• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2015 - Steam GOTY results: Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

autoduelist

Well, I've, uh, never actually read any of Murakami's works before. Is there somewhere good to start?

Murakami's books are often quite different from one another, but I think his masterpiece is The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle and I also think it's one of the best books ever written. It's quite hard to summarize the plot, but suffice it to say it's engaging, interesting, and well worth your time.

cicero

91sn32Q.jpg

With all of these age revelations by dickity-somethings I feel like tying a big yellow onion to my belt and hopping a freight train to Morganville. I have to say "dickety" because the Kaiser has stolen our word "twenty".

SHORTRAFFLE! to be fair

ModBot said:
Instructions for arts&crafts:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (arts&crafts, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Year Walk -- MB-2201450E5E4FA60C - Taken by fenners. 3 entrants total.
Lovely Planet -- MB-A3C91FBF98A0E1E8 - Taken by stan423321. 3 entrants total.
Dust: An Elysian Tale -- MB-1A7C9970D89ECEB7 - Taken by The Reloader. 1 entrants total.

t1420405798z1.png

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
With all of these age revelations by dickity-somethings I feel like tying a big yellow onion to my belt and hopping a freight train to Morganville. I have to say "dickety" because the Kaiser has stolen our word "twenty".
So I tied an onion to my belt.

tebunker

Banned
Ugh that new Humble Bundle looks so nice... I just have to pas though. No new games in January. Or more precisely no buying games in January. I have to finish my three, and then my 52. Why being disciplined have to be so hard.

Ugh that new Humble Bundle looks so nice... I just have to pas though. No new games in January. Or more precisely no buying games in January. I have to finish my three, and then my 52. Why being disciplined have to be so hard.

I have to finish my 1700 before I buy new games...

Just bought both current humble bundles :(

in india, we have low speed connection and limited bandwidth plans.

mercy

Good luck with that :/.

You might like to consider turning off images completely in your GAF Profile Control Panel. That's what I have done and it is such a blessing. I miss the avatars [well some of them] and image links can still be clicked if I'm curious but crappy/creepy gifs [usually quoted multiple times together with an inane comment e.g. "lol", "my sides", "dying" etc] I do not miss.

Since Turfster seems to be slacking today..

He's probably still busy banging his head repeatedly against his desk.

Such a nice evening.

Installed dozens upon dozens of games yesterday and started one today.

Dark Souls 2.

What an awesome game. I thought my old gamepad would work but the right stick didn't pan camera but instead triggered heavy attacks, hah.
So I had to use M/KB. Maybe it's because I played Demons Souls with a gamepad but I feel the Souls games go smoother with one. Called my cousin and now I have a DS3 to my leisure :3
Now just to learn how to set it up to be played via USB. Don't have Bluetooth and don't want to waste a USB port for a dongle.

Besides being a great game, I have to give credit to From Software for their outstanding efforts at the optimization front. It's plain ludicrous that a game from 2014 runs on my laptop from 2007 so gosh darn smooth. Insane. I even started the game at max. settings and still got - for me at least - playable framerates of 10-15. This is insane. A game that comes out in '14 even starting up would have surprised me.

So I played for an hour or so and came to a room where a girl who turned into stone was blocking a lever. Couldn't figure out to remove her, so I just stopped. I think I will not return to DS2 anytime soon anyway. I believe I should play Dark Souls Prepare To Die beforehand .
Can't imagine how smooth it will run, now that I know DS2 ran so well :3

So excited! Gotta grab DSfix though I think before that.

And thanks to frost for answering my questions!

Though I still think I made every mistake possible, lol
Sorcerer was not the right choice for a noob like me. I should have gone Swordsman or Warrior. At least I know what class to choose for DS1 now.
Oh and the gift I choose was the Human Effigy. Just moments after getting it, I ran upstairs and found one in a chest -_-

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
happy new year, have some left-over turkey

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Roboleon, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-712D4E1782328A8E
Year Walk -- MB-D55404413814B137 - Taken by drakaenae. 2 entrants total.
SpeedRunners -- MB-B5D1918FB0350F7F - Taken by cicero. 8 entrants total.
Volgarr the Viking -- MB-5958BBC4DD845A95 - Taken by The Dear Leader. 11 entrants total.
MIND: Path to Thalamus -- MB-640B04AED4D151DB - Taken by dot. 4 entrants total.

t1420406338z1.png

I just beat volgar the viking. Game really is a throwback to the old 2d action/platform games.

How hard is it compared to, say, the NES Megamans? I'm tempted but I keep hearing that it's extremely difficult and frankly, I don't have time to throw at a really hard game.

Humble AGDQ leftovers. Only 1 game, but still related. Have fun.

ModBot said:
To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (stan423321, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last month, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

XSplit Premium (3 months & PROBABLY new subscribers only) -- MB-493AA7D7C7ADB6FE - Taken by Toshin. 1 entrants total.
SpeedRunners -- MB-23F9AECA1FF4A6A2 - Taken by Vardhan. 16 entrants total.
Twitch Turbo (1 month & new subscribers only) -- MB-12D1D09FE88B676A

t1420416484z1.png

How hard is it compared to, say, the NES Megamans? I'm tempted but I keep hearing that it's extremely difficult and frankly, I don't have time to throw at a really hard game.
MUCH more difficult IMO. It gets easier after you learn each area, but you'll die a thousand deaths before then.

Tellaerin

Well, I've, uh, never actually read any of Murakami's works before. Is there somewhere good to start?

Personally, I'd recommend Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World (it was my first Murakami novel and jumpstarted my appreciation of him as an author), but I'm interested in hearing The_Monk's thoughts on the topic myself. : )

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
downloading wolfensteeeeeeeeeeeeiner, wooooooooosh. only 40 gig. Been a long time since I've really enjoyed an FPS (probably Call of Juarez?), but I have BIG expeactations! :)

AHA-Lambda

ModBot said:
Instructions for AHA-Lambda:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (AHA-Lambda, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Abe's Odyssey -- MB-328DED3E8DF3A817 - Taken by lindarasta

FCFS.

Year Walk is pretty....trippy.

Guys, is Banished good? and 4k for it good?

yes and I don't know.

It's a pretty 'hardcore' city building game. It's also rather slow, sometimes it takes a few game years to see some changes. Rather satisfying when things work our
until everyone dies

Don't plan on 100%-ing all the achievements either.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Ugggghhhhh Humble Bundle keeps doing this to me. All I want is Shantae and Escape Goat 2 because I have the rest of the games and no need for streamer shit. Call me back when you have a bundle that isn't split up into shit.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Ugggghhhhh Humble Bundle keeps doing this to me. All I want is Shantae and Escape Goat 2 because I have the rest of the games and no need for streamer shit. Call me back when you have a bundle that isn't split up into shit.

Or, you know, just pay the 10 dollars since it all goes to the cancer charity.

And get the games you want.

And give the things you don't want here on modbot to people.... like you.

Arthea

Or, you know, just pay the 10 dollars since it all goes to the cancer charity.

And get the games you want.

And give the things you don't want here on modbot to people.... like you.

you are saying this after steam sale? are you insane?
We hardly have 10 dollars for food, let alone charity (><)

I've celebrated my 21st birthday on an annual basis for the last 20 years. :D

I don't celebrate or try not to, works as well as in "time has stopped" ;)

DriftedPlanet

Unconfirmed Member
You know if I could get a steam key somehow ? I won a key back when he gave some away on reddit. It was posted in the wild and I downloaded it after using a legit key. I have no idea where I would find a proof of ownership now. There isn't a way to redownload it too. I'm lost, lol.

I'm in the dark on that too, actually. All I know about keys is that Tim said he'd give them out to those that already own DD. He still hasn't explained how.

DarKshodaN

ModBot said:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (DarKshodaN, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sequence -- MB-4873D246CA4848C3 - Taken by C4rter. 7 entrants total.
Coldfire Keep -- MB-427BFDE577087B6A
RIP - Trilogy -- MB-B36D120B17F80784
Snuggle Truck -- MB-AF0EA0B39ED4AB3A - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
Sacraboar -- MB-64696E7F1C30B0FE
Lucius -- MB-C877C5A72BFFB569 - Taken by famfrit. 4 entrants total.
Penguins Arena: Sedna's World -- MB-E93B12593153BC05
1000 Amps -- MB-2BC96961DF126FEB - Taken by Darth Kupi. 4 entrants total.
Into the Dark: Ultimate Trash Edition -- MB-E59A1139A94E2E14 - Taken by sensoft04. 4 entrants total.
Return to Mysterious Island 2 -- MB-C7CDD6E659B5D882 - Taken by Dice. 1 entrants total.

t1420411197z1.png

Giveaway ends soon, good luck :)

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I chose Shani over Triss as my witcher waifu in the first game. Did i do good gaf?
no spoilers pls

She doesn't appear in the second game but CDPR added the tags so the choice carries over if you choose to load a save in TW2/TW3. Also Triss is the slightly obsessed girl who spends her time trying to steal her best friend's' love/partner in the novels.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
wow so turbo

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

twitch turbo -- MB-94C7DDFBC648F212 - Taken by Pranay_

Arthea

dammit, I started The Blackwell Legacy before my trip (as per many suggestions in this thread, including Knurek's) and today I noticed that there is an achievement for listening to commentary and it was switched off by default... Now I have to start over.

But...then you're basically lying to yourself :(

It's better than alternative (><)

Spyware

dammit, I started The Blackwell Legacy before my trip (as per many suggestions in this thread, including Knurek's) and today I noticed that there is an achievement for listening to commentary and it was switched off by default... Now I have to start over.
Some of the commentary is very spoiler-y. It's also pretty interruptive. I recently did a second playthrough with commentary of the first three games and would definitely not recommend doing that the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom