• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozium

Oooohh I think I know why Gat Out of Hell cards aren't dropping. It's not released everywhere yet (might be late on this but sue me).

I asked on Steam forum and someone from Volition said he didn't know and was going to look into it so it sounds like an error.

That used to be the case, but some devs and others with RSO (release state override) copies began selling their cards on the market at high prices while the game in question was unavailable to the general public, so Valve responded accordingly.

Oh, I didn't know it was regarded as a problem. I guess I was wrong then.

Parsnip

What's "sein"?

cFu81I4.png

https://steamdb.info/app/261570/subs/

Good catch. The only thing I noticed was that the Saints Row games have that free countdown there.

At least one of them reference Ori.

Dr Dogg

So who's buying an Xbox One then?

It's kind of like their take on Remote Play/Off TV Play but on a whole host of devices (granted none guaranteed with physical buttons so be interesting to see how that's handled). Sure it makes sense for phone, laptop, tablet users but unless you're not in the same property as the Xbox One who in their right mind is going to stream that to a PC.

Be interesting to see how the game capture feature works, if it uses Nvidia's NVEC codec and hardware encoding, quality options and if it can support loopy framerates (Dxtory has been a bit finicky for me lately at recording anything over 140-150fps). Still it's another tool in the box.

Cards can drop even for unreleased games, like for early review copies.

I'm on about in the DB as the release state still shows 'preloadonly' with override set to released countries. Until it changes to released then cards don't drop and, as Nabs pointed out, achievements don't show correctly.

ArjanN

Yeah, could be anything, even MCC.

Edit: They announced Halo: Spartan Strike for Steam. But I doubt they've been working on it that long.

Spartan Strike is being developed by Vanguard Games, who besides Spartan Assault also did Gatling Gears, which came back to Steam last month in an updated version without the EA-stuff and with Steam achievements.

Parsnip

Be interesting to see how the game capture feature works, if it uses Nvidia's NVEC codec and hardware encoding, quality options and if it can support loopy framerates (Dxtory has been a bit finicky for me lately at recording anything over 140-150fps). Still it's another tool in the box.

If it rivals Shadowplay in features, I'll probably use it. I don't like using Shadowplay to capture desktop, but afaik it's the only way it works on borderless fullscreen games. If built-into-OS-gamedvr can "fix" that, sound good to me.

Ozium

Phil Spencer's Installed Steam Games:

DayZ
Dear Esther
Descent
DOTO
Fez
Guacamelee Gold
Half-Life 2
Limbo
Portal 2
Civ V
Civ BE
Super Meat Boy
Superbrothers EP
The Swapper
Thomas Was Alone

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Speaking of Ori, the dev who posts here on GAF has been completely dodging the question of whether or not the game will support trading cards, so I'm not optimistic, which is disappointing as the visuals could make for some amazing profile backgrounds.

If it rivals Shadowplay in features, I'll probably use it. I don't like using Shadowplay to capture desktop, but afaik it's the only way it works on borderless fullscreen games. If built-into-OS-gamedvr can "fix" that, sound good to me.

Doesn't the Xbox DVR only allow previous 30 seconds however?

Also, regarding Ori, where was it that achievement list came from?

Kiru

Good catch. The only thing I noticed was that the Saints Row games have that free countdown there.

Oh you noticed it too. So how does that work after the free weekend is over ?
He was in Offline mode.. Maybe the free games stay in there until you go online and it removes them from the library
Oh ok, never used offline mode, wouldn't know how free games behave with that.

I'm actually kind of excited about Fable Legends now, I'll finally be able to play something with my younger brother who is a console duder. Hope the game actually turns out alright.

Monooboe

Didn't Phil say Beyond Earth one of his favorites and yet only has 80 minutes in it, for a Civ game that's like briefly looking in the menu.

Dr Dogg

Actually seeing as Spencer has pretty much put his Steam Account name and alias out in the public domain I wonder how many folks are going to try and steal his account, scam his account or spam him friends request?

Honestly, for me ShadowPlay came out of the gates at full pelt but in terms of features it's never really caught up with OBS, Dxtory, Action!, even FRAPS has some tweaks and higher framerate recording options than it. Best thing is the next to nothing performance hit and it's hassle free and stable nature unlike the others. Though I want higher bit rates as well further ability to capture footage at a framerate and resolution I key in. Still at least Nvidia sorted out the SLI problem that crippled performance.

Hope it get's into a preview build sooner rather than later but the last update even on the fast ring was early December and I think the next one is going to be more Cortana and accessibility changes than entertainment.

yuraya

Didn't Phil say Beyond Earth one of his favorites and yet only has 80 minutes in it, for a Civ game that's like briefly looking in the menu.

Probably just said it to be nice. In his line of work I doubt he ever gets to sit down and actually play any one game for a long time. Especially not PC games.

Grief.exe

I think he may have been referring to Civ V through a lot of the presentation, but actually using BE. Before he launched the game he said, 'obviously this was released before Windows 10 was even a word.' That would be true for Civ V, but Windows 10 was actually in the hands of consumers well before BE's release.

Phil Spencer has FEAR 2 and F3AR in his library, but not the original...

Phil u dun goofed

Ooops.

Any news on Halo MCC?

Nope.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
JaseC has now 4000 games.
tumblr_inline_mkle40Ltq21qfi5b1.gif

I didn't think it'd happen this week (my pay taxation issue still hasn't been sorted, so I "lost" over $300 yesterday), but I bought what I wanted earlier and then, being a stone's throw from where I needed to be, figured I'd just buy five cheap games to get to 3994 (I've had the Disney Fairy/Princess Pack sitting in my inventory since the Disney sale late last year and it has 6 games).

And 2k badge. Getting games faster than Valve can come up with badges...

Valve uploaded a 3k badge more than half a year ago now but it's still not in use, haha.

Congrats to JaseC on 4k. That is so many games >_>

tumblr_ml5p41ng1o1r08o2alw.gif

Phil Spencer has FEAR 2 and F3AR in his library, but not the original...

Phil u dun goofed

Haha, that caught my eye, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom