• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2013: DIE HARDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is the square enix account so bad in FFVII / FFVIII that I should be avoiding them, or should I be fine basing my money throwing skills on the games' prowess alone?

The account is kind of annoying to sign up for at first, but once you've set it up once it works with both games and the launcher won't ever ask you to sign in again. Fairly painless as far as DRM goes.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Last I knew, Godus and Castle Story were pretty seriously undercooked. Vote Risk of Rain y'all. (Not that I think I need to say this as I'm pretty sure it'll win anyway...)

Aye. I should have been a bit more accurate. I agree they'll probably fall in price over time but I don't foresee a situation where they'll drop to the levels of the steam summer sale cards is all. The timed rarity of them means they'll always have a agency "value" to them unlike the relatively devalued summer cards.

Who knows though, these things can be a tad unpredictable at times :p
I understand. That's not an unreasonable guess, either. We will see if it bears out!

Chronoja

A question for those about Risk of Rain. I'm aware that it's somewhat well received but the enemies are infinitely spawning aren't they? does that mechanic work or does it feel like "false difficulty"?

The_Monk

Now I'm looking at Dragon Commander and that's starting to look pretty enticing...and pricey.

I've heard quite the positive feedback of the game and I believe it's worth the money, it's just up to you and your wallet or if you have the desire to play right this moment.

Shambles

Just beware if you're picking up the Bit Trip games and planning on playing them through your HTPC your TV or receiver or HDMI can cause horrific latency that makes it unplayable. At least it does on mine :( (Onkyo 605 + Some crappy old Sony rear projection LCD)

smr00

Banned
Really? Fez is amazing, time to get over it.

crymeariver.gif
As much as i dislike Phil Fish for numerous reasons i can't lie and say Fez isn't amazing or that Phil isn't extremely gifted. Fez is wroth full retail so passing up on it because you may not like how he acts in public is your loss, not his.

Interested in Far Cry 3 but how is the Uplay integration?
As much as i joke about UPlay it's not that bad. I usually wait till i can get through steam and play through uplay over just buying off uplay but it's not bad, nor is Origin.

GAF runs wild with the hyperbole.

RS4-

A question for those about Risk of Rain. I'm aware that it's somewhat well received but the enemies are infinitely spawning aren't they? does that mechanic work or does it feel like "false difficulty"?

They only spawn until you kill the boss. So you could artificially make the game difficult by spending far too long farming enemies for money but it'll be pointless since there's a random and limited amount of chests/items in the stage.

Unless you have particular items that spawn chests or make enemies drop items when you kill them.

The_Monk

Last I knew, Godus and Castle Story were pretty seriously undercooked. Vote Risk of Rain y'all. (Not that I think I need to say this as I'm pretty sure it'll win anyway...)

Already have my vote. Not sure if it will win. This Community (Steam) surprises me many times.

Arthea

About SHOGUN 2. Does it run on win 8, keep in mind that many TW games don't run for me, launcher freezes or crashes, that's why I'm asking someone playing it. Also how it compares to Rome and Medieval. Never played shogun.

fantomena

Neh. Will wait for a deeper discount on Nether and Divinity: Dragon Commander. 50% off on Divinity is nice, but it will probably get a deeper discount next sale, and I have no rush in playing it.

kAmui-

Weird steam sale so far. Second day and still nothing Im that interested in buying. Might get Miasmata though.

Hows Hard Reset by the way? Worth the 2€ its going for now?

So what Total War Shogun 2 DLC is worth grabbing? I bought it forever ago but couldn't play it much due to a subpar rig and a marathon session of Civ V the other die finally got me the bug to try it out again on the new rig.

Zia

I was hoping Fez would receive Trading Cards today but I guess Phil doesn't want to work on the game anymore. Can't blame him.

Atruvius

Far Cry 3 worth it if you like Crysis 1 and hate Far Cry 2 with a passion?

Probably yes. It doesn't have the frustrating stuff from Far Cry 2 and gives you more freedom in terms of movement with the wingsuit and more open areas. Far Cry 3 is pretty good but I like Far Cry 2 more, Crysis 1 is really damn good too.

Buy Far Cry 3.

Smash88

Banned
As with all Creative Assembly games they take about a year after release to be fixed and fully functional. Never buy Total War games day 1 unless you are prepared for what is essentially a game in alpha stage.

Also, DayZ will not have a sale. I'll bet on it.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Origin:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dead Space -- MB-811461FC88CF4C58
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition -- MB-C2211A401E5DC046 - Taken by snack. 1 entrants total.
Medal of Honor -- MB-89AB0B5E1158D9CA - Taken by gurm3n
Command and Conquer 3 Red Alert -- MB-D647DD7DA062EE69 - Taken by Reckoner. 2 entrants total.
Populous -- MB-89C2CA54765D2818
Mirrors Edge -- MB-2BC7E7E2C4F5E9B4
Burnout Paradise Ultimate -- MB-1B83F0D598464718 - Taken by Shambles. 2 entrants total.

t1387564568z1.png

Steam:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Command and Conquer 3 Red Alert -- MB-EF19D83305F3B7C4 - Taken by schwupp. 3 entrants total.
Burnout Paradise Ultimate Edition -- MB-585599296D68273A - Taken by Nymphae. 3 entrants total.
Medal of Honor -- MB-6AEA6780B340779C
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition -- MB-06A1047CC10AE6A3 - Taken by Boss Doggie. 2 entrants total.

t1387564613z1.png

James93

So what Total War Shogun 2 DLC is worth grabbing? I bought it forever ago but couldn't play it much due to a subpar rig and a marathon session of Civ V the other die finally got me the bug to try it out again on the new rig.

Blood and Gore, Rise of the Samurai, Fall of the Samurai

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Origin:
Steam:

FYI you can submit these to modbot together and just mark the Origin keys as (Origin) and it will even put an Origin icon next to those games. Either way, great giveaway. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom