• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I was looking ad DOA 2 Ultimate mods and this gem popped up
80696ab54a.jpg

I bet someone will be keeping his eyes open for a Mila mod. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Uzzy

Just played Civ:BE for an hour and a half, and the only feeling I have from it is that Endless Legend is really awesome, and I want to go play that again. Or break out my Alpha Centauri discs and play that.

It's so dull and lifeless.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Just played Civ:BE for an hour and a half, and the only feeling I have from it is that Endless Legend is really awesome, and I want to go play that again. Or break out my Alpha Centauri discs and play that.

It's so dull and lifeless.

hence the free weekend ;) they wouldn't have done that if it hadn't bombed really hard ;)

Oh man if someone makes a Regina mod for DOA5 i'll never put it down.

Rebecca*
;)

Parsnip

Well, it looks like a lot of people are still experiencing crashes on Firefox 35+ with the latest version of Enhanced Steam, and I'm at my wit's end trying to figure out why.

I think my only real course of action here is to say that it's not being supported on these newer versions of Firefox until Mozilla resolves the bug that's causing it to crash. :(

If it makes you feel any better, I haven't had a single issue with this version or the ones before it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Did Valve turn off account linking with 3rd party sites? I just noticed that all the indie bundle sites are giving out Steam Keys again.

iosefe

wat? No. I don't have a PC gaming rig and I had a spare code. Keep me out of your conspiracies plz

do forgive me. the mind does wander when things like this happen, and as it turns out was was nothing. though i'm a little surprised you don't have at least some form of gaming rig

derExperte

Strike Vector is truly dead. Not Hawken-dead with still 100 players but only-2-guys-with-400ping-dead.

Speaking of dead....

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derExperte, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Left 4 Dead -- MB-FAB89E6A637ECFFB - Taken by Lain

Kifimbo

Still had these two games:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kifimbo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy -- MB-FE56158317171BDD - Taken by shockdude
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-DD72E48207BEC4B2 - Taken by Akuosa

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
do forgive me. the mind does wander when things like this happen, and as it turns out was was nothing. though i'm a little surprised you don't have at least some form of gaming rig

I have a decent PC but no time to invest (properly) in multiple forms of gaming.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I'm hoping for a good amount of impressions for people using a controller or kb/m. Every time I get curious I just end up seeing video with the voice command, and I fly into a seething rage any time somebody wants me to talk to a computer. I've cancelled service because of a voice only IVR system when calling for support before.

It looks like it'll be fun and all for you lunatics who want to talk to machines though.

derExperte

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamClientBeta#announcements/detail/213127181200265107

Steam Client Beta Update - January 15th
16. Januar - martino
General

Fixed taking a screenshot and broadcast in some OpenGL games

Broadcast

Clicking on Live banner on desktop opens Steam Broadcast settings
Disabling Broadcast feature stops current broadcast instantly
Added option to hide Live status banner in “Anyone can watch my Games” mode

Mac OS X

Fixed video playback pausing after a short while

Lain

Some oldies
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 -- MB-1A925010E6B06357 - Taken by Widdly Scuds
Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy -- MB-BF8E8804BB1498C0 - Taken by Kuroyume
Always Sometimes Monsters -- MB-B1BEBE9659A6B409 - Taken by bluechox2

That There Came an Echo looks really interesting. I'm gonna play it with a controller more than likely though.

Sure, add a picture and suddenly everyone's talking about it.
Hmpf.

You have to post about it twice to really discuss There Came an Echo. Like, obviously.

I wonder how many levels of broken the voice commands will be... I can't think of any game that's pulled it off acceptably.

Hopefully the gameplay is fun without the voice stuff, like Binary Domain.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
You have to post about it twice to really discuss There Came an Echo. Like, obviously.

I wonder how many levels of broken the voice commands will be... I can't think of any game that's pulled it off acceptably.

Hopefully the gameplay is fun without the voice stuff, like Binary Domain.

If you're just worried about the quality and not a moral objection to talking to robots like some sort of crazy person who thinks robots are people, it looks amazing. Feep's posted some videos with various accents saying all sorts of hard to pronounce words, and the game appears to understand everything.

Well, now I gladly pay money to cover for our Australien... I would say brothers, but I seriously don't know if australians are still humans after being in contact with all these strange things that crawl Australia
going by what we are able to witness here on gaf (Jase, Man Puncher, Fuzzi etc.) - I'd say: nooooooooooope ;)
Why don't you come down here and say that to my faces?
:p
H1Z1 is the most watched game on Twitch right now and no one is actually playing it
This got me laughing:

I'm hoping SteamGAF can answer a couple questions.

1. Ended up with some extra money, planning to update my GPU... Which 970 is best? I heard there are some issues with EVGA models (which is what I've been looking at), so I dunno what I should get.

2. I had a thought about exclusivity/IP legalities, maybe somebody that knows what they're talking about can answer this... So for example, Super Time Force was ("is") exclusive to Xbox. But they released it on Steam under Super Time Force Ultra, which seems to have circumvented whatever obligations they had to Microsoft. I think Guacamelee and some other games I can't remember did that too? So what if Platinum ports Bayonetta to PC, and then they wanna release Bayonetta 2, what obligation do they have to Nintendo? Could they release it as say, Bayonetta 2.5: The Steamy Edition or something?

There Came An Echo the 24th of next month?
Yes please.

Huh, that looks kinda coo- *Wil Wheaton* ...yeah, no thanks.

..h-he lives! ;)

Did your annoying students go on vacation or what we do we owe the pleasure of seeing you here? :p

No, my annoying superiors went on vacation...and left me with the work to do. :(
I'm hoping I can celebrate Christmas later this month when, fingers crossed, I'll get time off for good behavior.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
2. I had a thought about exclusivity/IP legalities, maybe somebody that knows what they're talking about can answer this... So for example, Super Time Force was ("is") exclusive to Xbox. But they released it on Steam under Super Time Force Ultra, which seems to have circumvented whatever obligations they had to Microsoft. I think Guacamelee and some other games I can't remember did that too? So what if Platinum ports Bayonetta to PC, and then they wanna release Bayonetta 2, what obligation do they have to Nintendo? Could they release it as say, Bayonetta 2.5: The Steamy Edition or something?[/URL]

Modifying the name isn't the reason those game were allowed to show up on other platforms. Bayonetta 2 will never show up on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom