• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Apparently some others browse all the threads and don't live almost exclusively here.
I only browse the other threads in an open tab (spawned from this thread lol) when I'm bored.

during sales time, is hard enough to follow this one thread (><)

jediyoshi

Swoot, season pass acquired. The only thing that'd make me feel better is if it was an error and was changed again.

Me too.
Then again, it's 2:30 in the morning on the west coast and I'dimagine someone would have to manually fix the price for it to revert back

Bakphoon

ugh... getting this error
"There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

I got that error too, but i still got an e-mail about my purchase and its in my library... Though i just might have been lucky in that regard. I assume a LOT of people are trying to get it now

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Hey, is the Mark of the Ninja DLC worth it for somebody who already completed the game?

Lain

Contrast is 75% off on GMG.
I'm thinking on grabbing it, since it'll be cheaper than what I'd pay in the January Editor's Choice at Amazon with the 5$ credit. I'm starting to wonder what the hell will I do with all the Amazon 5$ credits this year...

I'm not sure if it is a pricing error again, but I jumped on the Bioshock Infinite Season Pass at $5 while I could. Couldn't pass that up.

Xanathus

That Bioshock Infinite season pass pricing error sure seems to be taking a long time to be fixed... why do I get a feeling that 2K/Steam just pulled a fast one on us?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
If you bought it for yourself and it's in your library, nope. But if you bought it as a gift and stored it in your inventory, yes.

What's the downside from always buying as a gift and storing it in my inventory? It seems like I should do that and if I decide to play the game, then I can just add it to my library when the moment strikes.

It sounds like it keeps options open.

Jamie OD

That Bioshock Infinite season pass pricing error sure seems to be taking a long time to be fixed... why do I get a feeling that 2K/Steam just pulled a fast one on us?

There's probably a lot of sore heads and slow recoveries within that group of staff this morning.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What's the downside from always buying as a gift and storing it in my inventory? It seems like I should do that and if I decide to play the game, then I can just add it to my library when the moment strikes.

There is no downside. Gift purchases don't expire or anything of the sort.

Coldsun

Banned

There is no downside other than it not immediately increasing your game total :)D) and honestly now that you mentioned it, I'm tempted to start storing them as gifts too.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
There is no downside. Gift copies don't expire or anything of the sort.

There is no downside other than it not immediately increasing your game total :)D) and honestly now that you mentioned it, I'm tempted to start storing them as gifts too.

Thanks! This is how I will do it from now on.

Kadin

No downside at all. That's the only way I buy my games for that same very reason. Unless I know I'll play it immediately, always... ALWAYS in gift form right to my inventory.

dont even have bioshock infinite base yet and a thinking about getting the season pass! will there ever be a goty edition? judging by the other two there won't be
decisions...

JaseC, I am slowly overtaking your place as best Clean Driver on the leaderboards for Sleeping Dogs.

Your time is ending, my friend.

Luthos

Ooooh Sniper Elite V2. I might have to get that. Played the demo multiple times. The slo-mo x-ray kill cams were so addicting.

Seanspeed

Banned
So we think the Bioshock Infinite Season Pass sale was an error? Either way I'm so glad it finally went on sale for any reason
Don't know. Perhaps this was intended all along, but the first time it *was* an error and they just let the cat out of the bag too soon.

Its fantastic, though. I actually really enjoyed Infinite and am looking forward to getting back into it.

Phinor

Unhappy new year for me. I missed the Animal Crossing new year's event.

Maybe Gabe has one more round of new(ish) deals instead of encore.

jediyoshi

Damn, I bought the season pass and now I have to buy the actual game...touché Steam.

All according to keikaku

wvN7H9c.png

wilflare

trying to buy a few more of the Season Pass because I know some friends would definitely want it (different timezone)

but damn steam is erroring out on me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom