• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone get this?

The Ouya version (Android) felt pretty lazy, which is par for the course with DotEmu, but it was cheap enough at $3. The Steam version is slightly pricier. How is it?

fantomena

Jonathan (Hotline Miami dev) is a good bro.

hotlineemail.jpg

http://oxcgn.com/2015/01/16/hotline-miami-2s-lead-designer-to-australia-just-pirate-it/#prettyPhoto

Ozium

the broadcasting overlay appears whenever I start a game on steam now regardless of their being no viewers... it's kind of annoying

Parsnip

Dirt 3 Steamworks patch update, everyones getting the Complete Edition, plus they are adding trading cards.

Read post #1678

http://steamcommunity.com/app/44320/discussions/0/558746745592088289/#c622954302097655314

Is Dirt 3 a good one, I never actually played any of them.

Did anyone get this?

The Ouya version (Android) felt pretty lazy, which is par for the course with DotEmu, but it was cheap enough at $3. The Steam version is slightly pricier. How is it?

I need impressions as well. Two people from my friendlist has it so far.

derExperte

Time to reinstall Dirt 3 then (soon), I played the shit out of it but never bought the DLC. Hope the achievements transfer or I might end up doing everything again.

dex3108

What's happening with Evolve?

Pre-Order game and you will get Monster without grinding (Xbox One)
Pre-Order game and you will get monster (if you don;t pre-order it you will need to pay 15$ for it)
3 or 4 different editions
You will pay for Monsters and Hunters (Monster 15$, Hunter 7,5$ i think)
Game went Gold and they are releasing "Open Beta"

Miguel81

it has poor resolution support, it has controller support but no xbox button prompts, and they removed like 15 music tracks from it. It's an embarrassment.

Rockstar added 1920 x 1080 support back when I was halfway through playing the game. Too bad they never fixed the cropping, and yes, the lack of prompts is pure laziness and causes nothing but confusion.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Well, it looks like a lot of people are still experiencing crashes on Firefox 35+ with the latest version of Enhanced Steam, and I'm at my wit's end trying to figure out why.

I think my only real course of action here is to say that it's not being supported on these newer versions of Firefox until Mozilla resolves the bug that's causing it to crash. :(

Zeknurn

What is the closest game to Black Flags on Steam (that is not black flag)? Salt? I want an exploration game I guess but that has some reward

I have yet to try it but Caribbean! is pretty much Mount & Blade set in the Caribbean. It uses the same engine.

Dirt 3 Steamworks patch update, everyones getting the Complete Edition, plus they are adding trading cards.

Read post #1678

http://steamcommunity.com/app/44320/discussions/0/558746745592088289/#c622954302097655314

Excellent. I can't wait to play some more multiplayer.

Dang, he's spot on.

It'll be really interesting to see how Evolve performs.

Yeah. I don't think it's going to be threat to CS:GO as that PC Gamer article suggested.

well, at least it's on steam, so it won't be AS BAD as Titanfall ... but still ....

We still don't know official numbers though. Maybe it has around ~50k concurrent on PC. Probably wouldn't count as bad for Respawn (maybe for EA). Or maybe it has less. Who knows.

Just found my way to Unity Engines Homepage after watching Verdun devs stream in light of their engine overhaul.

Watched the games showreel. I had no clue that The Forrest and DeadCore were using Unity o_O

That engine has some pretty cool features I think. Especially the video about Unity 5 features impressed me.

• 29% of profits stemmed from direct sales to consumers or digital sales
  • 21% said micro-transactions were their primary source of profit
They are pretty close. But Mobile games were included as well, so there's that.

Would be interesting to see how these two numbers would look when only talking about PC?

septicore

Enhanced Steam has been updated to version 7.2.3. This is a maintenance release that only affects the Firefox extension with the following changes:
  • Fixed stability issues with newer Firefox browsers
  • Fixed a bug in the feature that displays a game's purchase date
  • Removed wishlist links on user profile pages
  • Removed "badge progress" section on app pages
This update is available only for Mozilla Firefox.

YOU MUST MANUALLY INSTALL THIS UPDATE FROM THE ENHANCED STEAM WEBSITE
firefox.enhancedsteam.com
Please remove your existing plugin and install the latest from the website. This is due to a change in how updates are now being released for the Firefox version of Enhanced Steam. After you've completed this process, future updates will be distributed automatically.

This should (hopefully) fix the issues with crashing that many users have experienced with Firefox 35+. As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues with this release.

I can confirm that this new update of ES has fixed the crashes that I was suffering when Firefox 35 update was released to the public.

Great job as always.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Well, now I gladly pay money to cover for our Australien... I would say brothers, but I seriously don't know if australians are still humans after being in contact with all these strange things that crawl Australia

going by what we are able to witness here on gaf (Jase, Man Puncher, Fuzzi etc.) - I'd say: nooooooooooope ;)

derExperte

I can confirm that this new update of ES has fixed the crashes that I was suffering when Firefox 35 update was released to the public.

Great job as always.

Had one crash but it wasn't when opening a game's page and could've been something different. Definitely more stable than before.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Great job as always.

Had one crash but it wasn't when opening a game's page and could've been something different. Definitely more stable than before.

Thanks for the feedback. Without getting too technical, the crash was being caused by a bug when doing an AJAX request on a resource marked as redirected on the server. So there were a few places in Enhanced Steam where it performs an AJAX request using the "/my/" shortcut and Steam would return the data as "/id/jshackles/" or whatever and somehow that would cause the browser to crash. I was able to send a sample of steps to recreate the bug to Mozilla so hopefully they'll release a patch at some point in the future to fix it.

Ozium

just played a bit of A Story About My Uncle... it's pretty fun but I kept dying :(

then I met some critters that looked straight out of a Star Trek Voyager plot...

this game is weird.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
I don't know if its been talked about but the latest Steam client beta adds a follow option for people. Would be cool if they added a following list next to friends list tab!

Phinor

just played a bit of A Story About My Uncle... it's pretty fun but I kept dying :(

then I met some critters that looked straight out of a Star Trek Voyager plot...

this game is weird.

For a change it was a game that I started playing, kept playing, and finished in one sitting. Plenty of deaths by falling though. Probably in the triple digits. Weird game all in all, but pretty enjoyable for what it was.

Beyond Earth free weekend?

Ded game confirmed.

I might give it a whirl though for free. Still think I can hold off buying until a complete edition or at least one expansion.

Gamesrocket has it for 13.49. Nuuvem tends to have the lowest prices, though, and is great for dealhounds like a lot of us here.

Dammit, don't you tempt me with that knowledge. I must stay strong and wait for Nuuvem senpai to notice me.

On a awesome note, after being on the phone for a couple hours, I switched homeowners insurance to Progressive and saved almost $1300 for a 12 month policy. Suck it Homesite! And thank you Progressive for funding all future Steam purchases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom