• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Etrian Odyssey is so, so, so good.
And would work amazingly on a PC, hint hint Sega.

I have IV. But all I ever did was get to the first dungeon and get wrecked by a kangaroo.
It wasn't bad though. But i'm thinking of just waiting for the Atlus Tax to get off of Persona Q and starting with that. Then coast from there.

who knows ... it could be almost anything :p
Looks like a new game even! Reminds me of Berserk.
1500x500

zkylon

zkylewd
i'd play pc halo

only played 1 and 2 and really liked how they were like crysis-like in that they said hey here take this buggy or this plane and go do stuff

Giever

Does anyone know how to keep the images in my steam grid view the same size? Every time I restart steam, or some time passes, or whatever, I go back to the grid view and it has resized the images such that there's a ton of blank space between everything, then I manually have to set it back how I like it (which is having as little of a margin as possible).

Tellaerin

I beat that too, the horrible thing was you need level up your rep in order to access next mission everytime. So I used infinite missile launcher to create panic and destroy stuff, because I'm not a side-quest dude in free roaming titles :D

It was only "horrible" if you didn't enjoy the sidequests. I enjoyed those enough that I went out of my way to do them whenever I could, so I never had to worry about rep when it came time to do the main story missions.

Uzzy

I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop with all this Microsoft PC gaming stuff. Will it be paid online, or a client worse than GFWL, or DX12 exclusive for the app store?

Ozium

Just completed Game #4 of the year.. it was Bayonetta 2.

Now I am thinking of playing a Steam game but no idea what to play... thinking of something that works well w/ a controller and comfy couch tho.

my review of Bayo2 if you are curious:
Bayonetta 2 makes Revengeance look like Devil May Cry 2

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam has been updated to version 7.2.3. This is a maintenance release that only affects the Firefox extension with the following changes:
  • Fixed stability issues with newer Firefox browsers
  • Fixed a bug in the feature that displays a game's purchase date
  • Removed wishlist links on user profile pages
  • Removed "badge progress" section on app pages
This update is available only for Mozilla Firefox.

YOU MUST MANUALLY INSTALL THIS UPDATE FROM THE ENHANCED STEAM WEBSITE
firefox.enhancedsteam.com
Please remove your existing plugin and install the latest from the website. This is due to a change in how updates are now being released for the Firefox version of Enhanced Steam. After you've completed this process, future updates will be distributed automatically.

This should (hopefully) fix the issues with crashing that many users have experienced with Firefox 35+. As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues with this release.

Ruruja

Is it possible to replace an icon if I have made a shortcut icon for a game to my desktop?

Replace the desktop shortcut icon you mean?

If so, right click > properties > Shortcut > Change Icon...

You'll need a file in .ico format and if you only have a PNG there are programs out there that convert it to .ico for you.

There's no other way to go about it, really: DLC items on GFWL don't have keys and having people e-mail through proof of ownership/purchase would be a bit of a logistical nightmare for Codemasters' support staffers. Like BioShock, though, I'd expect the free upgrade to only apply to existing owners, with a new, game-only store sub put to use once the patch has gone live.

ohh, i see. thanks for clarifying that :)

derExperte

shit, you can buy a new car with one of those. congrats

I once got two Gunhound EX foils from a booster. Still have my old car, took a good long while to sell them.

Enhanced Steam has been updated to version 7.2.3. This is a maintenance release that only affects the Firefox extension with the following changes:
  • Fixed stability issues with newer Firefox browsers
  • Fixed a bug in the feature that displays a game's purchase date
  • Removed wishlist links on user profile pages
  • Removed "badge progress" section on app pages
This update is available only for Mozilla Firefox.

YOU MUST MANUALLY INSTALL THIS UPDATE FROM THE ENHANCED STEAM WEBSITE
firefox.enhancedsteam.com
Please remove your existing plugin and install the latest from the website. This is due to a change in how updates are now being released for the Firefox version of Enhanced Steam. After you've completed this process, future updates will be distributed automatically.

This should (hopefully) fix the issues with crashing that many users have experienced with Firefox 35+. As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues with this release.

Cool, will test asap.

I tried Knights of Pen & Paper + 1 last night.

I like it. I think it's pretty well designed, neat, and charming.

I honestly feel like I might bore of it after a couple hours though.

The fact that it lets you choose your own encounter strength is weird. It seems like the game is only challenging if I want it to be, which undermines the accomplishment. I can't put my finger on it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Cool, will test asap.

Awesome, thanks. I've got a bug report open with Mozilla so hopefully these features I'm having to strip to make this work can make a return in the future if they fix it.

Momentary

Banned
the plot thickens ;)

A game with actual Berserk like combat AND atmosphere starring Artorias?

Dark Souls has the atmosphere, but damn I cringe when people say it's like Berserk when you control a character that moves like a 90 year old man in comparison to Guts.

One thing I think the Steam store pages should do is put positive & negative reviews side by side, instead of being mixed together in a single LONG column. It seems like there's a lot of wasted space.

Jawmuncher

One thing I think the Steam store pages should do is put positive & negative reviews side by side, instead of being mixed together in a single LONG column. It seems like there's a lot of wasted space.

Yeah like amazon should have like the Highest Positive and the Highest Negative helpful reviews side by side.

I don't get it.

If i had to guess, it's broken, full of microtransactions, gameplay is shallow, online focused, preorder bonuses, and trying to upsell you on a season pass because there isn't enough meat in the vanilla version. Oh, and exclusive retailer downloadables.

I haven't looked it up to see if any of this is true, but those are the things i think of when i read what he said.

Tier 1 of GTA V will include GTA: San Andreas
(has probably been posted before)

how is the gamepad support in san andreas?

it has poor resolution support, it has controller support but no xbox button prompts, and they removed like 15 music tracks from it. It's an embarrassment.

Evolve seems to actually be doing DLC half right. Sure their is DLC characters, but dlc skins are harmless. Supposedly the maps will be free and they are using DLC skins and characters to offset the cost of maps.

Edit: Speaking of GTA, I tried playing GTA 3 the other day and it said it had partial controller support so I figured it was good to go. However when I started playing the right stick controls fine but the left stick zooms into first person mode when I try to turn. Is that normal and I somehow forgot about a colossal game design fuck up like that?

Salt is in a very early state, but exploration is its own reward as the crafting system plays a key role plus the pirate element is rather prominent -- you can find clues that point you to hidden treasure and pirates of all types are peppered about the world, so you're not exactly alone (the game actually won RPS' 2014 GOTY award for Best Exploration whereas I've only played a little of it and that was about two months ago). Raven's Cry is practically Black Flag with a fraction of the budget, but I'd wait for reviews.
I played the demo of this and quite enjoyed it. Visually it's rough, but it captures the same sense of wonder through exploration that Minecraft did. I hope it ends up visually something like a Wind Waker in water colour eventually.

fantomena

Finished my Citizens of Earth 20 min first impressions video. Can't say anything due to embargo, but I have fixed some sound issues so the sound should better. Now I hope that my voice will be less deper (having a sore mouth these days).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom