• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is Metal Gear Rising over at Nuuvem region locked?

Theoretically, since Konami won't hand out keys for a few more weeks, it could add region-locked subs to the registry in the meantime, but more likely is that if this were its intent then these subs would already exist.

liezryou

Theoretically, since Konami won't hand out keys for a few more weeks, it could add region-locked subs to the registry in the meantime, but more likely is that if this were its intent then these subs would already exist.

Possibly, i feel like since they added the no trading restriction on steam, region locking keys is a sure thing.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I wonder if those snow globe cards show what could come next.

Possibly, since #6 is The Stanley Parable which is one of today's daily deals. But there are only 10 cards and there will be 15 sets of daily deals.

However, it's a pretty safe bet that each of the games featured in Snow Globes will be a daily deal. Again, this is speculation, but it makes sense.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Oh man I want to see someone take that to 100.
Me too. I've been keeping an eye out on the Steam Card Exchange page just to see what the new graphics for the levels look like, haha.

When they got to 15 I was like, "Yep, okay, they made art for ten levels. People can keep getting XP but that's as far as the appearance goes." Then level 20 showed up, and then level 30...now I'm guessing new art will show up until level 100. We've been at 30-39 since last night, I'm sad that level 40 hasn't shown up already!

Don't wanna be that guy, but I might have missed it. Was Super House of the Dead Ninjas a flash/daily yet? I mean, it's only $3.49...
Nope, not yet.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Possibly, i feel like since they added the no trading restriction on steam, region locking keys is a sure thing.

On the flipside, it stands to reason that since Konami took the time to add a new flag to the store sub then it would have also region-locked the key sub were that the plan. As I implied, though, there's no way to be sure until keys have been handed out.

Fox318

If ModBot asked for your phone number you wouldn't complain

:D

jkHAmdQ.gif

CHusson91

Banned
I figure this is probably the best place to ask; I have a lot of Steam games on my MacBook Air, but obviously not a lot of hard drive space. I received some Christmas money early and would like to purchase an external hard drive to store and play my games off of. Problem is, I can't find anywhere online that explains how to do this.

Does anyone have any idea? Thanks! :)

Lain

Only 1 person answered my Magicka question, though it didn't look to me like he/she plays it right now.
So here's a raffle for an Alpha Key for Wizard Wars, because I have no friend friend that would play it to give the key to.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Magicka: Wizard Wars (Alpha Key) -- MB-A099E9F79AB82F26

t1387568843z1.png

liezryou

On the flipside, it stands to reason that since Konami took the time to add a new flag to the store sub then it would have also region-locked the key sub were that the plan. As I implied, though, there's no way to be sure until keys have been handed out.

True x2 xD.

Deques

Seems like to be risky to pre-order something that's not certain :/

Possibly, since #6 is The Stanley Parable which is one of today's daily deals. But there are only 10 cards and there will be 15 sets of daily deals.

However, it's a pretty safe bet that each of the games featured in Snow Globes will be a daily deal. Again, this is speculation, but it makes sense.

That's how it was for summer, I think its pretty safe to assume it'll be the same here.

Giveme that AssCreed daily for 75% off

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Throwing Little Inferno out to the wild. It's a fun little game, really enjoyable.

ModBot 3 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Little Inferno -- MB-71F4F0FBF2BFA518 - Taken by CHusson91

derExperte

I know, I'm Brazilian.

My point is that I believe everybody knows the exchange rate of their currency to USD, because we're always aware of pricing in USD of everything we buy digitally. At least we do in Brazil.

I currently know the approximate value of USD, GBP, BRL and RUB in Euro without having to consult a converter. Only have to check when Origin has some cheap deal in Mexico or South Korea.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Speaking of which, how is that game? Debating whether to pick it up.
Weird>Interesting>Funny>Completed, restart>Still funny>Completed, restart>This will get old fast>Completed, restart>This is....quite brilliant>Complete a couple more times, love it.
That's my experience with the game. Great voice-over.
It's weird, phylosophical and a really funny parody on game design and it's audience.

VALUE MONETARY to MONETARY will do any conversion.

For instance:

34 BRL to USD
24 USD to EURO
45 Pounds to BRL

so on and so forth.

I like how it does this for measurments also. It is great when you bring up Google Now and just say "60cm to inches" and it does it right away.

I *finally* got a foil last night -- for prime defenders -- thank you indiegala or whatever bundle I just bought to give me that. Sold it for $6.75 in my pocket -- didn't think it would move, but my Steam Wallet balance is now back up to a sizeable chunk. I love having it that way for quick splurges on DLC and stuff that people point out for ridiculously cheap.

Reckoner

Alice Madness Returns for 12.49. What do you guys think? Is there a chance of it going lower or even be a good deal for that price?

liezryou

It has a pretty neat demo you can check out :)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/221910/

Eh don't have the bandwidth for demos, I'll probably just pickup the game >.<.

Weird>Interesting>Funny>Completed, restart>Still funny>Completed, restart>This will get old fast>Completed, restart>This is....quite brilliant>Complete a couple more times, love it.
That's my experience with the game. Great voice-over.
It's weird, phylosophical and a really funny parody on game design and it's audience.

Interesting; I think i shall get it.

Danj

Will the bug in Enhanced Steam ever get fixed where when you click on a marketable inventory item it sometimes says "Lowest price: Sold!"? Presumably you could just detect if the text you scraped says "Sold" and then retry your scrape?

Grief.exe

Speaking of foils, I got one for Planetside 2 last night. I was excited since it is a f2p game so the value is probably higher.

I go to check the value, all of the foils are marketed well over $3...except the one I got.

Some jack ass undercut the price by $2 and the market collapsed...now 5 or 6 guys have followed suit

iblwWktjDkxZum.gif

Whilst I can appreciate people like crafting badges and others like just selling the cards for a little extra money, I really wish they would bring back the challenges/achievements.

Required actually playing the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom