• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sales 2014 |OT3| : DIE HARDEREST (HAPPY NEW YEAR WOOHOO!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jørdan

Its probably not a pricing error guys lol.

Also my first giveaway (other page) and am I suppose to get PMs from people that enter?

You might get PMS from users but not PMs, ModBot will send one when the giveaway is finished to let you know who the winner was and thank you for your patronage. People entering the giveaway send the message to ModBot rather than the creator and a when a winner is selected the key is sent to them by ModBot.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Wow, 10 pages already! Happy new year, Steam-GAF. Hope 2014 brings as many awesome little games as the last year did. Any idea when the GOTY results get posted? Or did I miss that somewhere in all these pages posted while I was sleeping?

Danj

Jørdan;95471893 said:
Grats, I miss the old design which I think looks better.

screens_0_15a.png

You can still play that for free on the website I believe.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I just helped a friend of my trader guy buy The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct on the cheap (relatively speaking). It felt a little odd being on the other side of the fence for a change. :p I received three snow globe cards but none of them are foils, sadly.

Coreda

Well I'm clearly LTTP, just read about the new family sharing feature in beta. Great idea. Close friends could share a library, nice. Edit: not specific games, oh well.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I just helped a friend of my trader guy buy The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct on the cheap (relatively speaking). It felt a little odd being on the other side of the fence for a change. :p I received three snow globe cards but none of them are foils, sadly.

Friends don't let friends buy The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct.

Dr Dogg

When ever you mention your 'trader guy' I imagine you meeting I. A dark lit car park and exchanging a brown envelope for a suitcase full of cash. The innocuous world of Steam trading obviously isn't as seedy as that but I like to imagine it as some sort of black market.

I really like Remember Me. The combat system isn't that bad, it's kind of like a God Hand-lite. You can unlock moves and edit your own combos. There are different categories of moves, some cause more damage, some heal you, some reduce the cooldown on your ultimate attack and the last carry all the modifiers of moves used in a combo. It's kind of neat. My only issue with the system is I'm two hours into the game, I only have three editable combos and I just unlocked the fourth and final (?) move type. It would be nice if there were more combos to edit and use but the game is taking it's sweet time in doling out what seem like basic systems. I understand having to unlock more powerful moves and longer combos but it seems like the player should have more basic starting tools to play around with.

Normally I don't like these kinds of games where you're essentially platforming or fighting your way down a cinematic funnel. Like Uncharted or Tomb Raider 2013 but I like it in this game. The world in Remember Me is absolutely fantastic. I take my time wandering through it, stop and gawk at all the sights, drink it all in.

This absolutely looks like it's my game of the sale. 10$ well spent.

JaseC

When ever you mention your 'trader guy' I imagine you meeting I. A dark lit car park and exchanging a brown envelope for a suitcase full of cash. The innocuous world of Steam trading obviously isn't as seedy as that but I like to imagine it as some sort of black market.

Replace "suitcase full of cash" with "suitcase full of PayPal Bucks" and you're about right. :p

Not at Activision prices.

It's only $15 on Steam AU. Still too much, arguably, but far better than $37.50. ;)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
morning guys. fuck my wrecked sleeping patterns :(

what did I miss? oooh desktop dungeons, tempting, anyone play it?

(also that infinite season pass was deffinately a error on the first time it happened, especially looking at how dlc is being handled for all games this sale, so I would grab it now if i needed it)

Majukun

Sorry to ask again.. EU IV is 7,25€ at the humble store and I'm thinking of getting it, but I have no real experience with grand strategy games. Do you think EU IV would be a good point to start or do you have to know some basics to enjoy it without putting several hours into learning the mechanics? I heard some great things about this game and the price is pretty sweet..

at that price i'm definitely gonna bite too..even thogh i'm probably gonna abandon the game before learning how to play it properly

Danj

I'm beating my head against LLTQ. This is like FTL all over again.

Try optimizing her moods and remember which skills you missed the last time. It helps making roughly the same decisions each run.

It's awesome, though there's not as much randomness in the events as there is in FTL, so it is actually possible to map out a strategy which should work every time. It just takes a lot of time and effort.

Already own Infinite on 360 but would actually be cheaper to buy it again and the price error Season Pass than buy just the Season Pass on 360. Guess I'll be grabbing it for PC then.

JaseC

I sense a Loltaku article about this in the future... :D

That's actually a good idea. I'd wager some people would be interested in reading about how Steam's "grey market" works.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ATF5YY8/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Singularity for 7.5$, I should bite on it, seeing it hasn't been lower than 15€ on Steam itself in the recent past.

and if you like bad games (R.I.P.D) then this is just for you - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E8R6RR6/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Singularity is fairly a solid. In few words I'd describe it as the modestly-budgeted bastard child of Half-Life 2 and BioShock. Beware of the Phase Ticks, though.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
There's been so many games this sale which I've found myself considering getting despite the fact I've already played and beaten them on consoles, shows the draw that Steam has, ha. I suppose there's also the knowledge I can revisit those games in years to come and not have to worry about old-gen consoles being connected up. Also trading cards paying for my indie games.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
are these the amazon games that you can use the 5 bucks credit on?

Rhaknar

so whats a good fake adress to use for us europeans? I havent done in in ages, always feel dirty doing it :(

JaseC

Will they remove the discount for those Editor's Choice games?

I imagine the EC titles will see the same general discounts, but it's hard to say which games will be chosen outside of "AAA" titles like BioInf.

so whats a good fake adress to use for us europeans? I havent done in in ages, always feel dirty doing it :(

I use the address of Google's CA-based HQ. You want to avoid states that charge sales tax on digital goods.

I use the address of Google's CA-based HQ. You want to avoid states that charge sales tax on digital goods.

Same. I think it is also a nice way to say "I'm not really in the US and you know I'm not in the US but you are Amazon and you don't really give a shit so let me just buy games".

Plus if they ever do crack down on it, they will not mess with me in case I really am from Google and can access their search history.

wilflare

wonder how long the price glitch will stay on.. or maybe it isnt a glitch afterall

Snow Globes
SPARE #4, #8 and #10
NEED #1, #2, #6, #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom