• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Jesus christ Evil Within is nervewrecking on so many levels. The constant threat of everything really gets to your nerves, but luckily there are some action bits in between too. I am up to chapter 14, and I am just wondering why the crap isn't this on everyone's GOTY list.

Also #teamblackbars

I thought I might like the black bars, but it really isn't at all like when I force normal 16:9 games into 2.35 at all. I ended up sticking with the full-frame for 95% of the game.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
HuniePop is about to get a store page: https://steamcommunity.com/app/339800/

Now to wait for the humble widget to send out keys.

Have you all been voting for this?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=358896149

No one has said anything about it.

I voted for it a while ago. It looks sort of okay.

Jesus christ Evil Within is nervewrecking on so many levels. The constant threat of everything really gets to your nerves, but luckily there are some action bits in between too. I am up to chapter 14, and I am just wondering why the crap isn't this on everyone's GOTY list.

Also #teamblackbars

Once you get rid of the letterboxing and use the FOV fix, you never go back.

Alright fellas it's time to make it rain.

giphy.gif

But... what number are you picking?

giphy.gif

It looks like a store brand Super Meat boy.

Phinor

Easy first Kickstarter of 2015 that I backed. The first Shadowrun they made was decent, Dragonfall was better and I doubt they are going to end up with a worse product third time around especially with PC as their focus now.

Also $15 now vs. 15€ later. Basically just pre-ordering this in advance (which is what Kickstarter often is these days).

Jawmuncher

Bit of both, but leaning more towards the latter.

I would, but my game playing time has been consumed by asscreed. I forgot how good Brotherhood actually was.

You and chariot both didn't budge when I mentioned the length. I hate to see what the future holds.

It's 5 minutes? Nah that's too long. Lol

Pac Man Championship DX+ is a blast, even if I've already played it on 360 long time ago.
Only issue is the stutter/slight slowdown that the game has on pc. Apparently it's common and they still didn't patch it

Lomax

Why did they go to Kickstarter with this? Wasn't the first game a success and added necessary funding for its sequel?

Technically it was already funded before the campaign. This is for extra stuff and making it better. I think D:OS had the same KS campaign?

Correct. Divinity's KS was for polish and improvements to an already in-development game.

Without the Kickstarter Divinity: Original Sin would be a completely different, and most likely lesser, game.

It's going to be interesting to see how high this goes. It essentially amounts to a pre-order, so it isn't surprising to see it jump up fast, but I wouldn't really expect it to have much of a tail. Honestly they probably could have just put up a pre-order page and made just as much, but I'm sure they're hoping for additional publicity and buzz from the Kickstarter. Plus, it looks good to release another "successful Kickstarter" even if the Kickstarter itself is fairly meaningless in terms of whether or not the game/expansion gets made.

All that said, I really need to get around to playing Dragonfall. Don't know why I keep putting it off.

Ozium

I watched Phawx's lets play of that Squirrel game and I kind of like that it looks like a mix between SMB* style levels w/ SMB** gameplay

*super mario bros
**super meat boy

Videospel

Alright fellas it's time to make it rain.

giphy.gif

But... what number are you picking?

giphy.gif

Cool. I picked #14.
So if anyone wants to have a chance of having a unique number, I suggest something else.
Psychology/Game theory

And I just bought Bad Rats, calculating that I'll at least break even by selling the cards.

Once you get rid of the letterboxing and use the FOV fix, you never go back.

While I am at it, I might as well drop the difficulty to easy.

Like look at this shit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9v3elBPEb4

The increased vertical space absolutely kills the game. It renders whatever traps other obstacles there might be useless, as you can look straight forward while seeing everything. Most of the difficulty (which I personally find very charming) in the game comes from the constant fear of running into something, such as bombs or enemies that you can't see while you are trying to avoid the other. When you can easily see both, what's the goddamn point? There has been many times when I have triggered a trap that I couldn't see, because I wasn't paying any attention to my surroundings: it wasn't unfair as it was totally my fault and it was surprising because I didn't see it happening. The game(play) was clearly made like that, to embrace the limitations of the reduced vertical resolution. If it was just for the "cinematicness" (which it isn't) obviously it would be just useless, but it TOTALLY IS NOT in The Evil Within.

kevin1025

Banned
Wasn't it at 30K like a few hours ago woah...

Hopefully this means that with so many more days until the Kickstarter is over, that the funds reach a pretty significant sum that they make this piece a substantial size. This could also mean a delay in release, too. Or they could take the money and run!

randomkid

Hey everyone! Because Stump added the trivia function specifically to cater to me, I'm excited to finally participate in this whole giveaway thing, that's what's up! First time so hopefully everything works, since this is mainly a test I had to subvert the whole 'trivia' part of the question like a jerk.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Beta: This giveaway is a trivia giveaway. In your PM, include BOTH the ModBot code for the game you want AND the answer to the trivia question on the same line separated by a space. Capitalization and punctuation are not important. Here is a visual example of how to format your ModBot PM
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (randomkid, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Thief: Gold -- MB-A02AE29C4DDCCF93 Trivia Question: What is the best Wu-Tang Album?

Please post if you win so that we can celebrate our good taste together.

Vazduh

Hey everyone! Because Stump added the trivia function specifically to cater to me, I'm excited to finally participate in this whole giveaway thing, that's what's up! First time so hopefully everything works, since this is mainly a test I had to subvert the whole 'trivia' part of the question like a jerk.

Individual albums included?

Parsnip

Was just looking at my apps on Steamdb and noticed that the password protected steambuild branch of Dark Souls got a pretty big build id bump 21 hours ago.

I also noticed that they added the main Dark Souls 2 app into a Scholars of the First Sin package 4 days ago, along with all the DLC apps.

madjoki

Was just looking at my apps on Steamdb and noticed that the password protected steambuild branch of Dark Souls got a pretty big build id bump 21 hours ago.

I also noticed that they added the main Dark Souls 2 app into a Scholars of the First Sin package 4 days ago, along with all the DLC apps.

Build ID doesn't mean anything.

Scholars of the First Sin is equivalent of 'GOTY' package, out in February.
Don't buy it. Wait for DX11 update edition in April.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

This is awesome for several reasons, because it's a good test of the system (the answer requires a measure of precision) and it's fun.

Tizoc

Hopefully this means that with so many more days until the Kickstarter is over, that the funds reach a pretty significant sum that they make this piece a substantial size. This could also mean a delay in release, too. Or they could take the money and run!

How about a PS4+Vita stretch goal *rubs hands*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom