• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasmid

This sale I got skyrim legendary edition, bioshock infinite season pass, Day z, the Stanley parable, civilization, walking dead season 2, Don't starve, crusader kings. Witcher 2 and tomb raider.

Did I miss anything before the sale ends?

Tom_Cody

My Steam says "100 Minutes" so 120 Minutes tops.

I recommend doing a second run to hear the audio commentary.
Thanks guys.
Between one hour and a half and three hours should be more than enough. Try to finish it in one sitting, you won't want to get out of the house once you're immersed.
Yeah, I got that sense as soon as I booted it up to try it out. I want to be able to play through it in one sitting but I want to have some sense going in as to the time commitment I'm in for.

What is this I don't even...

XyxTZsq.png

http://steamcommunity.com/id/bUm805/gamecards/267420

cute
9lHxQLw.png

didamangi

As did I - might have had something to do with the fact that I signed up for the Playfire beta. Would have been nice to have while buying the ME3 deluxe edition, but I'm not complaining.

Oh, that must be it. Forgot about that.

So you guys are buying Valdis right? It's the best metroidvania on steam you know.

Jawmuncher

header_292x136.jpg

Just got an ending in Long Live the Queen. Definitely a fun game and well worth the 5 dollar sale price. My ending was pretty typical so I plan on playing it again later on with a guide just to see exactly what else can happen. It only took me 2 hours but then again I kinda cheated by reloading numerous old saves once I realized what was happening later on and like I said there are numerous different routes to take and things to see.

Zeliard

Market/Community have been the areas of Steam that haven't gone down for me.

Steam Community has been down for me since yesterday. :(

Can't even access the market to sell this final snow globe card I just got from buying Brigmore Witches. I'm being robbed of pennies. Pennies.

Arozay

So were you only able to get items for games you play when crafting the holiday badge? Or was I just lucky to get Dota items twice?

Slyjss

I recommend doing a second run to hear the audio commentary.

I loved the audio commentary, more games should have that option. Valve made a great job with audio commentaries on the Episodes and specially both Portal games. With them I learned a lot about level design, testing, teaching the player how to play... In the Gone Home commentary you can see how much the creators loved their work, I specially appreciated the soundtrack bits.

bonesquad

I didn't care what item I got for crafting the badge, until I found out I'll forever have a Wireframe tab in my inventory now...

derExperte

I loved the audio commentary, more games should have that option. Valve made a great job with audio commentaries on the Episodes and specially both Portal games. With them I learned a lot about level design, testing, teaching the player how to play... In the Gone Home commentary you can see how much the creators loved their work, I specially appreciated the soundtrack bits.

Gunpoint has that too but I didn't buy the edition that includes the commentary (yet).

I'm thinking about taking a flyer on The Stanley Parable, any reviews on it from GAFfers? Worth it for $9? How long is it? My huge backlog be damned!

Yes it's worth it. It's an amazing experience about narrative construction. The game is revolving around the codes of storytelling in videogames to play with you, and this is utterly enjoyable.

It's fairly short, but it mainly depends on how much you'll be willing to discover (you can "finish" it in a matter of minutes if you want).

bonesquad

Delete or sell the item and the tab should go away.

First thing I did was drop the item on the market, but even after it sold the tab remains. Oh well.

I also just learned the best thing to do when stuck in The Swapper is to stop playing. I swear I spent forever last night trying to figure out two rooms, but just now I figured out each in less than a minute. Seemed so obvious, doh.

FloatOn

Cook, Serve, Delicious is INTENSE

also makes me realise I'm a shit typer as I constantly need to look at the keyboard to see if im pressing the right key, which makes me scared of playing Typing of the Dead

but typing of the dead gives you a brand new appreciation for the word "motherfucker"

so worth it for that and those dreamcast nostalgia feels.

Grief.exe

same with Dragon's Dogma. Absolutely great game, but it is a bit too open...

oh well thnx anyway

Why do you taunt us?

I also just learned the best thing to do when stuck in The Swapper is to stop playing. I swear I spent forever last night trying to figure out two rooms, but just now I figured out each in less than a minute. Seemed so obvious, doh.

Jeff on Giantbomb said something like that about another puzzle game. We probably all just need to sleep on things, get a fresh perspective.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
was this Continue?7593870487039850937597358749857648956894689456 game in any bundle? seems like something that would have been in a bundle (video looks awesome)

I really wonder why some of the games related to the encore deals are on sale and some are not. Tomb Raider games are all on sale, as are Saints Row games, and the first Payday. Other Elder Scrolls and Far Cry games are not. Which are the ones I wanted to buy.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's going to be kind of weird to see the same boring ass steam store page again :/

It's always a little jarring. I hope my new features I implemented during the sale work on the regular homepage properly.
Otherwise, new update soon.

Yes it's worth it. It's an amazing experience about narrative construction. The game is revolving around the codes of storytelling in videogames to play with you, and this is utterly enjoyable.

It's fairly short, but it mainly depends on how much you'll be willing to discover (you can "finish" it in a matter of minutes if you want).

Good enough for me, bought! Thank you.

Hanzou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom