• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Thanks. That sucks. Guess I'll wait for the inevitable $1 sale or bundle. Was hoping to buy it now, as a nice complement to the Humble Brawler Bundle, but nope, not gonna reward lazy ass DotEmu with my money. They're awful in every way.

Thank you for your impressions, Nabs. Much appreciated! Is Nuuvem just another PC storefront, or is it something else?

Yeah, it's a legit online store, but it's from Brazil so some products might be region restricted. It should say on the store page whenever that's the case.

I recommend checking the DD steam forum to see what others think.

titch

not to be a turd
but i know im totally going to sound like a turd
, but making a list of your awesome deals is frowned upon around here as they add nothing of significance to the conversation.

you can post deals that you find as that's helpful to some who might be interested, but most people don't care what cool purchases one's made lately.

and even if you do post some deals, people might still ignore you. there's someone named Surftur or something who trades in that and people ignore him/her all of the time. poor guy/gal.

Cheers, ive edited my post and wont make that mistake again - still pretty new here.

I wasn't intending to brag about the price just that it was funny I was talking about getting it and literally after that same post I got an email through about it going on sale

Sorry guys.

Cheers, ive edited my post and wont make that mistake again - still pretty new here.

I wasn't intending to brag about the price just that it was funny I was talking about getting it and literally after that same post I got an email through about it going on sale

Sorry guys.

You can stuff your sorries in a sack, mister.

**Posting deals you find is helpful to me. I appreciate it.

Sorry guys.

no need to apologize, just trying to stop bad habits from forming!

I actually do care about deals.

so do i! the last line was just poking fun at that person (i think their name was Surfster?)

titch

GaussTek

Even because is pointless leaving out Ys II (if you played Ys I, you own Ys 2 too, at least on Steam).

Is a much better game, improved in all forms (even the bump system is improved).

I have no problem on playing old jrpgs so graphics etc don't affect me, but this game really feels like a "modern" title. I never played the original, so I can't do a comparison, but is a fast game, with no boring sections at all, all the content is very well done, and you want check all out.

And, the soundtrack is glorious, both modern and old, but I liked a lot the new remixed tunes. Had some in my head for a few days:

http://youtu.be/5_zoeLNxPec
http://youtu.be/4pzz7buCRyM

also, there's no shame in using a wiki to play dark souls. I used one occasionally if i got lost and didn't know where to go next (so many 3-4 times over +40 hours) and to upgrade weapons because the game doesn't explain jack shit about that and i wasn't going to needlessly dump souls into something without having an end game in mind.

all this dark souls talk makes me miss my lightning zweihander : (

Agreed. No one should feel ashamed for using a wiki. Even with some guidance, you still need to actually get through it.

Dammit, now I'm going to have to go home and play some Dark Souls.

You can give glasses to every female character.

...oh no....

dex3108

Look at this GMG price XD

B7fCq_rCQAAilMF.jpg:large

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ba/en/pc/games/action/grand-theft-auto-v-row/

P.S. You will get Social Club code.

Backlogger

there's someone named Surftur or something who trades in that and people ignore him/her all of the time. poor guy/gal.

lol, hey, i like that he and others post deals on the various sites that sell steam keys.

I'm glad I have almost zero interest in GTA.

I have interest, but I will wait a couple years and buy for cheap and play it then. i have more than enough games to keep me busy in the meantime

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
'Other DRM' and 60€. Can't wait to get my preorder in. Almost feel sorry for them since there's little they can do about it.

It still seems weird to me that games like this don't offer Steam keys, considering that doing so costs them absolutely nothing (they don't have to pay Valve anything for the key, as long as the game is also available on Steam).

At the very least it should be an option. Like sure I'll sign up for your shitty "social club" or whatever as long as once I'm signed in I can activate the game I purchased and redeem a key to play the game on my platform of choice.

Does the Social Club give Steam codes? Or is it only possible to get the Steam version by buying on Steam?

Looks like the only way to get it on Steam is to buy it directly from Steam.

Nabs

'Other DRM' and 60€. Can't wait to get my preorder in. Almost feel sorry for them since there's little they can do about it.

Hey man, I'm sick of all your whining. Just suck it up and pre-order, or don't complain when you don't get RDR2 18 months after release.

Arthea

I'll $5 GTA5 about 5 years from now, you can bookmark this post
and then not gonna play it anyway because of them DRMs (><)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Still waiting and it's looking like 2018 here. It's a ridiculous situation as the government is giving grants to councils who primarily have poorly connected rural areas but to qualify they have to have a certain number of dwellings per telephone exchange to be considered which puts me shit out of luck as we're not near another an exchange in a profitable area or in an area considered to be entitled to a grant. My phone is faster than my fixed line broadband.

If it's any consolation, I'd been waiting almost 2.5 years until I actually saw that lovely fluro-green fibre being hauled. My area was flagged as Construction Commenced all the way back in September 2012, but under the previous government's definition an area was flagged as such as soon as the local council had approved the construction work -- no actual work started being done until last April or so and my area actually fell off the rollout map for about six months due to a terminology change (now an area is flagged as Build Commenced when the actual fibre installations begin).

Edit: RE: GTAV: At least R* has finally left GameShield behind.

Aww, thanks for all the replies. I'll probably wait until it's on sale. After all, I still need to play GTA 1-4!! I hope I don't somehow get tempted by whatever pre-order offer shows up.

that just means that they're not gonna drop that steam price any time soon. goddamn it, rockstar, but i guess i gotta respect their game.

It will go live today.

So now it is official R* is pushing their Digital Download Service.

wonder how long it'll remain Rockstar's service. I'm sure Take two is going to take a close look at those social club numbers when they start prepping their next major game for sale.

Arthea

That's why PC has no game.
I would survive without this particular game or any Rockstar game tbh, just fine.
Well... I still want RDR but not a bad port at 60€ price years later.
I hope for steamgaf sanity sake that it is a good port that not all kind of DRM infested, tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom