- MB-9BAC2FA55AA3CE3E - Taken by Scipius
Hitman Blood Money -- MB-AAA1CDF0AE20D500 - Taken by cicero

Here's some left over Square Enix cheer.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Whilst I can appreciate people like crafting badges and others like just selling the cards for a little extra money, I really wish they would bring back the challenges/achievements.

Required actually playing the games.
Not really....

The cards have an expiration date AND the badges have infinite levels. The market can not saturate therefore the cards are unlikely devalue before the end of the sale.
Hmm, I dunno. The cards have already devalued since the beginning of the sale. You can actually see a significant dip from when a big mass of people became eligible for the first voting card and immediately rushed to the market. The number of total items on the market is increasing, indicating that supply still outstrips demand.

(Card) sales will likely slow toward the middle of the (Steam) sale before rising at the end, as any gamblers/badge enthusiasts who actually read the FAQ go for a last-minute forging rush. The big question mark is that since everyone else who actually read the FAQ will be dumping their cards on the market at the same time...will there still be a spike in card value like we saw during the summer sale?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hello. Long time lurker on Gaf (especially this thread), finally managed to get in, just wanted to give a quick hello to everyone... alot of whom I kinda feel like I know already from reading the forum at work so much (graveyard shift is no fun let me tell you). Hopefully I'm not too much of a pain for you guys ^_^ I have a little giveaway to celebrate me getting in, but I would like to test Modbot first to see If I'm doing it correctly. But before I do, I would like to give a quick shoutout to two people who helped me sort my ISP email error problem.

Grief.exe, who I contacted on steam when I didnt know what else to do since I couldnt PM a mod on gaf without being registered. Grief had no reason to accept this friend invite from a random ass on steam (he probably thought it was a beggar lol), but he did it anyway, and had no problems getting me in contact with a mod. This might seem like a little thing, but in this day and age, on the internet of all places, shit like this is quite rare in my experience.

And to the mod that fixed my problem and made it possible for me to be here, Stumpokapow, who again, had no real reason to help me but he did. Very thankful to both, and I will try my best not to be an asshole and ruin it :)

Ok, with that out of the way, here is a steam key, hopefully it works, so I can get the proper giveaway underway.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hydrophobia -- MB-B75204D1DAF06FA7 - Taken by Falifax

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
sBUsVsC.png

IM FUCKING READY. BRING IT ON DAY TWO.

Since Dishonored is a Daily, is there a chance of Dishonored GOTY being a daily, or should I just hop on the deal

Wait for pricing error on GOTY version :D

zkylon

zkylewd
I honestly don't see the appeal of Alice. It has meh platforming which only pines on looking good.
Just like the Rayman games
well it's a pleasure to look at

sometimes people just want that

I'd play it on easy tbh because combat and platforming isn't terrible but there's just so much padding it gets really boring really fast

Anteater

Hello. Long time lurker on Gaf (especially this thread), finally managed to get in, just wanted to give a quick hello to everyone... alot of whom I kinda feel like I know already from reading the forum at work so much (graveyard shift is no fun let me tell you). Hopefully I'm not too much of a pain for you guys ^_^ I have a little giveaway to celebrate me getting in, but I would like to test Modbot first to see If I'm doing it correctly. But before I do, I would like to give a quick shoutout to two people who helped me sort my ISP email error problem.

Grief.exe, who I contacted on steam when I didnt know what else to do since I couldnt PM a mod on gaf without being registered. Grief had no reason to accept this friend invite from a random ass on steam (he probably thought it was a beggar lol), but he did it anyway, and had no problems getting me in contact with a mod. This might seem like a little thing, but in this day and age, on the internet of all places, shit like this is quite rare in my experience.

And to the mod that fixed my problem and made it possible for me to be here, Stumpokapow, who again, had no real reason to help me but he did. Very thankful to both, and I will try my best not to be an asshole and ruin it :)

Ok, with that out of the way, here is a steam key, hopefully it works, so I can get the proper giveaway underway.

welcome to gaf!

liezryou

What exactly are cards and badges and why do people seem to want them?

You sir should read the FAQ, cards and badges have been around since a little bit before the summer sale o_O.

tl;dr version

You play games with cards, you get cards at random intervals. Once you get a full set of cards you can make a badge with it. When you make a badge you get 100 steam exp, a profile background, a steam emoticon, and now a snowglobe card.

The snowglobe cards work the same way, except when you craft one you also get one of the random f2p game items (the extremely rare ones being worth hundreds of dollars).

Jawmuncher

Welcome to SteamGAF enjoy your stay. Pretty good entry with the description and the giveaway attached. I think you'll be fitting right now.

pahamrick

sBUsVsC.png

IM FUCKING READY. BRING IT ON DAY TWO.

Since Dishonored is a Daily, is there a chance of Dishonored GOTY being a daily, or should I just hop on the deal
GOTY version already discounted down to $13ish, doubt you'll see the price any lower / any price mistakes.

The_Monk

Hello. Long time lurker on Gaf (especially this thread), finally managed to get in, just wanted to give a quick hello to everyone.

Welcome fellow GAFfer! Have fun in this fine Community. ;)

---

I see more people picking up Aliens CM? Good, good, muahahaha.

Remember peeps, sometimes the deals start with a lower discount then get fixed up. Don't freak out too quickly!!(and sometimes the opposite)

Who am I kidding, people will always freak out.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh man thank you for Hydrophobia! Always wanted to play this since the XBLA release.

Oh and welcome :)

so the giveaway worked? Thats all I need to know before I open the floodgates :)

also thanks for the warm welcome guys

Chronoja

Not really....

Hmm, I dunno. The cards have already devalued since the beginning of the sale. You can actually see a significant dip from when a big mass of people became eligible for the first voting card and immediately rushed to the market. The number of total items on the market is increasing, indicating that supply still outstrips demand.

(Card) sales will likely slow toward the middle of the (Steam) sale before rising at the end, as any gamblers/badge enthusiasts who actually read the FAQ go for a last-minute forging rush. The big question mark is that since everyone else who actually read the FAQ will be dumping their cards on the market at the same time...will there still be a spike in card value like we saw during the summer sale?

Aye. I should have been a bit more accurate. I agree they'll probably fall in price over time but I don't foresee a situation where they'll drop to the levels of the steam summer sale cards is all. The timed rarity of them means they'll always have a agency "value" to them unlike the relatively devalued summer cards.

Who knows though, these things can be a tad unpredictable at times :p

You sir should read the FAQ, cards and badges have been around since a little bit before the summer sale o_O.

tl;dr version

You play games with cards, you get cards at random intervals. Once you get a full set of cards you can make a badge with it. When you make a badge you get 100 steam exp, a profile background, a steam emoticon, and now a snowglobe card.

The snowglobe cards work the same way, except when you craft one you also get one of the random f2p game items (the extremely rare ones being worth hundreds of dollars).
Oh, I apologize. I'm new to Steam and should have done some research myself. So Gaffers don't really care for cards and their rewards and therefore sell them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom