• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

A good mech has a toilet built in...

QcB8FCK.gif

I wouldn't try pooping in an Evangelion pilot seat.

You'd have shit floating everywhere. Plus your mother would see.

Tizoc

Yeah some kind of collaboration with AGDQ.
I expect that Escape Goat 2 will be part of it.

lol I got EG2 for $4.99 during the sale, but hey good games are worth whatever you pay for them ;P

For that matter, gotta go check when the first game will be streamed =X

It was one of my favorite games that was released last year on Steam. I only ever made it through chapter 6 on the PS3 version, so releasing on Steam was the kick in the pants I needed to get started on it again. The last half of the game was SOO much better than the first half, in my opinion. I have 42 hours in the game now (it took me about 35 hours to finish the main game) and I absolutely loved it. If you're a Final Fantasy fan and you haven't played XIII yet, now is the time.

I'm working on wishing it up now. Trolling through Gran Pulse and I think I'm going to skip all the side content for now and just iron out the rest of the story.

I wonder how many people have voted for STEAM's GOTY. I haven't seen people's lists. I didn't show mine, but there were others posting theirs initially.

Last count I saw MRORANGE said there were about 70 votes.

chunk3rvd

Going to try and send my laptop in under the Acer warranty scheme this week. If they agree to repair it I'm just after tips on how I can retain as much of my Steam stuff as possible. My current steam folder is around 160GB but I'm more worried about losing saved games than having to download stuff again. I have an unlimited 10MB/s connection so grabbing games again is no big issue. Never done something like this before so I'm a bit clueless but I was assuming the following:

- start by uninstalling all games I've never played - should eliminate at least half of the folder! :/
- switch on cloud saving for all games that support it and run the game once to ensure my current save is uploaded

Does that sound sensible? If so, then what? I remember people talking about a program to move your steam folder from one drive to another. I have a 300GB USB drive so can I move it to a partition on that then move it back once my laptop is repaired?

Also, anything else I need to watch for outside of the Seam folder? I know my Dark Souls saves are stored in My Documents. Can I just back those up to USB then restore later as well?

Any advice from someone that's done something similar in the past would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Going to try and send my laptop in under the Acer warranty scheme this week. If they agree to repair it I'm just after tips on how I can retain as much of my Steam stuff as possible. My current steam folder is around 160GB but I'm more worried about losing saved games than having to download stuff again. I have an unlimited 10MB/s connection so grabbing games again is no big issue. Never done something like this before so I'm a bit clueless but I was assuming the following:

- start by uninstalling all games I've never played - should eliminate at least half of the folder! :/
- switch on cloud saving for all games that support it and run the game once to ensure my current save is uploaded

Does that sound sensible? If so, then what? I remember people talking about a program to move your steam folder from one drive to another. I have a 300GB USB drive so can I move it to a partition on that then move it back once my laptop is repaired?

Also, anything else I need to watch for outside of the Seam folder? I know my Dark Souls saves are stored in My Documents. Can I just back those up to USB then restore later as well?

Any advice from someone that's done something similar in the past would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Use GameSave Manager to back up your saves (before uninstalling the games), and as for Steam itself, just back up the entire folder once you've trimmed the fat.

If you are mostly worried about savegames you should check out this program
http://www.gamesave-manager.com/

It will automatically detect savegames for most games and back them up, you need to double check though since some smaller games might not be included, so you'd have to add them manually.

GamersGate having a sale? Got these in email from isthereanydeal:

Just Cause 2
$3.75 (-75%) on GamersGate, activates on Steam

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
$1.50 (-75%) on GamersGate, activates on Steam

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2
$1.50 (-75%) on GamersGate, activates on Steam

Thief II: The Metal Age
$1.74 (-75%) on GamersGate, activates on Steam

BioShock Infinite
$7.49 (-75%) on GamersGate, activates on Steam

Hitman Absolution
$6.25 (-75%) on GamersGate, activates on Steam

The_Monk

Happy Sunday my good people! Sun is peeking but it's still quite a bit cold in here, hope everyone is doing okay. Anyone playing any goodies from the sale? I will keep my adventures in RE Revelations along the week and will keep on listening the "Kovac's Rules" in How to Survive.

But today is time for some coffee (it's a Ristretto Ardenza) with a book. :)

i9qEUiRl.jpg

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Armoured Priest, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 51 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Sonic Generations -- MB-208FBB90D27C8E40 - Taken by neotokyo360. 32 entrants total.
Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-7CB644FD97EA1D01 - Taken by Strazyplus. 22 entrants total.
Salambo Battle for Carthage -- MB-BB2A0309DA646B81 - Taken by anastef. 1 entrants total.
World Truck Racing -- MB-A21831C2AEC2924D - Taken by Chreznor. 3 entrants total.
Jagged Alliance Gold -- MB-C95CC3D53D79E3B4 - Taken by ReduxMachine. 8 entrants total.
Coldfire Keep -- MB-AA5A1C2D74CADE8A - Taken by auroragoryalice. 5 entrants total.
Overcast Walden and the Werewolf -- MB-FE0E218211A4A164 - Taken by WinterDemons. 4 entrants total.
Space Hack -- MB-45C43F14AF6E0D7D
Ichi -- MB-3FBF58B685788D98 - Taken by Pranay_. 6 entrants total.
Chompy Chomp Chomp -- MB-69869895460789F4 - Taken by Cth. 3 entrants total.
Evil Quest -- MB-181E4149A291928F - Taken by Renusek. 5 entrants total.
Little racers Street -- MB-D3FEB9506F36524D - Taken by RedFyn. 4 entrants total.
Dracula 3 the Path of the Dragon -- MB-4E0C1667EF094B18 - Taken by Sammichu. 2 entrants total.
Lightfish -- MB-65B0EA6E8367B85E - Taken by Loptous. 2 entrants total.
Dracula the Resurrection -- MB-3AD2C85ED0A60845
Ku Shroud of the Morrigan -- MB-167E928DF122C3FC - Taken by nja. 2 entrants total.
Battle Group 2 -- MB-9DA35240D1C6C434 - Taken by rrvv. 4 entrants total.
Commando jack -- MB-C247EA346BD92853
Retro Pixel Castles -- MB-5F1D9E07A0261B2F - Taken by Popstar. 4 entrants total.
C Rush -- MB-E918F72D4F2589A8 - Taken by Woody Invincible. 2 entrants total.
Rhiannon Curse of the Four Branches -- MB-8665036C78707844 - Taken by Natty1. 4 entrants total.
CONSORTIUM -- MB-34DF74911C3D0E90 - Taken by Catshade. 20 entrants total.
Alpha Kimori -- MB-F2A47ED96869F49C - Taken by fernandes. 3 entrants total.
Return to Mysterious Island 2 -- MB-7D526A408D3DC59E - Taken by maguskain. 2 entrants total.
Ionball 2 -- MB-01A58D7C854D835B
Heileen 2 -- MB-C5110CA38D7B7F4A - Taken by sensoft04. 4 entrants total.
Supreme Commander Gold -- MB-B829FB123CDA93F2 - Taken by <parameter: string>. 7 entrants total.
Kingdom Rush -- MB-777397B573E18819 - Taken by titch. 10 entrants total.
Amerzone the Explorers Legacy -- MB-1C7CF10D410D75DB - Taken by TheMadMan007. 2 entrants total.
Rhythm Destruction -- MB-92BBEE9FD35466DB - Taken by CrunchyFrog. 3 entrants total.
Scourge Outbreak Ambrosia -- MB-8F867E56FFD64326 - Taken by Ezalc. 3 entrants total.
Third Eye Crime -- MB-042A9C23501185FD - Taken by Last Baron. 8 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy -- MB-A7544421B21C9AD2 - Taken by bkw. 17 entrants total.
Grimind -- MB-46557D09C39B015B - Taken by gaiadyne. 2 entrants total.
Skara the Blade Remains -- MB-6112DC787D8DBF69 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 7 entrants total.
Speed kills -- MB-8B616214D35B76ED - Taken by Benedict. 3 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-4DD5D79C11727966 - Taken by Popstar. 3 entrants total.
Dracula 2 The last Sanctuary -- MB-1287C496817958CB
Sweet Lily Dreams -- MB-99652315FE47F2B6
Viscera Cleanup Detail -- MB-84FA85A18C5CABE2 - Taken by MillionStabs. 16 entrants total.
Sacraboar -- MB-228BFD82FDED680D - Taken by Kurt Russell. 5 entrants total.
Gearcrack Arena -- MB-7256D717F06C4D4B
Master Reboot -- MB-EF9A455DB39C204E - Taken by TheTrain. 10 entrants total.
Planet Stronghold -- MB-9F8DE5388008A54D - Taken by SSPssp. 6 entrants total.
Nostradums the Last Prohecy -- MB-19E1D0A50D3666CA - Taken by BernardoOne. 2 entrants total.
The Cameron Files the Secret of Loch Ness -- MB-E27A7BF9079F6E28 - Taken by nja. 2 entrants total.
Dead Hungry Diner -- MB-FA1835630792E7DE - Taken by kudoboi. 6 entrants total.
Broken Sword Directors Cut -- MB-ED8045C1B3FA400F - Taken by Stumpokapow. 9 entrants total.
Penguins Arena Sednas World -- MB-53E936BDC1E99FD1
Broken Sword 2 -- MB-2EEDF14F62871C6D - Taken by Jables Swan. 6 entrants total.
Depth Hunter 2 -- MB-12992FCF4F3850C9 - Taken by The Dear Leader. 2 entrants total.

t1420422448z1.png

Arthea

so, you'll go on with ignoring my questions in 2015 too? bummer

Anyway, I probably need to start my list for people that don't have Trails in their GOTY lists, because it's time.

I initially said I'll have no problem with my steam GOTY list but now when I'm thinking about submitting it, I have hard time with anything beyond my two goties, too many good games and too many games I think are great. Still, I need to make up my mind today, somehow.

AHA-Lambda

Anyone ever do a census for Steam-GAF? I'm just curious how old ya'll are :3

I'm 36

24 next week.

Happy Sunday my good people! Sun is peeking but it's still quite a bit cold in here, hope everyone is doing okay. Anyone playing any goodies from the sale? I will keep my adventures in RE Revelations along the week and will keep on listening the "Kovac's Rules" in How to Survive.

But today is time for some coffee (it's a Ristretto Ardenza) with a book. :)

Damn good book :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom