• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deitus

Welcome back Zkylon!

all the suggestions were shit so i made my own avatar

thanks you all for your cooperation despite sending me terrible suggestions

It's just as well. I don't think I'd recognize you without a League of Legends avatar.

Congrats!

Not that I expect anyone to confirm, but I wonder if Modbot prioritizes people who enter for only one game in a free-for-all raffle.

There isn't any "priority" scheme to modbot from the way Stump has described it. Though technically people who enter for multiple games have a chance of winning a different game and being throttled which would prevent them from winning the game in question.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Not that I expect anyone to confirm, but I wonder if Modbot prioritizes people who enter for only one game in a free-for-all raffle.

ModBot "prioritizes" for drawing for the most popular raffles, but not intentionally. Basically there's a bunch of outstanding requests in a pile, and ModBot every heartbeat says "OK, are any of these ready to be paid out" and randomly picks one. Then, once it's enforced the rules, it goes through the whole pile and removes all the other entries for the same raffle.

So basically if two raffles expire at the same time and one has 4 entries and the other has 1 entry, the first raffle has a 4/5 chance to pay out first and the latter has 1/5 chance to pay out first. This is not a guarantee, you could still pay out the latter first.

This is an architectural design that would make no sense if you were a human but makes sense for a robot.

Phawx

Actually wouldn't telling which number you picked by a good strategy? Since it will likely deter others who read your post from going for the same one you picked.

Are are you trying to get him to reveal his number THUS going to that number guaranteeing that you'll at least get a 50/50 chance because others won't go for that number?!

Speevy

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Ignite -- MB-911805F55ED189F0 - Taken by nja
SOL: Exodus -- MB-B8382C06C63AE51D - Taken by nja
Space Farmers 2-Pack -- MB-0032C61E9ACB144C - Taken by bluechox2
Xotic Complete -- MB-F4B0E649297A32E4 - Taken by freshVeggie

zkylon

zkylewd
what's the name of that pidgeon detective game from the hatoful boyfriend people?

i keep trying to show it to friends and can't ever remember the name

Yo, now I'm hurt.
Most productive thing I have done today.
i have no sympathy for the useless!

Welcome back Zkylon!
ty

It's just as well. I don't think I'd recognize you without a League of Legends avatar.
here i was trying to go incognito

i even gave ahri a haircut and everything

Phawx

Hey wow:

Gone Home With Soundtrack -- MB-F177A2C44F51265D - Taken by Phawx. 48 entrants total.

Thanks KenOD!

titch

Actually wouldn't telling which number you picked by a good strategy? Since it will likely deter others who read your post from going for the same one you picked.

Lol v.true it's
shh

Tbh i was just messing go 53

Are are you trying to get him to reveal his number THUS going to that number guaranteeing that you'll at least get a 50/50 chance because others won't go for that number?!

Aweee crap

Go 54

Phawx

Alright fellas. I gotta leave work now. Remember idle that game fast and get your Steam money while the getting is good.

Ozium

it beginsdidsflsdiufdslfuidsfldisufdsliufsdfiudsfldsiufdslfuidslfiudsfldsiufdslfuidsf
edited

edit: that feel when you keep refreshing hoping that at least the one you entered has been drawn so you know to be prepared for the FFA

Arthea

In Alphadia Genesis my party consist of: simpleton, manipulative smartass kid, jerk, pinprick and a nice lady so far. It seems like serious contender to GOTY, if you ask me.

edited: oh hi zky, I thought you got lost in lol ;)

it beginsdidsflsdiufdslfuidsfldisufdsliufsdfiudsfldsiufdslfuidslfiudsfldsiufdslfuidsf
edited

edit: that feel when you keep refreshing hoping that at least the one you entered has been drawn so you know to be prepared for the FFA

hahahahha

guilty as charged

Chariot

9LN2ahU.png

HA!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
There has to be a study somewhere that analyzes where most people pick in a giant list of lines. Most seem to pick a few from the ends, rarely the first or last, and lots in the middle.

Chariot

There has to be a study somewhere that analyzes where most people pick in a giant list of lines. Most seem to pick a few from the ends, rarely the first or last, and lots in the middle.
Most people here know that, which is why it's tricky again. We already had the strange happening where people were piling up on the "unexpected" because everyone wanted to be smart :D

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Just wait for Bad Boys Love Route... Just wait...
I know, I basically read that let's play when I first heard of the game 3 years ago. My heart couldn't take it back then, and I doubt it can even now. ;_;

Also just got the Princess Mononoke ref in San's route now, lol.

what's the name of that pidgeon detective game from the hatoful boyfriend people?

Is that Avian Attorney or something? Can't remember its exact name.

Parsnip

I didn't win with my number. Boo.

All I can think of is that Aviary Attorney Kickstarter, but I don't think that's the hatoful boyfriend people? Also welcome back zkylon.

Ozium

lol this is my karma for saying your suggestion was shit

i most certainly did not, been playing all sorts of different things

right now i'm trying to find courage to buy a sensor bar to play metroid prime on pc with a wiimote a friend let me borrow

you don't have to buy a sensor bar you can make one or use candles

Videospel

Yes but then there are also those who "know" this and therefore pick the first or last, so I think it evens out. My own attempt at telling people what I picked didn't seem to work, #14 is the second most popular from the drawn ones so far, at 6 picks. Maybe people didn't see it, maybe they thought I was pulling some sort of trick, or maybe they just went with the "guaranteed" 50% chance since no one else would be so bold as to enter the same number as I already had. Deep stuff man.

Tecl0n

lol this is my karma for saying your suggestion was shit

i most certainly did not, been playing all sorts of different things

right now i'm trying to find courage to buy a sensor bar to play metroid prime on pc with a wiimote a friend let me borrow

play it with mouse and keyboard.

Tizoc

In Alphadia Genesis my party consist of: simpleton, manipulative smartass kid, jerk, pinprick and a nice lady so far. It seems like serious contender to GOTY, if you ask me.

edited: oh hi zky, I thought you got lost in lol ;)

You should like totally make a giveaway of it.
To spread awareness and give someone the chance to experience it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom