• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watevaman

Either of the Dishonored DLCs worth it? I enjoyed the main game but never really played it again. I don't know anything about either DLC so I'm not sure how long they are or what kind of replayability they have.

wonder what the actual chances are of the sale being extended are. Probably pretty slim

Either of the Dishonored DLCs worth it? I enjoyed the main game but never really played it again. I don't know anything about either DLC so I'm not sure how long they are or what kind of replayability they have.

Brigmore Witches and Knife of Dunwall are the 'side story' of Daud. The other two can be done without.

ArjanN

Steam been pretty fucked for me all day.

Yeah they're great. And they're a two parter story so get them both.

cicero

No seriously do we actually suspect all the Amazon 2013 choice games will be PC versions? :( please don't be the case.
Why wouldn't they be? Unless another version was a definitive version that was more popular and better selling, and when has that ever happened?

EDIT: Nevermind. You actually had a relevant complaint because your Sony purchase apparently gave you credit for a PC promotion.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

If you are seeking more story, The Knife Of Dunwall and The Brigmore Witches are quite good as they are a side story featuring Duad and help further enrich the lore of the world.

If you are like me and enjoy playing the game for it's combat and abilities, trying to experiment with all that you can do and want to put those to the test, Dunwall City Trials is a fun time with level design specifically made toward that aspect.

I can only recommend those three if you really want to play more of Dishonored however. If you are quite content in never picking it up again because the story wasn't that involving to you nor did the game play really make you wish to replay it's combat again someday, then I would say it's fine to ignore until you do (if ever).

Radio

Those Snow Globe prices are holding steady. I thought they might plummet before the sale ended.

Prices should drop off a cliff in the final minutes since no one wants to get stuck with them and get nothing, and each card has 75,000+ listings that could be relisted. My guess is the market just stops working and everyone flips out over the $0.08 Valve screwed them out of.

Just made my last purchase of these sales. I was a very good boy this year.

Natural Selection II
Pinball FX2 (Star Wars Tables)
Rising Storm
Trials Evolution Gold

AsylumX

Quick question, I got a coupon from a purchase I made in November but I also bought a game on Jan 1st... That purchase qualifies?

BFIB

Hmmm, Amazon has ACII for $8.60 for PC download, but it doesn't appear to be Steam enabled.

Decisions decisions....

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Thoughts on Far Cry 3? I heard heaps of praise when it was released but the hype went down rather quickly. Worth the $7.50?

Worth it for Vaas alone. Gaf seems to be a hate spree with the game, but I thought it was great.

Quick question, I got a coupon from a purchase I made in November but I also bought a game on Jan 1st... That purchase qualifies?

I'm assuming you are talking about Amazon? If so, last qualifying purchases were Dec. 31st.

We know your agenda, but it was PC digital downloads that generated the editor's choice codes in the first place, so its not much of a stretch to assume PC only.

I bought various ps3 digital games during black friday that are eligible for the promotion, I received various emails today. Maybe some consoles games can participate.

The_Monk

I have to wonder how many people did not paid attention and did not saw that these cards will be gone from their inventory pretty soon. A quick look at the Market and you can see that there's so many in there and less than two hours for them to expire.

Grief.exe

I bought various ps3 digital games during black friday that are eligible for the promotion, I received various emails today.

I edited my post to reflect that.

I have to wonder how many people did not paid attention and did not saw that these cards will be gone from their inventory pretty soon. A quick look at the Market and you can see that there's so many in there and less than two hours for them to expire.

90%. People have trouble reading apparently, I don't put much faith into your average gamer's mental capacity lol.

it's probably not helping that a lot of people can't get on the market either. Fortunately I believe I sold all of my extras.

Xanathus

It isn't worth relisting for just 10 cents or less for most people, they're just gonna let it go away.

cicero

I didn't know it was my job as a paying consumer to worry about what Valve engineers do to protect their service from cyber attacks.

What an overblown sense of entitlement you seem to have. As a consumer I expect/demand quality service, but that does not include expecting PERFECT service, something which would ignore acts of God or specific malicious attacks that any digital service is inherently prone to.

nexen

Why doesn't GMG have Saint's Row 4?
I never realized how limited their selection was over there. (at least for NA)

Seriously considering pre-ordering Thi4f 4: The Quad.

Xanathus

Why doesn't GMG have Saint's Row 4?
I never realized how limited their selection was over there. (at least for NA)

Seriously considering pre-ordering Thi4f 4: The Quad.

I'm sure you can get Thi4f way cheaper than any store by buying an AMD code from someone.

Does anyone know how to use the Amazon Digital Games Store $5 credit promotion thing they did?

I'm trying to find a list of games that are eligible but cant tell where they are and how/when the discount will be applied.

wetflame

Pizza Dog

I wonder if anyone will actually try and buy any at the last minute anyway, knowing that they'll vanish shortly after. I guess if you need one or two to complete the badge you might, but there's no way that demand is going to get anywhere near the supply. People will be lucky to sell them for pennies.

Finally got to see my inventory. Turns out it was two Guacamelee cards from last night, and 50% off Crusader Kings II. Um...if anyone wants that coupon, let me know I guess.

Link Man

Banned
Well, dammit. Went to GreenManGaming, ended up buying Septerra Core for $0.83 (voucher and $0.10 credit).

Last purchase, I swear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom