• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faabulous

Magic 8 Ball said this :
attachment.php

In 2 million years is still not "never" mate.

Xdrive05

Goddamnit. It's only day 2 and I've already dropped about $50. WTF!?

Divekick
Dishonored
Walking Dead S2
Far Cry 3
FEZ
Hard Reset

I'll be selling blood by Christmas at this rate.

Coen

First time giving away a key. Hope this works:

Modbot 2 said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Borderlands 2 -- MB-0C566C559D3190FD - Taken by crazyrabbits

Tagyhag

Goddamnit. It's only day 2 and I've already dropped about $50. WTF!?

Divekick
Dishonored
Walking Dead S2
Far Cry 3
FEZ
Hard Reset

I'll be selling blood by Christmas at this rate.
The feel of not having all the games already, cherish it while you can!

Zia

Renaud could make them if he wanted, don't know why he doesn't.

Maybe there's little incentive? Don't know what his stake in Polytron is at this point. Based on how Fez runs on my computer, I'm guessing he's not touching the PC version anymore. : (

On an unrelated note, I took at a peek at Twitter to see if he'd said anything about the Fez sale and found this Vine of Nathan and the crew at Capy typically hard at work on Below and Super Time Force: https://vine.co/v/h0Tal5XQDjX.

: p

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Obama is from Japan confirmed. All those people thinking Kenya were dead wrong.

From the DLC description:

It is, by the way, a complete coincidence that the 44th President of the United States has the same name as this domain.

:)

mug

Dead Island Riptide any good? I played through and enjoyed most of the first one until my GOD DAMN save file became corrupt...

zkylon

zkylewd
0.o

DLC for the Fall of the Samurai expansion for Shogun 2.

lol

It is, by the way, a complete coincidence that the 44th President of the United States has the same name as this domain.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/201274/

still pretty fucking funny

The Obama Faction Pack adds a new playable faction to Total War: SHOGUN 2 - Fall of the Samurai for use in single or multiplayer Campaign modes and Custom and Multiplayer Battles With long experience of government and administration, the authoritarian people of Obama are unsurpassed in controlling people and trade.

Enco

As with all Creative Assembly games they take about a year after release to be fixed and fully functional. Never buy Total War games day 1 unless you are prepared for what is essentially a game in alpha stage.

Also, DayZ will not have a sale. I'll bet on it.
Considering it was released a few days ago, it's almost guaranteed not to have a sale

Seanspeed

Banned
yes, 3 is much better than 2.
Depends. They're actually fairly different. 2 is a more immersive, ambitious game with a unique setting. 3 is like a watered down version of FC2, set in a generic tropical setting, plus Assassin's Creed influences. And a bow.

Divius

Steam servers are so slow during the sale :( downloading Just Cause 2 takes so long. Averaging below 1MB/s while I could be getting 20MB/s

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Does Final Fantasy VII hold up if I've never played it? Not a huge fan of the FF games but I can enjoy a good JRPG

And yes, everyone vote for Risk of Rain. I have 23 hours logged into that game and am still going strong, it's amazing.

Derrick01

Banned
yes, 3 is much better than 2.

No it's not. It's a super streamlined and casualized Ubisoft open world game full of the same problems that plague every recent Ubisoft open world game. As in there's no point in doing anything but the story missions because everything else is a chore.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cogs -- MB-D91B781257595B02 - Taken by VikasNarula. 1 entrants total.
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-BECC2C3E1FC1F52B - Taken by Jmanunknown. 1 entrants total.
Walking Mars -- MB-912CA048536F4212 - Taken by Cheddahz. 2 entrants total.
Zen Bound 2 -- MB-5327D74DBCE23A2E - Taken by Camel Master. 4 entrants total.
Avadon -- MB-A7E8674093746863 - Taken by someguyinahat. 5 entrants total.
Swords and Soldiers -- MB-940829D30FDF23B8 - Taken by zerokoolpsx. 2 entrants total.

t1387565288z1.png

derExperte

I don't mind if it's the same, I enjoyed the gameplay. I'm just hoping they fixed the buggyness of the game and the crashes.

They fixed nothing, when I said 'exactly the same' I meant 'exactly the same'. :) It's a quick and lazy cashgrab, I'm glad I played it during the free weekend.

zkylon

zkylewd
Does Final Fantasy VII hold up if I've never played it? Not a huge fan of the FF games but I can enjoy a good JRPG.
yes

characters look really goofy but the music's still great, the backgrounds are still great, the combat is your usual turn based jrpg flair and the story is cheesy but it has a lot of lovable characters and awesome moments and if you just go at it with enjoying it as your goal you'll make it

just don't expect the best game ever, that's shooting yourself in the foot for no reason

FloatOn

Chivalry is the best multiplayer game I've played this generation. Buy it without hesitation.

also don't skimp out on the deadliest warrior expansion. it's fantastic

Owensboro

Does Final Fantasy VII hold up if I've never played it? Not a huge fan of the FF games but I can enjoy a good JRPG

And yes, everyone vote for Risk of Rain. I have 23 hours logged into that game and am still going strong, it's amazing.

It is just that, a good JRPG. Ignore what people say about the graphics and dive in, it's fantastic.

yes

characters look really goofy but the music's still great, the backgrounds are still great, the combat is your usual turn based jrpg flair and the story is cheesy but it has a lot of lovable characters and awesome moments and if you just go at it with enjoying it as your goal you'll make it

just don't expect the best game ever, that's shooting yourself in the foot for no reason

What they said. It's a good JRPG with a fun battle system (Materia), just get ready for serious JRPGness and the standard Squaresoft slightly confusing story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom