• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yes. Got taken down, came back, renamed to Infestation: Survivor Stories

and also the lead made Big Riggs? lol
Yes, it was the scam. And yes, I am one of the millions and I even got someone else involved in this, too -.-

so basically they ripped off 2.799.999 people (the one being saoirse who got what she deserved lol)? or did they turn it around and fix it?

i dunno if i'd publicly announce it if i didn't unscam people -__-

Hey remember that conversation we had? :D fun time right?
;D

i do

Well if your aim is as bad as it is in CS, then I'm sure no one here was hit.

I'm joking, I'm sorry. It was just too good of a setup. You're most likely better than me now that I play significantly less. I'm rusty as hell.
You tell me, you've seen me play enough semi-recently.

And I think frost just needed to vent in public. He's told me about some of that stuff before, but never came out and said it. He was level-headed about it, at least.

jmizzal

So, did Turtle Rock just give everyone access to the Evolve beta?

I just had it appear in my games list and I don't remember ever signing up for it.

steam games list? I'm not home will check

I'm not interested in the game but if they are gonna give me access I will try it

zkylon

zkylewd
getting l4d1 for free must be like the worst preorder reward in a long time

Evolve Closed Beta was added to maybe every 2K game and Left 4 Deads.
at first i was like "cool!" but then i realized 23 gigs is too much

although i have a history of enjoying betas far more than finished games, so maybe it's not such a bad idea to give it a try

I got evolved for $7 during the great region-free wars of 2014 and i still can't muster enough interest in it. It feels like this year's Titanfall, a game with a major online focus that is going to feel old within a couple of days.

zkylon

zkylewd
I got evolved for $7 during the great region-free wars of 2014 and i still can't muster enough interest in it. It feels like this year's Titanfall, a game with a major online focus that is going to feel old within a couple of days.

so like, every multiplayer game ever?

you know, except the holy grail of gaming aka league of legends, of course

I feel the same way. At least $7 for a few days of matches before the stale feeling is not a bad deal.

Shadownet

Banned
You tell me, you've seen me play enough semi-recently.

And I think frost just needed to vent in public. He's told me about some of that stuff before, but never came out and said it. He was level-headed about it, at least.
I think you did well, you certainly made a lot of improvement, I'm not sure how often you play nowadays. But I'm looking forward to the next time we're both in a GAF game together.

That's exactly how I feel. Sad really.

so like, every multiplayer game ever?

you know, except the holy grail of gaming aka league of legends, of course
Idk, maybe I never got into MOBA and I might be the only one who feel this way but I have a slight feeling MOBA is just a phase.

I'm not hoping it is, but I wouldn't be surprise if popularity drops within 5-7 years.

Deitus

Idk, maybe I never got into MOBA and I might be the only one who feel this way but I have a slight feeling MOBA is just a phase.

I'm not hoping it is, but I wouldn't be surprise if popularity drops within 5-7 years.

I don't know, it's hard to call a genre that's been around for over 10 years a phase. It's not just a passing fad. But the popularity will probably fall off in the next few years, and a lot of the high profile MOBAs being made now will probably flop. A bit like MMOs post WoW in that regard.

tmarg

I think you are probably right about dota clones, but the moba genre can probably evolve a bit once their popularity starts to decrease.

zkylon

zkylewd

very unlikely it'll be "just a phase" in the meaning that at one point everyone will forget about these games (at least league and doto).

it'll just reach its ceiling and stay there, some people will move on, but evidently the game has massive appeal and rito/valve do so many free updates that it's hard to let go.

eventually some new thing will become the "thing" and publishers will run to that, but i don't think mobas will ever go back to being niche

Is anyone making a Dirty Bomb OT?

Is anyone playing the Steam beta currently? I jumped back into it at lunch today, after having played the standalone beta a while back, and it still feels great. Bringing back some RTCW: Enemy Territory vibes and I'm basking in them.

I've got a block of time tonight to really delve into it, and I'm sure I'll have some insight (more likely: questions) about the current Merc popularity, best loadouts, etc.

Zeknurn

Is anyone making a Dirty Bomb OT?

Is anyone playing the Steam beta currently? I jumped back into it at lunch today, after having played the standalone beta a while back, and it still feels great. Bringing back some RTCW: Enemy Territory vibes and I'm basking in them.

I've got a block of time tonight to really delve into it, and I'm sure I'll have some insight (more likely: questions) about the current Merc popularity, best loadouts, etc.

There's this thread. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=966029

shockdude

So I recently discovered that RadeonPro is magic.

VSync --> input lag.
VSync + Triple Buffering --> still has input lag, though better than without Triple Buffering.
No VSync --> no input lag, but tearing and weird frame timing.

VSync + Triple Buffering + RadeonPro "Lock frame rate to refresh rate" --> perfect 60FPS smoothness with zero input lag.

I've tested several games with and without RadeonPro, including Portal 2, L4D2, and Mirror's Edge, and RadeonPro has definitely removed input lag while maintaining a perfect VSynced 60FPS. It also smoothed out Sonic Racing Transformed.

IIRC RadeonPro works with all graphics cards (Intel/Nvidia/AMD), D3D9 & D3D11, and 32-bit & 64-bit games. In other words it should work with just about anything Direct3D.

Turfster

Neither does Steam.

Well, steam does it automatically.
Uplay just goes "oh yeah, you didn't get this update from a week ago yet, lemme get that for you." when you want to actually play the damn game... and by the time it's downloaded, the interest in the game is gone =p

Tizoc

IIRC RadeonPro works with all graphics cards (Intel/Nvidia/AMD), D3D9 & D3D11, and 32-bit & 64-bit games. In other words it should work with just about anything Direct3D.

i'D LIke more clarification on this, as I highly doubt that could work...could it?

dex3108

Well, steam does it automatically.
Uplay just goes "oh yeah, you didn't get this update from a week ago yet, lemme get that for you." when you want to actually play the damn game... and by the time it's downloaded, the interest in the game is gone =p

As far as i know you can play game without downloading update. There is button that says Play Now or something like that.

Dolor

Will it be like Total War series a grand strategy in real-time or turn-based?

Also, really nice to see you finally here as well :)

There is basically next to nothing known about it at this point. It was found out about because of a very small leak in a Total War book that is coming out soon.

Also, nice to be finally seen ;).

shockdude

i'D LIke more clarification on this, as I highly doubt that could work...could it?
I have a laptop with an Nvidia GT755M.
RadeonPro works with BF3 (D3D11). You can even add SMAA using RadeonPro if you want, which the traditional injectSMAA can't do on Windows 8.1.
RadeonPro works with Portal 1 using Intel graphics.
RadeonPro even works with Touhou 14 (Intel graphics).
I'm pretty sure RadeonPro will work with most games, though there can be exceptions like Watch_Dogs as dante81 mentioned.

MUnited83

For you.
Pre-Purchase Tiers? What is this crap.. I really hope this won't become a trend..

Are you new to Steam? Pre-purchase tiers are nothing new. And hell, there's really nothing wrong with it. Games with pre-purchase tiers often have way better bonuses than games that don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom