• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Daily offers:
- Crysis 2
- Chivalry
- FEZ
- TS 2014
- Nether
- Omerta
- Far Cry 3
- ?
- ?

Flash sales:
- Divine Dragon
- Project zomboid
- ?

Could anyone tell me what are the games i can't see please ? I really hate region restrictions...

Flash sale is EVE

Dailies are Total War Shogun 2 and Final Fantasy 7

Daily offers:
- Crysis 2
- Chivalry
- FEZ
- TS 2014
- Nether
- Omerta
- Far Cry 3
- ?
- ?

Flash sales:
- Divine Dragon
- Project zomboid
- ?

Could anyone tell me what are the games i can't see please ? I really hate region restrictions...

If I'm reading it correctly...

Daily Offers:
- Final Fantasy VII
- Total War Shogun 2

Flash Sales:
- Eve Online
- Music Creator 6

graywolf323

some good deals but I already have everything I'm interested in

wish Project Zomboid had gone <$10, I tried the demo and it seems interesting just not at that price

DukeBobby

Daily offers:
- Crysis 2
- Chivalry
- FEZ
- TS 2014
- Nether
- Omerta
- Far Cry 3
- ?
- ?

Flash sales:
- Divine Dragon
- Project zomboid
- ?

Daily: Final Fantasy VII and Total War Shogun 2
Flash: EVE Online and Music Creator 6

EDIT: Bah, beaten.

smr00

Banned
So Omerta.. I hear that it's either shit or mediocre but i love the mob setting so worth $10? wait and buy it off another site when it's cheaper?

kudoboi

Daily offers:
- Crysis 2
- Chivalry
- FEZ
- TS 2014
- Nether
- Omerta
- Far Cry 3
- ?
- ?

Flash sales:
- Divine Dragon
- Project zomboid
- ?

shogun 2, final fantasy VII for daily
music creator 6 and eve online for flash

edit: beaten.. damn ninjas :(

Are the problems people have with Train Simulator 2014 because it hasn't changed much from previous versions, or is it actually worse? I've never played one of these games before and I'm fascinated by the cult following.

KarmaCow

Risk of Rain is definitely worth it. It probably has the most tenuous links to Rogue-like games in that it doesn't have fully randomized layouts and the items aren't as varied in terms of usefulness (or turn based combat/movement) but it still scratches a similar itch. It's more comparable to Binding of Isaac than traditional Rogue-like games.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Guys, Final Fantasy VII for $4 is straight up legit. It's been (slightly) cheaper before but still very much worth it at this price.

I miss those too. That was also the last time a steam sale was impressive from a price point of view.

Those sales were good at making me buy random low priced games. "Oh, I can get tickets from that and it's only $3? Sure."

--

Hopefully Risk of Rain wins out, per the "lowest price will win" theory... It'll be $0.66 cents cheaper than it was on Humble Store yesterday, but I'm okay with that -- I voted for it to win so you all can buy it. :)

Smash88

Banned
Are there any good deals on Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon out there or the main game? $10's a decent price but it could be better.

It released a month ago, I'd say 33% off is pretty good.

It was $3.50 on uplay which activated on steam a week ago.

Also Project Zomboid is mine! I know it won't drop lower due to alpha access so it's a good price for a game I've been following.

Hopefully someone knows. Is Final Fantasy VIII(8) -33% due to VII(7) being a daily or was it always -33%? Decides whether I buy it now or the last day.

Khronico

How is project zomboid? The summary sounds amazing but a lot of games have great detail lists that end up being shitty in the game itself. Then of course you have to include the early access thing...ugh.

I played the very early builds of it when it first came out and it seemed pretty good. Because of the.... incident that happened in the development cycle early on, I do not know if everything from the earlier builds is back in, but from what I played, all of the bullet points on the store page are accurate to the actual gameplay.

Also, I really hope NEO Scavenger goes on sale.

Derrick01

Banned
I'm very tempted to get it and I know I will but it will be much more later on because right now with the games I have yet to play I can't sink with that price.

My advice is for you to check some decent stream from anyone so you could have a better idea. But I already like the concept way before its appearance on Steam.

I think I'm just going to wait for it to leave early access, I have a pretty strict no beta rule I like to stick to unless the game is already feature complete. Plus Dead State may actually release sometime next year! (Probably not though).

Now I'm looking at Dragon Commander and that's starting to look pretty enticing...and pricey.

Seanspeed

Banned
Any musicians here have any knowledge of Music Creator? It looks *somewhat* interesting and it seems to be a Cakewalk-based software, so it pretty good? I would basically need something that I can record guitar tracks on and layer on some electronic drums and bass on top of it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hopefully someone knows. Is Final Fantasy VIII(8) -33% due to VII(7) being a daily or was it always -33%? Decides whether I buy it now or the last day.

Yes it's currently $8.03, it's lowest price yet.

Nzyme32

Is the square enix account so bad in FFVII / FFVIII that I should be avoiding them, or should I be fine basing my money throwing skills on the games' prowess alone?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I love that people hate Phil Fish for being an asshole but then act like an asshole towards him. Fez is a fantastic game, a treat for the eyes and the ears, and you're only doing yourself a disservice by not picking it up at that amazing price. It's a good game.

Glad Hard Reset won, might be picking that one up. Voted for Risk of Rain because it looks awesome, hope that comes out on top!

Krakn3Dfx

Sorry Phil Fish, not even at $2.49. Choke on it.

Really? Fez is amazing, time to get over it.

crymeariver.gif

Donax

Neo Member
Thanks all for your answers !

I don't get why those games are not available for people in japan. Almost all square enix games are region restricted and not available on steam. No wonder that japanese people don't play much on PC if they can't have access to all games on steam...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom