• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khronico

Gat Out of Hell is still 5 on gamestops site and for some reason I'm thinking about getting it. I don't much care for SR3 or 4 yet here I am, considering it.

What is wrong with me?

Gat Out of Hell is still 5 on gamestops site and for some reason I'm thinking about getting it. I don't much care for SR3 or 4 yet here I am, considering it.

What is wrong with me?

You can try to do an order (doesn't hurt anything) but the odds of it being honored are slim to none as of now. A lot of people are waiting to see what happens.

Khronico

You can try to do an order (doesn't hurt anything) but the odds of it being honored are slim to none as of now. A lot of people are waiting to see what happens.

larry-david-awkward.gif

The legs looked kinda ridiculous while strafing anyway (strafing really makes no sense at all but that's video games for you) so I guess that doesn't mean losing much compared to puking every 15 minutes.

I never thought to look down whilst strafing. Yeah, I bet that must look weird. Anyway, I happily left them behind and played most the game at 75 (or 90, I forget).

I can't believe it's still up at that price. As you say, it almost certainly won't be honoured given the number of people that must have ordered it by now.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I kinda wish there are lego building games in Steam
I just want them to release the tool that was made and used for the movie, it's pretty amazing.

That should apply to every game to be honest. Pre-ordering in this day and age is a fool's errand.
Depends on the preorder bonuses, as a few games have some that won't be available later (like REmake HD's artwork and soundtrack).

You guys all make me a sad, sad Turf.
Don't worry, I have no intention to buy GTAV until it hits 75% off or so
because I already got it on PS4
Kudos to R* for actually pricing the game cheaper than the US though (but still more expensive than Brazil :/ )

Any difference between Saints Row IV: Game of the Century Edition and normal Saints Row IV?
GotC has all the DLC included save for the Child's Play one, but that one is no longer available anyway.

Knurek

The Win10 hype thread is scary...

GFWL is honestly pretty much exactly what I want. Just with much better features and ZERO of the bull shit execution.

I'm all for GFWL 2.0 as long as its a genuinely good product.

GFWL was ok. It should have been integrated into the OS, though. It was also really annoying regarding online connectivity.

They need to carry over a lot of their Xbox OS design philosophies and make it so everything doesn't feel like it's running a separate app. If I hook up an Xbox controller, pressing the guide button should act like the Windows 8 start key where it loads up an Xbox like interface where all your friends are listed and your games are accessible.

I know that "recommended" requirements these days are pretty much ignored by everyone but I'm trying to figure out if I'd be able to run Dying Light well at 1080p on High at least. The specs say i5-4670K/R9 290/8 GB RAM is what is recommended. I have i5-4690K/R9 290X/8 GB RAM. Am I safe with that setup as far as running smoothly on High?

Jawmuncher

Want to play a new game however I need something that I can beat in 2 days.
Since I don't want to start anything I won't finish by the 20th when a bunch of stuff comes out. But looking at all my games. The only stuff beatable in that time frame are VNs and I just finished 2 of those back to back so I need a break. This is where it would be useful if I actually played MP games.

derExperte

I know that "recommended" requirements these days are pretty much ignored by everyone but I'm trying to figure out if I'd be able to run Dying Light well at 1080p on High at least. The specs say i5-4670K/R9 290/8 GB RAM is what is recommended. I have i5-4690K/R9 290X/8 GB RAM. Am I safe with that setup as far as running smoothly on High?

Dying Light is from Technland and uses the Dead Island engine. Thus nothing is safe, expect jank galore. Do not preorder, wait for benchmarks.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
It really is.
Having said that, given what MS has done with regards to .NET, I'm really hopeful a GFWL2.0 does NOT happen (I expect that at worst, the Games app turns into an Xbox app that allows streaming from the XBone)

EDIT:
I bought the Century version in November and the Child's Play DLC was included in the list of DLC it gave me access to.
Oh, good to know, I thought it was removed to never return.
Then the GotC edition is definitely complete :D

That is insane.

I just hope games will use less and less other drm than steam (best including steam but better be realistic :/). It's not about them working or not (that is important of course) but more about being able to play the game in the future.

I don't believe Social Club, Denuvo or most other drm will be functional in the future and how will we be able to play the games then? Just like GFWL nowadays ruins many games - even if only certain portions, MP etc.
It really is.
Having said that, given what MS has done with regards to .NET, I'm really hopeful a GFWL2.0 does NOT happen (I expect that at worst, the Games app turns into an Xbox app that allows streaming from the XBone)
What happened with .NET ?

There was a bit of a mixup yesterday, and the person who won La-Mulana couldn't claim it, so I'm giving it away again.

A bit of a warning though, this game is hard as hell, both the combat and the puzzles. But it's a game I could not pull myself away from, so it's definitely worth it if you can put up with a bit (okay, a lot) of frustration.
The music in the two videos is so freaking awesome! People go listen to them on its storepage.
Reminds me of Spelunky kinda but with more charming pixel visuals and super, super charming music.
-
Can anyone help me with getting the player controls fade away when watching videos on steam storepages, please?
They go away in small view but stay in fullscreen.
It's aggravating -__-

I won Remember Me some time ago in a Modbot raffle and only today did I finally start it. I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. The story is interesting, the world itself has great detail, the graphics are fine, the combat is okay - not quite Arkham or Sleeping Dogs but it tries - but what's with that level design? "Oh, did you see something you can't access from here and want to backtrack? Too freakin' bad." The game pushes you inexorably forward and why? False sense of replayability because it tries to force missables? What's worse is it's those missables are just minor branches on a path so linear they could use it as a field sobriety test.

I'm at the beginning of chapter 4 right now, and I will finish it, but it just makes you want to shake the developers and say 'You made an awesome world! Why did you reduce it to a series of corridors?" Disappointing.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh, good to know, I thought it was removed to never return.
Then the GotC edition is definitely complete :D

The individual purchase option was removed from Steam (albeit a little later than planned) but Deep Silver never bothered to take it down elsewhere and it later showed up in the Ultimate Franchise Pack (and more recently the GOTC Edition). The DLC being a "limited time only" thing was one big lie, really.

Knurek

I'm at the beginning of chapter 4 right now, and I will finish it, but it just makes you want to shake the developers and say 'You made an awesome world! Why did you reduce it to a series of corridors?" Disappointing.

Cost cutting measure? HD assets ain't cheap.
Also, have fun with the fighting when the enemies who hurt you back start showing up.
(And thank god you don't have an ATI card. Game was almost unplayable for me on my old computer - kept stuttering on level load and during the fights, including a few second pauses here and there. Not sure whether caused by dual core CPU or PhysX, but still immensely immersion breaking).

tmarg

The music in the two videos is so freaking awesome! People go listen to them on its storepage.
Reminds me of Spelunky kinda but with more charming pixel visuals and super, super charming music.
-
Can anyone help me with getting the player controls fade away when watching videos on steam storepages, please?
They go away in small view but stay in fullscreen.
It's aggravating -__-

The entire soundtrack is great. It's three disks long too. Spelunky was heavily influenced by the original la-mulana, so it's not surprising that they look similar.

Turfster

(And thank god you don't have an ATI card. Game was almost unplayable for me on my old computer - kept stuttering on level load and during the fights, including a few second pauses here and there. Not sure whether caused by dual core CPU or PhysX, but still immensely immersion breaking).

That... never happened on my 5850.

Also, have fun with the fighting when the enemies who hurt you back start showing up.

I had an ATI card at the time I won it. Makes me wonder what I'd think about it had I actually played it in a timely fashion, or if it would have actually affected me the same way.

This pretty much covers my problems with GTAV. (Has some "plot" spoilers)

Pretty much how I feel about the game, very well spoken. I couldn't have said it as eloquently. Especially the bit about Saints Row. Saints Row owns how dumb it is, and it only improves the experience. GTA... Is just boring. "Oh ho ho, look at how edgy and immature we are! It's funny, guys!" The shitty characters and stories are lost on the otherwise fantastic world and mechanics. That's why any Saints Row is a million times better than any GTA. That's why I returned my copy of GTAV, but I'm still excited about Saints Row.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/271590/discussions/0/616199347862671716/

Found this, has been posted yet?

EDIT: Rockstar modus operandi related, at least it seems so.

Oh man, the R* fanboys in that thread are so hilariously stupid. It doesn't surprise me in the least that the place might be a total shithole, but those fanboys... "Rockstar can do no wrong!"

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Oh man, the R* fanboys in that thread are so hilariously stupid. It doesn't surprise me in the least that the place might be a total shithole, but those fanboys... "Rockstar can do no wrong!"

Sounds like Naughty Dog fans when you analyze it.

Sajjaja

Never happened to me on my 260x but I didn't make it far either. But still, no stuttering or problems here.

L.O.R.D

just finished my first game in 2015

its shantae and the pirate's curse

yah , and its the first shantae game i ever played , not sure how i gonna play the old one
the downgrade

anyway , i had tons of fun , maybe the best platformed i ever played in long time
clever puzzles and puns every where
and good backtracking to get every thing
i'll give it 9.5 out of 10

i hope they release it on steam ( but i don't think it will be soon )

dex3108

Did i miss anything interesting today SteamGAF? I was updating over 600 URL links on one forum today (don't ask why XD) and that was really long and boring process :D

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

yah , and its the first shantae game i ever played , not sure how i gonna play the old one
the downgrade

anyway , i had tons of fun , maybe the best platformed i ever played in long time

The old games are also great but slower.

X05

What happened with .NET ?
In early November MS held an event called "Connect();" where they had some workshops and also would talk about the future versions of VS and .NET. They made several announcements that were great for the dev community, but a couple were mindblowing in general:
- Cross-platform mobile development in VS (via Cordova, but means that you can do apps for WP, Android and iOS now)
- .NET core is now open source.
- .NET will be available officially on *nix and OSX.

The individual purchase option was removed from Steam (albeit a little later than planned) but Deep Silver never bothered to take it down elsewhere and it later showed up in the Ultimate Franchise Pack (and more recently the GOTC Edition). The DLC being a "limited time only" thing was one big lie, really.
That is kinda weird, I guess they forgot or don't care.

In early November MS held an event called "Connect();" where they had some workshops and also would talk about the future versions of VS and .NET. They made several announcements that were great for the dev community, but a couple were mindblowing in general:
- Cross-platform mobile development in VS (via Cordova, but means that you can do apps for WP, Android and iOS now)
- .NET core is now open source.
- .NET will be available officially on *nix and OSX.

That is kinda weird, I guess they forgot or don't care.

Oh, wow, I wasn't following this but those seem to be great news! Awesome move by Microsoft.

titch

A bit of a warning though, this game is hard as hell, both the combat and the puzzles. But it's a game I could not pull myself away from, so it's definitely worth it if you can put up with a bit (okay, a lot) of frustration.

Picked this up in the winter sale and i can see how it could grab you in.

How did you find the controls, the jump mechanic take a bit of getting used to, you just have to be a little more thoughtful than some other games.

the downgrade

Really annoys when they jump platform(no pun intended) for a series - looks like there is a fourth in the works too, listed as a windows release - hopefully the third will get the same treatment.

Monooboe

I just saw Fury and damn it really does make me realize that I would like a new well made WW2 game. Give me Hidden & Dangerous 3 and I would be hysterically happy.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Proxy Blade Zero -- MB-B80DA75C7A864A6D - Taken by pahamrick. 7 entrants total.

t1421626110z1.png

wilflare

Ordered this for streaming games to my living room at £60/$90 it's hard to beat.

Pipo X7: £60/$90
fkGehxR.jpg

Windows 8.1 with Bing
32GB Onboard Flash
Quad Core Intel Atom Baytrail at 2.16Ghz
2GB RAM
LAN PORT
4 USB port, uses micro AC to charge, has MMC slot

do update :O
hope it comes with Gigabit and does 1080p60 streaming without a hitch

I just saw Fury and damn it really does make me realize that I would like a new well made WW2 game. Give me Hidden & Dangerous 3 and I would be hysterically happy.

A new Hidden and Dangerous game would be amazing, I still remember the first one fondly.

How was Fury? It's on theaters here, so I'd been planning on going.

ModBot 2

Not a Mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Deitus, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Deitus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

La-Mulana -- MB-587E496440E94818 - Taken by Naked Snake. 20 entrants total.

t1421628817z1.png

Maniac

Banned
Dying Light is from Technland and uses the Dead Island engine. Thus nothing is safe, expect jank galore. Do not preorder, wait for benchmarks.

... Are you sure? I thought it was on the new iteration of their engine, the one used for Hellraid..?

Ofcourse, it'd be a derivative of the DI engine, but a lot can happen in 3-ish years. :p

Monooboe

A new Hidden and Dangerous game would be amazing, I still remember the first one fondly.

How was Fury? It's on theaters here, so I'd been planning on going.

I remember loving the first H&D even though it was a buggy mess, like CTD crashing every 10 minutes... oh my patience back then, playing thru the whole game like that.XD Second one was so much better in that regard.:D

I really liked Fury, very much worth a watch, more so if you like WW2 movies.

I remember loving the first H&D even though it was a buggy mess, like CTD crashing every 10 minutes... oh my patience back then, playing thru the whole game like that.XD Second one was so much better in that regard.:D

I really liked Fury, very much worth a watch, more so if you like WW2 movies.

Yeah, the second H&D was a technical marvel compared to the first. Looks really good even today, the Mafia engine holds up pretty well.

Thanks for the recommendation, gonna go this week then.

So, I tested out Dark Souls for a bit today. Thanks for all the advice, Nabs and others.

So, do I always change graphics settings from DSFix.ini and never change them in-game? I'll need to familiarise myself with some of these settings.

derExperte

... Are you sure? I thought it was on the new iteration of their engine, the one used for Hellraid..?

Ofcourse, it'd be a derivative of the DI engine, but a lot can happen in 3-ish years. :p

Sure, it's a new version but the PS4 videos from last week showed tons of graphical issues and everything felt mostly like DI. Maybe it'll run great on PC and all the countless problems of their old games are now fixed. But I won't bet one zombie brain on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom