• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asgaro

I don't know how many ways Rockstar can tell you people to fuck off.

Take a hint already, gang.

I'm disgusted by all the people who will now with excitement express they pre ordered GTA V, all over the internet.

Let me get this straight:
They - deliberately - want to give money for an at this point unavailable product, produced by a company who doesn't give a fuck about PC gamers.
That company made the game available to console gamers - TWICE - and can't get enough manpower together to finish the PC version on the deadline they published officially.

Yes, I will buy GTA V myself.
No, I won't buy it before release. Not even in the first month after release.
When the first price drop is available I will buy it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hmm, no pre-order for Russia (yet)

The RU price is 2500 RUB, which makes it the most expensive publisher-backed new release by a significant margin. The price could change once R* officially opens up pre-orders in Russia but I have my doubts.

JaseC

Holy shit, it must be most expensive steam game in our country

New-release "AAA" games have been creeping up in price over the past year or so on Steam RU but I didn't think R* would be brazen enough to double 2K's price for Borderlands: TPS and CivBE (1199 RUB). I honestly believe the bigger publishers are aiming for price parity but want to see just how much they can get away with before pre-order figures drop like a rock (obviously price parity is unrealistic) -- 2500 RUB is already more than half the US price.

But SteamDB said there were 3 tiers?

Tier 2 will come into effect February 1st. It's a lesser tier with less stuff (presumably no $300k bonus cash). Tier 3 will be gimped further still and presumably just contain San Andreas.

JaseC

Khronico

Saints Row 4 is... decent. I played about 2 hours of it last night cause of the free weekend. Probably the only reason I didn't just drop it out of boredom was the superpowers stuff. I'm not really a fan of the humor in SR3 but SR4 went so far beyond that it elicited a chuckle or two outta me. That entire 50's sitcom section was brilliant.

I'm not interested enough to play it anymore but it was better than I expected.

The world needs more open world games with fun superpowers.

Fuck, GTAV is $60 in South America. I thought it was going to get the usual Rockstar discount we have (25% off) :(

That discount died sometime ago, sadly.

Cheapest place for us is finding a Brazilian person willing to trade it for $40 or something like that (it's $38 and change there)

Dr Dogg

Well I think I might be a liiiiittle crazy.
9sZjo1g.png

Still I did say to myself 'only buy 5 games this year' and now that 3 down on the list with only one of the AC's and Arkham Knight to go. Of course seeing as the year is barely 2 weeks old I better be fucking strong willed not to go spending crazy like every other year.

Also as a plus point I forgot that reward tier games, if you already own them, give you a dupe in your inventory. So I've got a butchered copy of San Andreas with missing tracks and kneecapped resolutions options to foist on someone!

dex3108

Well I think I might be a liiiiittle crazy.

Still I did say to myself 'only buy 5 games this year' and now that 3 down on the list with only one of the AC's and Arkham Knight to go. Of course seeing as the year is barely 2 weeks old I better be fucking strong willed not to go spending crazy like every other year.

Also as a plus point I forgot that reward tier games, if you already own them, give you a dupe in your inventory. So I've got a butchered copy of San Andreas with missing tracks and kneecapped resolutions options to foist on someone!

Why? :(

Phawx

My Let's Play of Space Beast Terror Fright

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxoCpw9JLJw

Quick Impressions: This game is on Greenlight right now. It's a FPS Alienslike Roguelike. Procedurally generated levels and permadeath. The levels are grid based. You need to get all the datacores to get your upgrades and do X before you can escape. Pretty scary. First LP that I had a webcam on. Figure it's a horror game.​

My Let's Play of Pushcat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx1a5jLAzlY

Quick Impressions: Excellent mashup. Sokoban + Match Three. I'm super burned out on Match3s but when there are additional mechanics on top of the game, I'll play them. Objective it to match 3 (or 4 of 5) to get coins. But instead of just moving individual tiles around, you move entire rows or small subsets. Coins and the character impede falling blocks which is where some of the tricky parts come in.

So you can collect coins but then doing so means blocks fall behind you as you collect more, thus trapping you and having a fail state. Alternatively, other levels have chasms that colored blocks can fall through, so just pushing blocks haphazardly will result in not getting enough coins to unlock the level. Another fail state.

There isn't that much to the music, but what is there is nice and loops well. Really enjoyed this puzzle game.​

My Let's Play of JumpJet Rex:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rTteCqHmcU

Quick Impressions: This Early Access game is for NES fans. Megaman inspired parts here and there as well as Battle Toads. Jumpjet Rex plays like neither of them. It's along the lines of a skill-based platformer but with a heavy NES platforming mindframe. Local Multi available only right now. Animation work is SUPERB and Music is pretty damn good as well.​

I only have a single code for Jumpjet Rex to giveaway. I'll do it 3PM Eastern

UncleO

Lara C. and the Guardian of Light and Portal 2 (not sure if the PC version has splitscreen).

Already have Portal 2 on PS3

Trine 2. It's fun to break things.

I always go over that one when going through my library

Rayman Legends and Origins for sure.

Ill have to try them out.

Castle Crashers

We already beat it several times over on the XB360.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Phawx

Don't encourage them :(

It broke seven Guinness World Records on 8 October: best-selling video game in 24 hours, best-selling action-adventure video game in 24 hours, highest grossing video game in 24 hours, fastest entertainment property to gross $1 billion, fastest video game to gross $1 billion, highest revenue generated by an entertainment product in 24 hours, and most viewed trailer for an action-adventure video game. A digital version was released on 18 October for the Xbox 360, which went on to become the highest grossing day-one and week-one release on Xbox Live. As of August 2014, the game has sold-in over 34 million units to retailers for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. As of May 2014, the game has generated over $1.98 billion in revenue.

UncleO

I think Battleblock has couch co-op. Check that out if you haven't already!

yes it does, I already own that one. As i transition to PC as my primary gaming solution I must admit i miss the ability to sit with my wife/son/friends and play a game together. Right now it is my only knock on PC gaming.

dex3108

It broke seven Guinness World Records on 8 October: best-selling video game in 24 hours, best-selling action-adventure video game in 24 hours, highest grossing video game in 24 hours, fastest entertainment property to gross $1 billion, fastest video game to gross $1 billion, highest revenue generated by an entertainment product in 24 hours, and most viewed trailer for an action-adventure video game. A digital version was released on 18 October for the Xbox 360, which went on to become the highest grossing day-one and week-one release on Xbox Live. As of August 2014, the game has sold-in over 34 million units to retailers for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. As of May 2014, the game has generated over $1.98 billion in revenue.

I meant on PC. But we all know that GTA is must have for many people so they don't care if it is year and a half old game. :D

Knurek

Chronicles of a Dark Lord II will be released today.

Still no keys for Indie Royale Debut 9 buyers, which had Chronicles of a Dark Lord I. Which has been released almost a month ago. Let me repeat that, still no keys. I've (and a few other people judging by the Steam forum for the game) emailed Desura about the game. A week ago. Not even a stock 'we're working on it' response.

(Morale of the story? Stay the fuck away from Indie Royale Debut bundles)

yes it does, I already own that one. As i transition to PC as my primary gaming solution I must admit i miss the ability to sit with my wife/son/friends and play a game together. Right now it is my only knock on PC gaming.

Say wha? There are tonnes of games that allow you to do that on PC...

Maniac

Banned
Hey boys, does anyone have any idea what the cheapest place to get Dying Light is? I'd have gotten it from Russia, but they have a different sub (it has a 4-pack, yo), I remember someone linking one that was reasonably cheap, but I can't really remember where, and IsThereAnyDeal doesn't seem to have it either.

I believe the price was in pounds if that helps any, ofcourse I don't actually know if it's the cheapest around, but it's the cheapest I've seen.

Halpo!

Monooboe

Damn I was really of hoping GTAV really would be Steamworks, so regret kind of ordering a physical copy... though, it was "only" 39 euros so I will let the order stay.

Jawmuncher

Beat Lara Croft and the temple of Osiris.
Not bad but oh man it sure ain't worth that 20 price tag they tried to push. I bought it with south park on uplay so it came out to 10 for each. 10 for it is pretty fair. Solo it only took me two hours to beat the story. But like the first it would have been much more fun had I played coop. Wonder if the season pass stuff will actually be meaty. Might actually consider getting it on sale.

UncleO

Say wha? There are tonnes of games that allow you to do that on PC...

Which is why i posed the question earlier on what some of the best/better ones are. I know they are out there but its such a chore trying to sift through steam and what not trying to find the gems.

JaseC

Resident Evil remaster preload is up.
Saints Row: Gat out of Hell too.

4 days for the former and 6ish days for the latter. It's nice to see some generous pre-load periods for a change. The worst offender is by far Bethesda with Wolf14 -- the pre-load period didn't begin until after the game unlocked in AU/NZ. Thanks for nothing!

Dr Dogg

Don't encourage them :(

To be honest you could see it as a damned if you do, damned if you don't outcome. Buy it day one and that could potentially send a message to Rockstar that pissing about for a year and a half for a PC release is a-ok. Don't buy it day one but pick it up at a discount or don't buy it at all and it could be seen that Rockstar should focus on consoles as a platform as the game essentially funded itself and its marketing in a day and a whole host of other permutations including high pricing, too much DRM, not double/triple dipping etc. Either way none of those alone sends a clear message and I get the feeling most publishers tend to filter out most customer and potential customer criticisms about their business practices to what really suits them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom