• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

The only LEGO game we need to get is LEGO Jurassic Park.
Well, that and LEGO Assassin's Creed.

If that happened it might rip out the very fabric of the universe with the sheer amount of collectibles to be had. Oh course I'll be happy like a pig in shit.

I guess Steam Ass Creed Unity is getting Dead Kings last?

What's even more annoying it this depot has been kicking about for over a week
ESXqfeN.png
and the latest public build update from 3-4 hours ago (no. 473295) still hasn't been pushed. Not that I'm in any hurry or position to get cracking on with it.

Maybe this feels like repetition, but what can i do? :p
Went to my brothers house here in São Paulo, so i wasnt able to really follow the thread.
This happened though :)
Did i miss anything, besides the GTAV delay?

Ozium

what's this about free L4D?

I don't even own L4D2 since I wasn't able to access computer the day it was free :(

Why are people raging against Humble Bundle? Did they promise another bundle?

imagine if pewdiepie put up a new video every tuesday at noon... then you go to his page at that time and see no new video..
how would you feel m8... that is what we are feeling

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
That's a really nice story.
But this made laugh.

Are coders actually treated like outcasts in real life? Haha, I mean, aw :(

Having been on both sides of the process, very much so. As an artist I'm told to be creative, have energy, make it a fun atmosphere (told, not always allowed), and be surrounded by artwork (none of those apply during crunch time). As a coder, I was given a spartan environment where those above me wanted no distractions getting in the way of me typing out the code required, save for the occasional release to remind myself that I am human and there exists a sun (unless it's crunch time).

fantomena

imagine if pewdiepie put up a new video every tuesday at noon... then you go to his page at that time and see no new video..

I found it weird people are raging against Humble Bundle. Bundles are not an obligation.

Phawx

My Let's Play of Grav:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nYs22yFDuQ

Quick Impressions: I am so glad that I didn't play this game more when I initially loaded it up. The differences in performance/quality in just a few short days has practically given me whiplash. When I first played Grav, the server browser took at least a minute to populate. Then when connecting, it took another ten minutes just to get into the world. THEN, just moving around my framerate was real bad and hit detection was abysmal.

But now, it's like a playable game. The server window populates immediately. Connecting to a game takes three minutes, which isn't so bad because it is syncing all of the changes done by the players to the world. My framerate issues, while not the best, are leagues better than where they once were and are now playable on my i5 Sandy Bridge/R9 290 rig.

Gathering certain resources can be tough, but I found that going into a dungeon contains a greater amount of hard-to-find resources. Dying is a tough pill to swallow, but can be made okay if you can retrieve your gear. Retrieving your gear early on can be a hard proposition as you don't have any of the materials necessary to build a locator, so chances are when you die, you'll be getting a message that someone pilfered your stuff.

Healing in the game without stimkits requires you to make a campfire and dance around it. The more people dancing around it, the faster you regain health. But right now, most everyone I see in the game is a griefer, so dancing around a campfire is a huge signal to griefers that you are ripe for the picking.

Not everything is fully baked into the GUI, like if you want to change your FoV you have to type "fov ###" in the console to change that. Not a big deal really. Max settable FoV is 170.

Killing mobs grants you XP and they also have a chance of dropping color-coded loot for quality/rarity. It's never something you can directly equip, instead it's stuff to build equipment or housing.

Gathering resources is mostly done by your catch-all "Multi-tool" gun. Some resources are harder to find than others, but thankfully you don't necessarily have to build factories or armories to fashion armor/weapons. Provided you can find someone elses equipment, as long as they don't lock it, which they generally don't, you can quickly make a better weapon and armor pretty quickly.

As far as Early Access titles go, the progress the devs have made including the sweeping changes in performance have me optimistic.​

My Let's Play of Gunslugs 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs3fNmku084

A distilled version of Metal Slug with the unique styling of Orange Pixels' decidedly own take. While the action-arcade gameplay is refined to it's core, the pacing of the game demands fast and frantic. If you don't travel at it's intended sequence, the game can get a little dull. Just go right.​

My Let's Play of Squirreltopia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM5WSYorFUs

A hardcore 2D Platformer. I prefer Super Meatboy in almost all respects but it definitely has it's own mechanics in which the levels have been modeled against. Essentially, you need to build up inertia before attempting to cross any chasms, otherwise if you don't you'll most likely just plummet to your death. And naturally, the game is punctuated with many different platforms that demand you to slow down. Narrow platforms, exploding platforms, disappearing platforms.

It's fun and it has bosses! I don't know how many or even if the boss can be killed because I ragequit at the end of the first set of levels XD.​

Incidentally, I have ~70 codes to giveaway for Squirreltopia and it's scheduled to go off around 3PM EST.

It will be the same as my Blue Flamingo giveaway.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Yes.

Pretty much. I've spent most of my time coding in labs with no windows.

I had a job in a basement that had no cell phone reception, no natural light or windows and required me to go through 4-5 doors to get to the outside world, some locked by keycard and some by combination. I was not working on security stuff or anything, this was just a case of dumping the nerds in the dungeon for no good reason.

Incidentally, I have ~70 codes to giveaway for Squirreltopia and it's scheduled to go off around 3PM EST.

It will be the same as my Blue Flamingo giveaway.

My recommendation would be to ensure that your timing doesn't overlap with KenOD's mega giveaway just to give ModBot some breathing room.

Yeah sure, but people are really angry because of a bundle.

no. People are angry because of no bundle.

I had a job in a basement that had no cell phone reception, no natural light or windows and required me to go through 4-5 doors to get to the outside world, some locked by keycard and some by combination. I was not working on security stuff or anything, this was just a case of dumping the nerds in the dungeon for no good reason.

Sounds like College to me

I don't even own L4D2 since I wasn't able to access computer the day it was free :(

It's only if you own Evolve (don't know if having the alpha only applies as well)

The fourth Monster is free if you pre-order OR pre-purchase!

We can’t drive this part home enough: If you are planning to buy the game, but are skittish about pre-purchase, don’t be. As soon as the clock strikes midnight on 2/10/15, the FREE Monster Expansion Pack bonus goes away and it will run you over$14.99 to buy Behemoth, the fourth Monster, and the Savage Goliath skin after the fact. Think of it as us buying the first round for you. As a thank you.

rofl

http://evolvegame.com/news/the-evolve-digital-versions-breakdown

After gushing about REVOLVER360 RE:ACTOR yesterday, I played Crimzon Clover just now.

It feels like I just played two of the best shmups ever.

I'm not sure what mode I should be playing in Crimzon, though. There are a lot of options. I tried normal Novice mode, played one level, and then switched to Arcade when the first stage seemed way too easy. I then played to stage 4 or 5 on arcade and then quit because it felt like I was using continues way too often.

fallout

So ... moderately inconvenienced to the point of immediately forgetting about and moving on with your day?

MUnited83

For you.

That makes no sense. Main humble bundles are not that regular, and there was absolutely nothing indicating that there would be a new one. This complaining would make more sense if you guys were talking about the weekly one.

TITS is going for $8 for the PSP/Vita. Even though i have it through my bro's steam account, i'm considering getting it on the Vita for the suspend/resume stuff (which made FFX so much more bearable).

How does this game handle saves? can you save at any point? are the battles real long? I don;t like it when RPGs force me to play for hours at a time because i haven't found a save point in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom