• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin1025

Banned
Went for the $10 tier, been meaning to pick up Escape Goat 2 and Speedrunners for a while now. Duke and Shadow Warrior are a welcome inclusion! Already had Volgarr, so...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (kevin1025, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Volgarr the Viking -- MB-79A178F02F9C38E2 - Taken by iosefe. 12 entrants total.

t1420395357z1.png

Divius

I believe last year mister orange didn't look at you weird when one didn't use up all his points.
Oh I know, last year I only submitted like 3 games as well, so that's not the issue. I still have a few games to play that have been getting mentions, such as MGR:R and Abbys Odyssey.

Annubis

I tried the demo of Recettear and now I bought it. What happened to the demo? I can't find it in my game list anymore.

EDIT
Nevermind, it seems it automatically uninstalled.

It's not uninstalled, just removed from your steam game list.
It's still in your Steam (program files) folder and needs to be manually removed.
I had the same thing happen with Nekopara.

gngf123

sup

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (gngf123, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee -- MB-5999944DFCC22429 - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 5 entrants total.

t1420395958z1.png

Wok

One of my good resolution this year is to spend less on indie bundles. I have already bought two since the start of the year 3 days ago.

Knurek

New 'n' Tasty is still a PS4 exclusive. Frankly, at this point, there's nothing JAW could say that would convince me that Sony didn't cough up some cash for temporary exclusivity.

Well, it's not like they have a history of doing just that sort of thing, right?
215083307_gAxDr-1050x10000.jpg

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone ever do a census for Steam-GAF? I'm just curious how old ya'll are :3

I'm 36

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BinaryPork2737, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Momodora III -- MB-E8E08BF1776A70A0 - Taken by fspm. 48 entrants total.

t1420406279z1.png

Videospel

It's not uninstalled, just removed from your steam game list.
It's still in your Steam (program files) folder and needs to be manually removed.
I had the same thing happen with Nekopara.

I looked into the game's folder and only the save file was there, so I think it really was removed.

Lomax

To be honest, I kind of wish the $1 tier was Shantae instead of Volgarr, I'm sure Volgarr is the better game but Shantae has been on my radar longer. And then I'd probably end up talking myself into the $6 tier for Volgarr. I don't think I can talk myself into the $6 tier for Shantae.

Anteater

is there a way to disable gfwl's stupid menu when you press the guide button on the 360 controller? I have screenshot mapped to it so I don't want the game to be paused everytime I press that button for gfwl games.

To be honest, I kind of wish the $1 tier was Shantae instead of Volgarr, I'm sure Volgarr is the better game but Shantae has been on my radar longer. And then I'd probably end up talking myself into the $6 tier for Volgarr. I don't think I can talk myself into the $6 tier for Shantae.
You want Shantae more than Volgarr, but you can't talk yourself into paying $6 for it, yet you'd go for it if the game you wanted less was $6?!

Tizoc

Well, it's not like they have a history of doing just that sort of thing, right?
215083307_gAxDr-1050x10000.jpg

IIRC Lorne Lanning didn't have anything to do with the exclusivity as that was decided by the higher ups/their publisher?
You're also being misleading; PS4 just got the game first, JAW is a small dev and they just haven't gotten the other versions ready for release yet, heck Munch's Oddyssey Vita got released nearly a year after the PS3 ver. when it was supposed to be out on Early 2014 :p

Oddworld New n' Tasty was never an exclusive, and I recall reading that Wii U and XBone ver. were announced ever since the game got released on PS4.

Speevy

Banned
IIRC Lorne Lanning didn't have anything to do with the exclusivity as that was decided by the higher ups/their publisher?
You're also being misleading; PS4 just got the game first, JAW is a small dev and they just haven't gotten the other versions ready for release yet, heck Munch's Oddyssey Vita got released nearly a year after the PS3 ver. when it was supposed to be out on Early 2014 :p

Oddworld New n' Tasty was never an exclusive, and I recall reading that Wii U and XBone ver. were announced ever since the game got released on PS4.

Looking at historical context, it was thought for a long time that Microsoft was buying dozens of exclusives because no one would be interested in its garish black box otherwise.

Also, this comic invented the moneyhat.

Tizoc

Looking at historical context, it was thought for a long time that Microsoft was buying dozens of exclusives because no one would be interested in its garish black box otherwise.

Also, this comic invented the moneyhat.

I thought moneyhat came from TF2 :V

Oh yeah, I'm 29.

As for this bundle, I've been meaning to donate a little bit to a cancer foundation, so part of me is considering cranking the humble up to $30 and just moving the sliders to be 80-90% or so to the charity. Hrmm.

Also, GOTY:

Game 5 (1 point) : OlliOlli
Game 4 (2 points) : Super Time Force Ultra
Game 3 (3 points) : Wofenstein New Order
Game 2 (4 points) : South Park: The Stick of Truth
Game 1 (5 points) : Shadow of Mordor

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Iconoclasts is finally coming out? Feels like forever since I saw the start of it.

A lot of the games in that thread look amazing.

Ryne

There are going to be some great platformers heading to the PC in the coming months from the platformer thread.

I'm still missing a lot of great ones. There are some that look like cannon fodder though.
No love for Chasm :(

My most anticipated, aside from Hyper Light Drifter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom