• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-D79C9E91058B5D34 - Taken by 7Sins - Taken by pahamrick

Sarcasm

How come my evolve beta thing won't unload? Its preloaded.

Also some game has been stuck updating (says ti should be done)

Have be persistent since rebooting doesn't fix this.

Why the heck is Kokoro all oiled up?
Gonna work on a tan while fighting?

I forgot what my original post was going to be about. =(
Probably GTA5-related.

pahamrick

I already own this, so here for someone who doesn't.

Thanks Mystery GIver!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (pahamrick, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Racer 8 -- MB-D79C9E91058B5D34 - Taken by 7Sins

That's the best way! I played Demons Souls with looking up a wiki and in hindsight I think it was a bad idea. I didn't find secrets or cool weapons on my own :/ Sure, I didn't miss on lots of stuff but doing it on my own would have been much more rewarding.

Oh, that sucks. Most of the time, I'll only use wiki/guide if I don't care about the single player portion of a game, like the later Pokemon games. But I'll make sure I don't do that for Dark Souls, despite any frustration.

I am as well currently playing Dark Souls 1 for the first time and this time I didn't look up any wikis. It is soooo much more rewarding and fun this way. I did miss out on whole ares for hours but finding them in the end made it so much more great :)

That must be a great feeling :) This is what I want to experience. I'm sure I'll miss out a lot but still. BTW, will I run into issues if I play this offline? I don't want any multiplayer stuff.

bigzgod

Looks like the only way to get it on Steam is to buy it directly from Steam.

Disappointing to hear but not surprised. I was expecting this ever since the news broke that retail copies weren't including steam keys. I'm more concerned now about what the drm actually entails, since the wording in the system requirements is somewhat foreboding.

Miguel81

That must be a great feeling :) This is what I want to experience. I'm sure I'll miss out a lot but still. BTW, will I run into issues if I play this offline? I don't want any multiplayer stuff.

The messaging system comes in handy since some locations are difficult to find, and that's one of the better additions of the online functionality and no shame in using it imo. I went in blind myself, but did partake in some co-op play, and won/lost a few invasion battles :/

The messaging system comes in handy since some locations are difficult to find, and that's one of the better additions of the online functionality and no shame in using it imo. I went in blind myself, but did partake in some co-op play, and won/lost a few invasion battles :/

Oh, I had no idea. Thanks for the heads-up!

Miletius

Damn.

Glad I got it on PS3. Looks like I'll be waiting a while for the superior version.

Sameish (bought it on 360). I was fine playing it but there but I'm in no rush to get it on the PC.

On another note, Beyond Earth has been compelling to me so far. Thinking about pulling the trigger on it. I've heard it had issues though, what do people generally not like about it?

I've been saving this for about half a year and now I'm just sad

1hGccXd.png

I'm now thinking the delay might be in part because they wanted to set up their own distribution service and all.

Phawx

I've been saving this for about half a year and now I'm just sad

1hGccXd.png

I'm now thinking the delay might be in part because they wanted to set up their own distribution service and all.

Social Club has been necessary to go on GTA Online for over a year.

Social Club has been necessary to go on GTA Online for over a year.

Social Club has been around for a while but to my knowledge this is the first time they are using it as an actual content distribution service. That has to be a pretty huge undertaking to set up for the first time.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I don't know how many ways Rockstar can tell you people to fuck off.

Take a hint already, gang.

Nabs

Steam gets a pre-load before release, so you can play it sometime this year.

Grand Theft Auto V for PC will be available for pre-load prior to release.

dex3108

Rewards are up

PRE-PURCHASE BY FEBRUARY 1 AND GET $1,000,000 IN-GAME PLUS A BONUS $300,000 AND A BONUS GAME
Pre-purchase and get $1,000,000 in-game ($500,000 for Grand Theft Auto V and $500,000 for Grand Theft Auto Online).

Pre-purchase by February 1 and get a bonus $300,000 for Grand Theft Auto Online and a bonus digital download of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas on PC.

Grand Theft Auto V for PC will be available for pre-load prior to release.

Nabs

$38.07 in Brazil at least. I haven't kept up with all the trading changes, so I don't know if it means anything.

FloatOn

having played through gta5 on ps3 like a pleb saves me the frustration of having to wait for it and having to potentially upgrade to play it decently.

I feel for you guys. If you haven't played it yet you are in for a treat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom