• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I recently discovered that RadeonPro is magic.

VSync --> input lag.
VSync + Triple Buffering --> still has input lag, though better than without Triple Buffering.
No VSync --> no input lag, but tearing and weird frame timing.

VSync + Triple Buffering + RadeonPro "Lock frame rate to refresh rate" --> perfect 60FPS smoothness with zero input lag.

I've tested several games with and without RadeonPro, including Portal 2, L4D2, and Mirror's Edge, and RadeonPro has definitely removed input lag while maintaining a perfect VSynced 60FPS. It also smoothed out Sonic Racing Transformed.

IIRC RadeonPro works with all graphics cards (Intel/Nvidia/AMD), D3D9 & D3D11, and 32-bit & 64-bit games. In other words it should work with just about anything Direct3D.

My problem is that all of those options that fix tearing introduce an awful stuttering effect for my games. I can get 60fps but it'll look all jittery.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
hexcells infinite here I go! :D

edit: they added retry option, wooooooooo

shockdude

My problem is that all of those options that fix tearing introduce an awful stuttering effect for my games. I can get 60fps but it'll look all jittery.
The jittering is what "Lock frame rate to refresh rate" is supposed to fix. Do you get jittering when you use in-game VSync without external programs like RadeonPro?

autoduelist

Is Age of Wonders 3 just your standard visual upgrade of AoW SM with some gameplay tweaks, or is it a major gameplay upgrade/shift?

Kiru

What they're talking about is the game appearing in their library, not that it automatically DLed for them.

It's pretty stupid that I have to redownload all the files. I still kept the old alpha stuff on my harddrive, doesn't matter, redownloading.

Dr Dogg

This Ass Creed DLC is stupidly pretty. London is gonna look spectacular in Victory.

I don't know if I'm going crackers but it runs better too. Although the level of detail transition distance hasn't improved the level of mips are much, much better and combined with the added layer of fog to hide some of it too it certainly looks more pleasing (the street lighting looks ace). Are Montpelier the mainly studio doing Victory as well? If so this bodes very well.

Shadownet

Banned
Are you new to Steam? Pre-purchase tiers are nothing new. And hell, there's really nothing wrong with it. Games with pre-purchase tiers often have way better bonuses than games that don't.
Technically yes. I am sorta new lol. You forgot I came to Steam during July?

Also when I said a phase, I meant 5-10 years period.

I feel like MOBA as someone said earlier is like MMORPG, the popularity will slowly decrease because gameplay wise sooner or later they'll hit a brick wall and won't be able go come out with anything interesting.

Like look at the hundreds of MMORPGs out there. Just mostly go there, kill that, collect stuff. Its boring. I want to get back into MMORPG but not until something revolutionary come along. Which I'm sure I'll be waiting for a while.

So while titles like WoW will still have millions of players, same with MOBA big hitters like League and DOTA, will still be big hits. They might lose players though.

But most of the MOBA clones will die out for something new.

Sigh I guess MMORPG will make a come back when Virtual Reality is a possibility.

Turfster

Amazon has Sang-Froid Tales of Werewolves 90% off

Humble daily The Long Dark 50% off

Groupees has a preorder for a BAGB that starts in 17 hours

Annubis

i'm glad steam is down i don't even like STUPID hexcells ANYWAY

Stump is a tsundere

1400689819106433_tall.jpg

Dr Dogg

toys? pram? so it was like 80 years ago?
;)

Hey now toys and prams are still in vogue. Newspapers on the other hand are old hat but I guess if that were true I'd be half out of a job.

Still makes me think of ickle Elijah Wood in Back to the Future Part 2 cussing down Marty McFly because he had to use his hands to play Wild Gunman. Well it's 2015 now and there's no mind control controllers, Kinect has been dumped and no hover boards either!

Hey now toys and prams are still in vogue. Newspapers on the other hand are old hat but I guess if that were true I'd be half out of a job.

Still makes me think of ickle Elijah Wood in Back to the Future Part 2 cussing down Marty McFly because he had to use his hands to play Wild Gunman. Well it's 2015 now and there's no mind control controllers, Kinect has been dumped and no hover boards either!

We sorta have hoverboards.

War Games:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

1953: NATO vs Warsaw Pact -- MB-3E9E9411BB5C4BBD - Taken by jshackles
Cubesis -- MB-5044B654DAD87418 - Taken by Akuosa
Strategic War in Europe -- MB-1CF10D8A9905BA7D - Taken by lindarasta
World War 2: Time of Wrath -- MB-FF0161C6217E344D - Taken by TheMadMan007
The Campaign Series: Fall Weiss -- MB-C1F7F58293CEA965 - Taken by ExoSoul
The Campaign Series: Fall Weiss #2 -- MB-138EFBED28C2BC63 - Taken by nightstorm
Storm over the Pacific -- MB-BAD3DE83DFD3EF2A - Taken by electroflame
Legions of Ashworld -- MB-C9A9077A6BE4C081 - Taken by Kurt Russell
Strategic War in Europe #2 -- MB-25CFBD0AF5C87036 - Taken by Diedac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom