• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
it literally says " Grand Theft Auto V Pre-Purchase (Tier X)"....

Yeah, but if somebody pre-ordered early, during Tier 1, they'd have to re-order to get to Tier 2, thus the packages relating to the tiered rewards system doesn't make sense. That said, the subs could be pointing to pre-purchase tiers if R* simply doesn't know how the system works.

Yeah, but if somebody pre-ordered early, during Tier 1, they'd have to re-order to get to Tier 2, thus the packages relating to the tiered rewards system doesn't make sense. That said, the subs could be pointing to pre-purchase tiers if R* simply doesn't know how the system works.

Yes, but it's still unrelated to rewards tiers, as it's one package with DLC added as rewards are unlocked. Which means it refers to something else.

You can see DoA: https://steamdb.info/app/311730/subs/

Fair enough. Guess the labels are just misleading.

derExperte

This is apropos nothing, but I was saddened to realize the game Hawken has been dead since July last year. Hasn't received any updates since then and all it's website community features are offline, even the password recovery. Someone in the Steam forums said the game servers are only paid for until Q2 of this year, so if you ever thought about giving it a spin now would definitely be the time. There's stlll about 300-400 people playing at the moment, so finding a match shouldn't be too much of a chore.

Last time I played it, it was easily one of the prettiest games I've ever played and performed fantastically. Gameplay wise, it was a sprawling chaotic death match kind of thing.

It...It never even managed to make it out of Early Access and hit 1.0. ;_;

I've played Hawken for the last three hours and have to wonder why it never became a bigger thing. Looks nice, easy to pick up since you don't immediately die, the f2p stuff seems to be fair (maybe that was the problem?). Cool game.

Tier 3: No further delay.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It's been pretty Dark Souls Heavy lately here - sorry for rolling the ball :p - but I'd like to ask fellow Soulers which places you would advise for souls/humanity farming?

Humanity - Teleport to the Depths and kill the rats in the sewer area closest (there are like 8 or so in the first tunnel) and with the Gold Serpent Ring and 10 humanity on your counter you should be getting 1-2 Humanity drops per run.

Humanity - Teleport to the Depths and kill the rats in the sewer area closest (there are like 8 or so in the first tunnel) and with the Gold Serpent Ring and 10 humanity on your counter you should be getting 1-2 Humanity drops per run.

To add to this.
In the Tomb of the Giants you can farm the
baby skeletons after clearing the area of pinwheels. It's more challenging to get there but the babies keep respawning so it's not like you have to continually leave and come back.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've played Hawken for the last three hours and have to wonder why it never became a bigger thing. Looks nice, easy to pick up since you don't immediately die, the f2p stuff seems to be fair (maybe that was the problem?). Cool game.

All of the DLC packs being limited-time offers with absolutely zero indication as to when they'd be pulled was certainly a stupid way to go about things.

Nice, thanks. I finished the Depths already but the Rats did drop some humanity back then. I can't teleport yet though. Wonder when that will unlock.
To add to this.
In the Tomb of the Giants you can farm the
baby skeletons after clearing the area of pinwheels. It's more challenging to get there but the babies keep respawning so it's not like you have to continually leave and come back.
Hm. I am not that far I fear.

What about Soul farming?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-ObDIG4aTc

Not sure if you unlocked this area yet (it requires 20,000 souls IIRC).
Hah. That is something!

No I haven't bought the crest from the blacksmith yet. Was usually using the bonfire right before Sen's Fortress and went back to the church and cleared the knights there. Gave a bit less 2k souls.

Just recently I found that the small hallway right in front of the bonfire at the Depths with the slime-balls dropping from the ceiling gives around 1k very quick too.

But 9k is something else.

Thanks people.

Chariot

Who started this anyways? I can remember that Bioshock Infinite had some - that were actually pretty decent. Like a free copy of Bioshock and some extra mini game that gives you stuff in game and that was fun. But it surely wasn't the first, yes?

Deques

Who started this anyways? I can remember that Bioshock Infinite had some - that were actually pretty decent. Like a free copy of Bioshock and some extra mini game that gives you stuff in game and that was fun. But it surely wasn't the first, yes?

I think BioInf had this. The first game and XCOM Enemy Unknown were among the bonuses

madjoki

XCom Enemy Unknown had it before BioInf.

BioInf rewards were actually very good, I almost made my money back from those extras.

Shadownet

Banned
It was a trend some time ago, like a year or so. Then it disappeared for some reason and now it seems to be back for some games.
I guess I forgot about it to be honest. I thought it was just a kickstarter/indie games thing.

Dead or Alive 5 has pre-purchase tiers. Some other games also had this
Yeah I know, that's why I hope it wasn't going to become a trend. But I guess its too late. The comeback might be real.

I'm more worried about the trend of releasing bug infested unfinished crappy games.
HA, I just finished reading that the new AC:Unity free DLC "Dead Kings" is glitchy and disappointing too.

Man.. I think I lost all faith in Assassin's Creed now. I think I'm done, time to find a new favorite franchise.

Okay Steam Friends!

Out of codes.
You are a gentleman and a scholar!

I am watching derExperte's stream of A Story About My Uncle. Surprisingly the game is very relaxing and has a calm atmosphere. I wasn't expecting that from a grappling-platformer.

Looks very interesting.

pahamrick

So, did Turtle Rock just give everyone access to the Evolve beta?

I just had it appear in my games list and I don't remember ever signing up for it.

derExperte

New Payday 2 stuff: http://steamcommunity.com/games/218620/announcements/detail/222134287445379625

I am watching derExperte's stream of A Story About My Uncle. Surprisingly the game is very relaxing and has a calm atmosphere. I wasn't expecting that from a grappling-platformer.

Looks very interesting.

I was sweating. Still am. And it didn't look that smooth the first time through. I won't even try to get the no-fall-achievements for the later levels.

Looks very interesting.

its a great game. got it full price when it first came out and it was totally worth it. Great use of momentum.

Shadownet

Banned
Mostly done a couple drive-by posts
Well if your aim is as bad as it is in CS, then I'm sure no one here was hit.

I'm joking, I'm sorry. It was just too good of a setup. You're most likely better than me now that I play significantly less. I'm rusty as hell.

frost was banned for 3 months because <REDACTED>.
He talked to me yesterday about that. Anyone got a link to what he posted? From what he told me, (his point of view). It's not wrong.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

I'm joking, I'm sorry. It was just too good of a setup. You're most likely better than me now that I play significantly less. I'm rusty as hell.

He talked to me yesterday about that. Anyone got a link to what he posted? From what he told me, (his point of view). It's not wrong.

This post.

zkylon

zkylewd

this reminds me of a certain time certain person got their feelings hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom