• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Game 5 (1 point) : dark souls 2
Game 4 (2 points) : the wolf among us
Game 3 (3 points) : Alien Isolation
Game 2 (4 points) : Transistor
Game 1 (5 points) : Planetarian: The Reverie of a Little Planet

That little planet is indeed going to stay small this voting from the rest of GAF.

TWAU is a weird one... cause not all episodes were released in 2014.
It wouldn't have made my top 5, but I left it out of my top 10 for GAF GOTY because of this.

Chariot

If My Heart Had Wings is pretty nice. I only played about an hour, but so far the characters are very enjoyable. Kotori is kinda annoying with her attitude, but this is my hate for tsunderes and I am sure she will get better as the plot rolls along. Ageha is my favorite character so far and puts me in a bad position. This VN like NekoPara is censored, but that actually butchered part of the plot and Agehas route apparently makes no sense as it is in the Steamversion. *sigh* If you censor, do it properly. And apparently I have to restart the game, after installing the restoration patch. What a hassle.

Welp, everything for Ageha.

104ECFF68C612776697E05410669426892BFE315

Jawmuncher

If My Heart Had Wings is pretty nice. I only played about an hour, but so far the characters are very enjoyable. Kotori is kinda annoying with her attitude, but this is my hate for tsunderes and I am sure she will get better as the plot rolls along. Ageha is my favorite character so far and puts me in a bad position. This VN like NekoPara is censored, but that actually butchered part of the plot and Agehas route apparently makes no sense as it is in the Steamversion. *sigh* If you censor, do it properly. And apparently I have to restart the game, after installing the restoration patch. What a hassle.

Welp, everything for Ageha.

Kotori path stays fine thankfully. Really enjoyed it aside from the Hollywood ending.

TWAU is a weird one... cause not all episodes were released in 2014.
It wouldn't have made my top 5, but I left it out of my top 10 for GAF GOTY because of this.

looks like MRORANGE accounted for episodic games in the voting.

- Episodic games that overlap 2013/2014 can be counted as long as they have not been used in the 2013 Steam GOTY

I don't know how GAF GOTY does their voting, but yeah....episodic is a strange one.

23 here, soon to be 24 years old.

I'm thinking about sending my GOTY list, at least for PC and I noticed that I played very few games from 2014 and some of them I only got recently.

As of now, it's like this:

Game 5 (1 point) : Pivvot
Game 4 (2 points) : Astebreed
Game 3 (3 points) : Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION
Game 2 (4 points) : One Finger Death Punch
Game 1 (5 points) : The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

Jawmuncher

Blergh, I don't want to play her route first, I don't like her very much. Ageha should be my first >////<
She's such a cool character and the tsundere stuff doesn't stay that long. Also do yourself a favor and skim the parts where they get too in depth about plane mechanics. Save yourself hours by doing so(or at least felt like that). If you know a glider glides on wind you are set for every conversation in the hanger.

He doesn't want the SteamGAF one, he wants this one
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=953311
thanks
Is there a PC equivalent of Etrian Odyssey games?
I mean a dungeon blobber with in build manual mapping? I don't really want to alt-tab to Excel each step taken.

Also, come on, Squeenix, time for a Steam release:

pcsx2-r58752014-02-23b0pxl.png

The game still looks better than 90% of curgen games...
It would be nice, but in no way does it look better than 90% of current gen games.

Volotaire

The 1 dollar tier is an instant buy from me since I have none of the games listed. I can't justify the extra cost for Speedrunners with the Twitch subscription. I will have you one day Escape Goat 2!

Volotaire

The $6 price is fixed? There is no BTA this time? I don't fully understand how HB works...

Sometimes they implement fixed tiers instead of BTA averages, usually reserved for the highest tiers. In this case they have fixed both tiers, presumingly because of the Twitch subscription included.

Parsnip

Extras.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

White Noise Online -- MB-A2FB419D28E3D55F - Taken by Mavromatis
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee -- MB-2776872EE9F578AD - Taken by Panda Rin
Stick it to The Man! -- MB-6FC02D95463B89E2 - Taken by Volotaire
Return to Mysterious Island 2 -- MB-A5EEFF03954D7635 - Taken by autoduelist
Race Injection -- MB-56C4EEBB15A54F70 - Taken by sensoft04
Little Racers STREET -- MB-16CB94B6776A8775 - Taken by Naked Snake
Mini Motor Racing EVO -- MB-2C439449AEB42A34 - Taken by texhnolyze
Volgarr the Viking -- MB-E68E833E56E8451A - Taken by Sch1sm

Enjoy

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Harbinger of War, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shadow Warrior Classic Redux -- MB-4E1E5C5BC199F2B6 - Taken by Saty. 2 entrants total.
NiGHTS Into Dreams -- MB-4089955C5DD28389 - Taken by WisK. 3 entrants total.
Eldritch -- MB-EA0886A87CBD193D - Taken by ExoSoul. 7 entrants total.
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-6939FD40203E984E - Taken by Gallantioh. 1 entrants total.
Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition -- MB-1D05B6EBCBF1F22B - Taken by salazar547. 3 entrants total.

t1420402435z1.png

Articalys

Happy Sunday my good people! Sun is peeking but it's still quite a bit cold in here, hope everyone is doing okay. Anyone playing any goodies from the sale? I will keep my adventures in RE Revelations along the week and will keep on listening the "Kovac's Rules" in How to Survive.

But today is time for some coffee (it's a Ristretto Ardenza) with a book. :)

i9qEUiRl.jpg
I'd be curious to hear your impressions on the book when you're finished reading it; I saw a mention of it a while back in my newspaper's book review section and it looked sort of interesting.

MUnited83

For you.
Fedoras for everyone!

hat-flip-win.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for BernardoOne:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BernardoOne, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Murdered Soul Suspect #3 -- MB-55792E43CD6842FD - Taken by TheLight. 52 entrants total.
Murdered Soul Suspect #2 -- MB-DDC1A819625BC9C7 - Taken by 73V3N. 47 entrants total.
Murdered Soul Suspect #5 -- MB-C38A4366F66B25B0 - Taken by Rayge. 49 entrants total.
Murdered Soul Suspect #4 -- MB-B99B04DBFB978088 - Taken by Tesseract. 45 entrants total.
Murdered Soul Suspect #7 -- MB-6A2AD4D3B32763D7 - Taken by Akuosa. 51 entrants total.
Murdered Soul Suspect #6 -- MB-685FC8B0B22C45D3 - Taken by kudoboi. 53 entrants total.
Murdered Soul Suspect #9 -- MB-E70B96B1CADC4ACC - Taken by Kiru. 52 entrants total.
Murdered Soul Suspect #8 -- MB-3FDBB3EA996DA748 - Taken by Wok. 45 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Murdered Soul Suspect -- MB-4C48F234CDE1B535 - Taken by darkchewie. 49 entrants total.

t1420402557z1.png

Kifimbo

If you still don't have it.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kifimbo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-D1FB9095964A8B4F - Taken by Pranay_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom