• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 1 is out next week
header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/282900/

Noice

50%off? Holy crap, buying this day one.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Honestly, I'm fine with everything. DirectX is something Microsoft should be doing. Incorporating video recording into the OS is kind of neat. I suspect Fable Legends (which I don't have a lot of enthusiasm for) will be released on Steam--I don't think there's anything about their presentation, including the presence of Xbox achievements, that precludes that. I think affirmatively showing Steam is a pretty good gesture of good faith. Streaming is kind of irrelevant to me, I don't live in some mega mansion. If I had an Xbox One, I'd play Xbox One exclusives on Xbox One, not on my PC and my Xbox One simultaneously.

So ultimately for me I'd like to see more announcements of games released on PC. Or not. Whatever. My life goes on. The main thing is that it doesn't appear that MS is actively sabotaging the things I do enjoy.

Dr Dogg

Eh see with VR at least that means you could attend a meeting without having to go through all that hassle of attending a meeting. Still I guess you could play out real life Dead Space.

HoosTrax

How is this allowed on Steam?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/327640

If the art assets come from the game then it's either copyright infringement OR requires you to have a copy of the base game (in which case it won't be function for the vast majority of people on Steam and there's no indication on the store page). I guess if the art assets are original then it might be OK, but it's still totally bizarre to be available on Steam.

Seems pretty shady. And the developers sound a tad unprofessional (it took a Steam user bringing up the issue of them having screenshots that show assets from C3 before it occurred to them that it might be an issue).

As far as the game itself, I found Caesar III a bit annoying back when I was playing it. It's very prone to endless cycles of housing evolving/devolving, in situations where the service providers aren't making their rounds efficiently. (The Tropico games work the opposite way, for example -- your citizens haul their own asses to whatever services they require)

Holographic/holograms means projection in the enviroment for me.
Not on a small screen inches away from your eyes.
Yeah, I was expecting Star Trek-y stuff but this is plain AR.

Still, I am eager at how well MS is going to pull this off.

So far sadly no real-live action was shown, only ideas and CG videos.

this certainly seems more like some AR shit than actual holograms.

Yeah, I was expecting Star Trek-y stuff but this is plain AR.

Still, I am eager at how well MS is going to pull this off.

So far sadly no real-live action was shown, only ideas and CG videos.

they can't do demos because no one else can see this except said person wearing the 'HoloLens' (which is a terribad name).

edit : as they show a demo...

Please Double Fine, let me pre-order Grim Fandango on Steam, I want to give you my money.

I've been waiting so long to play this fantastic game again.

Barbarian

I'm not sure what is supposed to be so exciting about streaming xbone to pc. Is it for people who want the opposite of comfy couch? Is it for kids who want to play their xbones without their parents' knowing? I'm not trying to be sarcastic. I really don't see the appeal.

I suppose streaming to a laptop or tablet could be cool, but without a wired connection, the quality would probably take a hit.

What Steam Skins do you recommend?
I've been using PixelVision from the start but since its development was halted I'm looking for an alternative. Something in a similar style.

AHA-Lambda

Please Double Fine, let me pre-order Grim Fandango on Steam, I want to give you my money.

I've been waiting so long to play this fantastic game again.

Same, and yet gog will probably be cheaper (again) for it too, so I'll probably end up getting it there anyway >_>

Good.

Windows 95/98 Good
Windows ME Bad
XP Good
Windows Vista Bad
Windows 7 good
Windows 8 bad
Windows 10 should be good

But Windows 8 got better though, so will Windows 10 get worse?

Chariot

Good.

Windows 95/98 Good
Windows ME Bad
XP Good
Windows Vista Bad
Windows 7 good
Windows 8 bad
Windows 10 should be good
For fucks sake. Win8 wasn't bad. The metro start menu was slightly irritating, but it was literally one click to close it and it wasn't there in 8.1. Other than that Win8 worked like it was supposed to work.

Only thing I think is verified is that there is a kinect v2 sensor on the brim of the hololens.
Oh wow. That is mighty impressive tech.
Being a new tech, I can't get help get hopeful for its development.
Whether past demos like Natal failed to achieve promises, I will give benefit of time to MS until final product or insider info comes out.

Same, and yet gog will probably be cheaper (again) for it too, so I'll probably end up getting it there anyway >_>

But Windows 8 got better though, so will Windows 10 get worse?

To be fair Windows ME was their only real turkey. Even Vista was pretty good after a few patches like 8.1 has, Its just a perception.

For fucks sake. Win8 wasn't bad. The metro start menu was slightly irritating, but it was literally one click to close it and it wasn't there in 8.1. Other than that Win8 worked like it was supposed to work.

by it self, maybe. But if you compare to the previous iteration (7)...it was a step back IMO.

I hate using my wife's Surface (8.1) and prefer using my desktop (7) over my laptop (8.1)

Lomax

It's more just the "is it worth upgrading" cycle. Vista honestly wasn't bad either, after some hardware advances and service packs. But there was no reason to go from XP to Vista. Windows 8 is fine (especially if you have a touchscreen device), but there's no reason to go from 7 to 8. Honestly, there probably wouldn't have been enough reason to go from 7 to 10 either, which is why it is getting the free upgrade as well.

Dr Dogg

Once you realise a right click on the Windows icon in 8.1 give's you a lot more common used applications and services than 7 you start to moan less but it's still not as quick to get to features I commonly use in a work use. For media consumption/gaming it knocks 7 out of the water for me in terms of performance and ease of use.

Heh, I actually got one of those last week! It's damn funny looking, but insanely powerful.

Hahaha soz dude. Pictures probably don't do it justice but build quality doesn't look my cup of tea and material and fit and finish looks a bit wonky.

Chariot

by it self, maybe. But if you compare to the previous iteration (7)...it was a step back IMO.

I hate using my wife's Surface (8.1) and prefer using my desktop (7) over my laptop (8.1)
I can't see the big difference. I use 8.1 on my PC and 7 on my laptop and they are working both the same way, the tiny tweaks are not really worth mentioning. If I want to use windows like I used to, I can do that. In fact, I do that. Of course that also means that there is no real reason to change the OS if you have 7, but 8 gets so much unwarranted shit, it's mindboggeling.
It's more just the "is it worth upgrading" cycle. Vista honestly wasn't bad either, after some hardware advances and service packs. But there was no reason to go from XP to Vista. Windows 8 is fine (especially if you have a touchscreen device), but there's no reason to go from 7 to 8. Honestly, there probably wouldn't have been enough reason to go from 7 to 10 either, which is why it is getting the free upgrade as well.
Sure, but some people treat Win8 like acid. A friend of mine got out of his way to get Win7 instead of using the Win8 his bought laptop had.

Megasoum

Banned
Once you realise a right click on the Windows icon in 8.1 give's you a lot more common used applications and services than 7 or start to moan less but it's still not as quick to get to features I commonly use in a work use. For media consumption/gaming it knocks 7 out of the water for me in terms of performance and ease of use.

I simply use my Start Screen as a giant shortcut screen. I uninstall every single "metro" apps and put icons for all my most commonly used apps sorted in categories. It's way easier and faster to access than the old crappy start menu in Win7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom