• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExoSoul

Banned
Saoirse-Ronan-on-the-Graham-Norton-Show-Gifs-saoirse-ronan-33884572-160-160.gif
Broken image for me so I wouldn't know xD

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Might I suggest better RPGs for you to try?

(Each word a different game)

Valkyria Chronicles, Trails in the Sky, and Might and Magic X are all at the top of my "to play" list at the moment. I played some Divinity and will probably pick that up again soon. Aarklash: Legacy seems cool what little I played, but I found the combat to be a bit on the frustrating side.

I've gotta finish at least 52 games this year and I plan on probably half of them being RPG games. Combine that with the fact that I won't have a lot of money to buy very many new games any time soon which means I'm sure I'll get to quite a few of the games on your list.

But my thirst for Final Fantasy is real, and I hear that Final Fantasy XIII-2 is better than XIII which I thought was amazing.

Knurek

But my thirst for Final Fantasy is real, and I hear that Final Fantasy XIII-2 is better than XIII which I thought was amazing.

Well, FFXIII-2 is a tri-Ace game, of course it will be better than FFXIII.
Still think that if you want to play a tri-Ace game, you should wait for Sega to bring Resonance of Fate to Steam.
(Or Squeenix to port the PSP version of Valkyrie Profile).

Blu(e)

Still think that if you want to play a tri-Ace game, you should wait for Sega to bring Resonance of Fate to Steam.
(Or Squeenix to port the PSP version of Valkyria Profile).

Was this announced or is this wishful thinking?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
(Or Squeenix to port the PSP version of Valkyria Profile).

Somehow I didn't realize FFXIII-2 was tri-Ace, which makes me want to play it even more. Star Ocean and Valkyrie Profile were both amazing series (especially in the PS1 era) that I hold near and dear. I also thought Infinite Undiscovery was excellent on the 360 - why was this game never brought to PC?

That pretty much settles it then...

Beelzebubs

Valkyria Chronicles, Trails in the Sky, and Might and Magic X are all at the top of my "to play" list at the moment. I played some Divinity and will probably pick that up again soon. Aarklash: Legacy seems cool what little I played, but I found the combat to be a bit on the frustrating side.

I've gotta finish at least 52 games this year and I plan on probably half of them being RPG games. Combine that with the fact that I won't have a lot of money to buy very many new games any time soon which means I'm sure I'll get to quite a few of the games on your list.

Half of which are going to be RPG's? When will you sleep man!

jshackles

Half of which are going to be RPG's? When will you sleep man!

I had a pretty good go at it in 2014. A lot of these were RPG games that took 20+ hours or more to beat. I think I'm probably just crazy, honestly.

I usually sleep when I'm not at work, gaming, being a dad, or coding. So pretty much never.

I'm playing it now, and it's a very good game, nothing to spare with XIII.
I'm liking the plot involving time travels, even if it's confusing from time to time. The gameplay is very good: basically the combat system from XIII with a lot of side-quests to do, NPC to talk with (even if they all seem lifeless), a lot of chests and optional stuff to grab.
It's a very good game.

Sounds fantastic! I'm almost ashamed to admit that I've owned this on the PS3 for years but never even opened it because I never finished FFXIII before now.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
RPG's, a job, family man, and guardian of Enhanced Steam?

Yeah, you're crazy. I barely made it having a job and going to college.

autoduelist

Need help analyzing what just happened.

I just spent the night setting up my party for Wasteland 2. I'd just finished up, and was going through all 4 'exporting' them so I'd have them. On 3 out of 4, after I saved, my character's portrait turned into a X... I opened up another character, and... lo and behold, another X. (I'm using custom portraits from a pack).

So at this point I figure it's just having issues reading the image files for some reason, whatever. Try to quit, it freezes up. Force quit.

And then I try to boot again from steam, but now Steam is downloading WL2 stuff instead of letting me boot. I checked downloads and it doesn't list anything, but I see the progress bar next to the game in my library.

It's been going for about 5 minutes, chugging along at 50-60KBs, about halfway done.

So... I don't really care too much why WL2 crashed. That happens. But what's up with Steam downloading stuff? Does Steam recognize file corruption and auto-fix files? The fact that it's doing this immediately after such an odd error is odd... is it what caused the problem, or is a result of the problem, or is it coincidence?

So uh, wish me luck...

Mea28z7.png

Also, I just wanna put this out there, I just finished watching Edge of Tomorrow for the whateverth time, and if you haven't watched it, you should. It's the best non-video game, video game movie you'll ever see.

Irkalla... Just damn.

Neato, I hadn't heard of this. I just looked it up, not a whole lot to see, but I'm a sucker for pixel art, and mechs, so I'll definitely keep an eye on this one.

Sini

And then I try to boot again from steam, but now Steam is downloading WL2 stuff instead of letting me boot. I checked downloads and it doesn't list anything, but I see the progress bar next to the game in my library.

It's been going for about 5 minutes, chugging along at 50-60KBs, about halfway done.

So... I don't really care too much why WL2 crashed. That happens. But what's up with Steam downloading stuff? Does Steam recognize file corruption and auto-fix files? The fact that it's doing this immediately after such an odd error is odd... is it what caused the problem, or is a result of the problem, or is it coincidence?
That was Steam uploading your save to the cloud.

Chariot

I don't have the nostalgia since I didn't play all that much video games when I were young, but I like Shovel Knight. It gives me the good kind of rage, where I am not angry about bugs or not working game mechanics, but myself for fucking up. It really hurts my pride that I am losing so much gold every level and I am punching my desk in anger, but it's still fun. In a way.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Zafehouse Diaries -- MB-D3E3B18A1399F180 - Taken by The_Monk
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-7DAA0070300D71D5 - Taken by Blu(e)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wooohooo! Just found out that you can play Left4Dead 2 in splitscreen mode! :D Off to a great time!

When Valve patched in official splitscreen support for Portal 2 I figured other Source games would follow, but nope.

Does the beta have wallet gifting yet?

Wallet fund gifting is going to be handled through Steam Community, not the client itself.

Purkake4

Banned
I want this. Now.

There was another awesome game I discovered like 6 months ago, still in development. Unfortunately, that's all I remember about it, can't even remember genre. Just this nagging feeling with absolutely no lead/clue/hint to start my search. Worst feeling ever.
No hints? Let the GAF hivemind help you out.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sounds nifty, but that's, like, one more reason for criminals to phish people's accounts.

I assume the feature will be introduced alongside more security measures for user inventories. Steam Guard authentication to confirm gifts/trades seems like the obvious candidate.

Knurek

Is there a PC equivalent of Etrian Odyssey games?
I mean a dungeon blobber with in build manual mapping? I don't really want to alt-tab to Excel each step taken.

Also, come on, Squeenix, time for a Steam release:

pcsx2-r58752014-02-23b0pxl.png

The game still looks better than 90% of curgen games...

Is there a PC equivalent of Etrian Odyssey games?
I mean a dungeon blobber with in build manual mapping? I don't really want to alt-tab to Excel each step taken.

Also, come on, Squeenix, time for a Steam release:

pcsx2-r58752014-02-23b0pxl.png

The game still looks better than 90% of curgen games...

I'm expecting a PS4/Xbone exclusive remaster to be announced this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom